8th January 2017, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and I have a dream to become an IAS Officer so I have decided to start preparing for IAS after completing Graduation. I want to know which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer? Can I start preparing for the exam from now? Please answer as soon as possible.

9th January 2017, 07:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer?

If you are interested to become an IAS officer then, you need to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). You can pursue your graduation in any course of your interest even if you are interested to become an IAS officer. There is no need to choose any particular course and study that to become an IAS officer. So, I suggest you to pursue any course of your interest and after that you can apply for IAS examination.
9th January 2017, 11:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer?

Yes, you must start your preparation for examination from now to qualify in Civil Service examination and make your dream come true.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and candidates have to appear and qualify in examination for final selection.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination. So, you can pursue any stream but as a common most of students pursue Arts stream ( History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, English, Sociology etc.) in bachelor degree to appear for examination.

For syllabus and other details for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th January 2017, 11:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have taken the right decision of starting preparation for examination from now.

As, according to eligibility to appear for Civil Service examination eligibility candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

That's why you are eligible to opt any stream in your bachelor degree. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final recruitment.

The three stages of examination are Preliminary, Mains and Interview. To get detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th January 2017, 09:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and I have a dream to become an IAS Officer so I have decided to start preparing for IAS after completing Graduation. I want to know which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer? Can I start preparing for the exam from now? Please answer as soon as possible.
The minimum eligibility criteria for IAS exam is graduation degree from a recognized University. This exam doesn't required any percentage marks in graduation degree. So you can do graduation degree in History to become an IAS officer. Because this subject is scoring compare to other.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
24th June 2018, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir ,I am studying in class 11(science)and have dream to become an ias officer.After 12th in which field should i do graduation.
Also i am confused that weather i should focus on board or for jee.please sir guide me as soon as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?