28th March 2017, 01:14 PM
asrrajpoot2000

How many times can I appear for JEE Main exam in a year? Is there any age limit?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th and I will be completing my Intermediate next year. I want to appear for JEE Main exam so I want to know how many time can I appear for JEE Main exam in a year? Is there any age limit? Please answer as soon as possible.

29th March 2017, 09:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times can I appear for JEE Main exam in a year? Is there any age limit?

The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. The age criteria required to appear in JEE Main examination is 17 - 25 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
29th March 2017, 10:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times can I appear for JEE Main exam in a year? Is there any age limit?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by CBSE and IIT every year.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. The total number of attempts to appear for examination is :-

Main - 3.

Advanced - 2.

The examination is conducted once in a year, so the maximum probability of appearing in examination is one in a particular year.

The maximum age limit to appear for examination is 25 years. For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
29th March 2017, 10:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical degree course in any CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology ) and other private engineering colleges of India.

JEE is held by CBSE once every in two stages which involves JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

As far as you are concerned about the number of attempts allowed for appearing in JEE Main then it is three successive attempts including the year in which you are appearing in your Class 12th board examination.

Further the maximum age limit for appearing in JEE Main is 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

For more details about same examination you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th March 2017, 08:37 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Test and it is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced. Also it is held for offering admission in B.Tech/B.Arch degree course in various government engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for appearing in JEE Main then for appearing in same examination your age must lie below 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Relaxation of 5 years is allowed if your belong to SC/ST or PWD category.

Also the maximum attempt allowed for appearing in JEE Main is three where as that for JEE Advanced is two which includes JEE of that year in which you have passed your Class 12th.

For more FAQs and details related to JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
31st March 2017, 10:37 AM
kachhadiyasharda

Candidates can appear maximum 3 times in JEE Main.

Age Limit
One must have age between 17 to 25 years. Age relaxation applicable 5 years to reserved categories like SC, ST and PWD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?