11th August 2017, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give IAS exam after completion of graduation with 52 percent marks?

Am I eligible to give IAS exam after completion of graduation with 52 percent marks? Can someone please let me know what is the minimum criteria required in marks to apply for IAS officer job? It will be helpful if you can give me the details soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percent marks?
  2. If I score 85% marks in graduation, will I be eligible for IAS exam?
  3. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of BA and MA with 50 percent marks?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for PGT teacher after completion of graduation with 45 percent and masters with 56 percent?
  5. Am I eligible to give the SET exam in Andhra Pradesh with 55% marks in Post graduation?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for TET exam after completion of graduation with 49.83 percent and belong to SC candidate?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerk exam after completion of intermediate with 50 percent marks?
  8. Am I eligible to get scholarship for doing B.Tech after completion of 12th with 71 percent marks?
  9. Am I eligible for doing IAS after completion of graduation from open university?
  10. Am I eligible to do MA or B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percentage marks?
  11. Am I eligible to do B.Ed course with 49.5 percent marks in B.Sc Maths and 62 percent marks in post graduation?
  12. Am I eligible to take CDS exam after completion of Graduation?
  13. Am I eligible to join B.Ed course after completion of graduation with 49 percent marks? -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to give banking exam before completion of my graduation?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for TGT Arts after completion of graduation with 49 percent and B.Ed with 71 percent? Relaxation for Ex-serviceman in Army?
  16. Am I eligible for giving CA exam after completion graduation in commerce with 49.50% marks?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible for IAS having got 45% marks in graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
12th August 2017, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IAS exam after completion of graduation with 52 percent marks?

Definitely you can because qualification for Civil Services Examination (commonly known as IAS examination) is graduation only irrespective of marks.
12th August 2017, 12:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IAS exam after completion of graduation with 52 percent marks?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IAS Exam if you have scored 52% marks in graduation.

There is no percentage criteria to appear for Civil Services Exam (IAS Exam).

However, there is an upper age limit varying to different category candidates.
  • General: 32 years
  • OBC: 35 years
  • SC/ST: 37 years
  • Physically disabled: 42 years
12th August 2017, 05:15 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to give IAS examination after completion of your graduation with 52 percent marks from a Government recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
12th August 2017, 06:00 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum passing aggregate in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination after scoring 52% in bachelor degree. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

To get detail for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th August 2017, 07:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that the minimum qualification required for appearing in Civil Services examination ( even known as IAS examination, IPS examination, etc. in general ) are as here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same course with any stream from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to become IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) Officer having completed your graduation with 52% marks then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as marks and stream of academics does not matters for one's eligibility to appear in Civil Services examination.

For more detailed information associated with Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
12th August 2017, 09:48 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. Bachelor's degree with minimum of passing percentage of marks is minimum academic qualification requirements for this exam.

2. You can apply for this exam with 52% marks in bachelor's degree.

3. The age requirement is 21-32 years. OBC gets three years upper age relaxation and SC/ST candidates five years upper age relaxation.
12th August 2017, 10:07 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

IAS means Indian Administrative Services. Every year lacs of candidates dream of becoming IAS officers but only top 90-100 candidates in Civil Services examination are alloted this service. You can imagine competition in this exam.

Students who have done bachelor's degree or have above qualification can apply for Civil Services examination. This exam just requires that you should be bachelor's degree passed. Percentage does not matter here.

The age limitation for general category candidates is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to reserved category candidates. The first stage of 2018 exam is on June 3, 2018. Notification will be released in February, 2018.
12th August 2017, 10:09 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This is the popular civil service among all the civil services.

Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct civil services exam through which the candidates can make entry into any of the civil services like
IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
IPS (Indian Police Service)
IFS (Indian Foreign Service) etc.

The selection process consists of the following rounds
Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

As per the eligibility criteria,

Candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam.

There is no percentage of marks criteria in Graduation.

As you have secured 52% of marks in your Graduation, you are surely eligible to apply for civil services exam.

You are eligible with respect to your academic qualification.

Also please confirm whether you are eligible with respect to your age.

Candidates of General category can take this exam upto 32 years.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

If you fall under above age criteria as per your category, then you can fully confirm your eligibility and apply for civil services exam.

There is huge competition among the candidates to crack civil services exam.

Hence I suggest you to have a strong preparation for this exam from a top coaching Institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?