3rd October 2017, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an IAS officer after completion of 12th with commerce?

Procedure to become an IAS officer after completion of 12th with commerce? Can you please provide me with the details? What are the minimum criteria required? It will be really helpful if you can provide me with the answer on this. Thank you.

4th October 2017, 02:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IAS officer after completion of 12th with commerce?

To become an IAS officer, you have to pursue your Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. You should be within the age range of 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. So, after completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university, you are eligible to apply for an IAS officer examination.
4th October 2017, 06:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IAS officer after completion of 12th with commerce?

To become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted every year. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates have to qualify in all the stages of examination for final selection.

So, if you want to appear and qualify in examination you need to start preparation for examination according to syllabus.

For detail information about syllabus and other detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2017, 07:15 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

The examination conducted for IAS is Civil Services examination. UPSC conducts this exam every year.

The procedure to become IAS officer after 12th:

First step should be to pursue bachelor's degree in any stream of your choice. Final year graduation candidates can apply for the exam.

The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

In this exam, you will have to clear preliminary, mains exam and interview for final selection in service. Only top rankers upto 100 are alloted IAS.
4th October 2017, 09:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to become an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is organised by UPSC once every year.

--> Further the minimum criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation or must be in the final year of same with any subject of your choice from a recognized university.

So after completion of your Class 12th with Commerce stream you first need to complete your graduation degree with any discipline of your interest as stream will matter when one prepare for stage second of Civil Services examination i.e; Mains.

For detailed information regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2017, 09:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely if you have passed your 12th standard with commerce stream then you are eligible for IAS examination but for that you have to complete your graduation in any discipline in which you are interested from a recognised University. Civil services examination is conducted by UPSC in a year.
So complete your graduation and after that you are eligible.
5th October 2017, 01:08 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear in Civil Service examination now. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you have to wait till completion of bachelor degree to appear in examination. Candidates can appear in final year of degree also.

For final recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages of examination. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th October 2017, 12:06 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Procedure to become an IAS officer after completion of 12th with commerce? Can you please provide me with the details? What are the minimum criteria required? It will be really helpful if you can provide me with the answer on this. Thank you.

As you are in 10+2 and want to become IAS officer, then you must have to go for bachelors degree, because minimum qualification required to become IAS officer is bachelors degree from government recognized institute.

If you want to become IAS (Indian Administrative Services) officer, then you must have to fullfil below mentioned eligibility conditions:-

Eligibility Conditions for IAS Officer:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for IAS officer exam is bachelors degree form government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained, Relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST category candidates, Relaxation of 3% marks for OBC category candidate.

>> Only Indian citizens are allowed to apply for IAS officer exam.

>> Age limit to apply for IAS officer exam is 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit is for SC/ST category candidates, Relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit for OBC category candidates.

Selection Procedure for IAS Officer Exam:-

:- Preliminary exam.

>> Carries 400 marks.

:- Main Exam.

>> Carries 1400 marks.

:- Personal interview.

>> Carries 200 marks.
5th October 2017, 06:01 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To be an IAS officer first you have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Only after that you will be eligible for IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC. For main preparation you can join a good coaching institution in the final year of your graduation in your locality. Final year students can also apply for this exam. Thanks
5th October 2017, 08:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. After completion of your Bachelor's degree course, you can apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for IAS examination. You need to qualify Preliminary, Mains and Interview rounds to become an IAS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?