7th March 2017, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS officer exam after completion of B.A graduation?

Am I eligible to apply for IAS officer exam after completion of B.A graduation? Can you please let me know the procedure which I need to follow for the same? Awaiting to get the response on the same. Please guide me soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
7th March 2017, 03:15 PM
positive boy

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS officer exam after completion of B.A graduation?

Yes,definitely you are eligible to become IAS officer exam after completion of B.A graduation. To become an IAS officer candidate has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Here I'm telling you the eligibility Criteria for IAS officer exam:-

=>Applicant must be Indian Citizen.

=>Candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream.

=>The age of the general candidate should be between - 21 to 30 years.

=>The age of the OBC candidate should be between - 21 to 33 years.

=>The age of the SC/ST candidate should be between - 21 to 35 years.
7th March 2017, 03:22 PM
gorleprameela

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS officer exam after completion of B.A graduation?

Yes, your eligible for writing IAS officer exam. Because every hardworking person can give any exam.
If you want to write lAS officer exam prepare well for entrance exam and write the exam you will definitely get the job. After B.A graduation also we can apply for the post of IAS officer.
7th March 2017, 03:39 PM
atal1978

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS officer exam after completion of B.A graduation.

Please go through the attachment & find the complete details for apply i.e. criteria / qualification / category type etc. etc.

Attached information is completed for preparation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FOR_IAS_EXAM.PDF(177.3 KB, 16 views)
7th March 2017, 08:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination after completion of your B.A Graduation course from a recognized university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years of age, upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to be eligible to apply for IAS examination.
7th March 2017, 09:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination every year for joining different services like IAS, IPS, IRS. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Final year graduation candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination. The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years and five years to OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.

You can apply for Indian Administrative Services examination after completion of Bachelor's degree in Arts. The last date to apply for Civil Services exam 2017 is 17th of March, 2017.
8th March 2017, 10:32 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you will need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Also the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline. Further students pursuing the final year of same degree are also eligible.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For your information I would also like to let you know that the application for Civil Services 2017 is still going on and will end on 17th March 2017.

For more details about Civil Services examination t=you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th March 2017, 10:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for IAS exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150
8th March 2017, 09:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an officer ( I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S ).

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

So, you can appear for examination ( after B.A ) the application form for 2017 examination is available now. The age will be as on 1st August of year of appearing for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th March 2017, 10:28 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Having completed your Bachelor of Arts ( B.A. ) degree course you are certainly eligible for appearing in IAS officer examination officially known as Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year on the educational requirement ground.

Apart from the educational qualification you must have the citizenship of India with your age lying between 21 years to 32 years if your belong to general category to be eligible for appearing in the same examination. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?