13th November 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

How many times I can appear for IIT-JEE Exam being a candidate of 12th class?

i am a student of class 12th .how many times i can appear iitjee?

14th November 2011, 12:31 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times I can appear for IIT-JEE Exam being a candidate of 12th class?

Since you are in the 12th standard you can apply for the exam in 2012. You can take this exam only twice. This means if you appear for the exam in 2012 and 2013, you will not be eligible for it in 2014. So make sure you apply only if you are well prepared. You should make a study plan and follow it meticulously.

14th November 2011, 04:43 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times I can appear for IIT-JEE Exam being a candidate of 12th class?

Dear Friend

You can apply this year i.e. for JEE 2012 and for JEE 2013.

You can appear IIT-JEE which is going to be held next year i.e. JEE-2012.
If you qualify JEE-2012 and also you pass 12th with more than 60% marks
then you can get admission in some JEE college on the basis of your JEE-2012 rank.

If you don't score 60% or above marks in 12th but you qualify JEE-2012 then
it you can't claim for admission through JEE counseling.

To apply for IIT-JEE kindly visit: wwwhttp://jee.iitd.ac.in/

14th November 2011, 05:00 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

The eligibility criteria for IIT JEE is you should have scored atleast 60% in your 12th exam.

There are only two attempts available for candidates to write IIT-JEE exam.

One attempt is after finishing your 12th or an year later.

You need to attempt two successive attempts.It means there should not be any gap between these two attempts.

Good luck

14th November 2011, 05:21 PM
iatul89

Quote:
Hi Friend,

Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE Exam::

The eligibility needed by one to write this exam is a pass in standard XII.
Applicants can appear for this exam only twice, that too in the consecutive years.
Applicants must have a both mentally and physique healthy.
Those who are going to give their final exams can apply as well.

all the best.

14th November 2011, 05:39 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend you can appear in IIT-JEE exam for two times in consecutive manner.

You can appear in IIT-JEE exam in the year of appearing for 12 board exam.

You can appear in IIT-JEE exam next year of your board exam in consecutive manner.

So, you will get two chances to crack the exam..

Go for it..
All the best..

14th November 2011, 06:44 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Eligibility for IIT-JEE Examination:-

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc with 60% in PCM.For SC/ST/PD Candidate, the relaxation is 55%..

2.Age Should be in between 18 years to 25 years.

According to the IIT-JEE eligibility criteria a candidate can appear this examination consecutively two times means if you appear this year if you can give examination this year as well as the next year.

For More Visit:-www.jee.iitd.ac.in/

best of luck

14th November 2011, 06:49 PM
gopi552

as per the rules of iitjee,you can attempt twice.after completing your 12th standard you can write the exam in time span of 12 to 13 years about two times

14th November 2011, 06:56 PM
bhawanirajput89

Dear Friend

then you can get admission in some JEE college on the basis of your JEE-2012 rank.

14th November 2011, 07:48 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

After complete your 12th science then you
eligible to give Engineering entrance exam
There is various type of Exam
IIT
AIEEE
JEE

IIT JEE is only give entrance exam only 2 years
if now you are eligible for 2012 and 2013 exam...........

After that you will not eligible for IIT.

For SC/ST candidate there is special relaxation of government...........

Best of Luck................

16th November 2011, 07:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Yes , You can appear consecutive two times.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IIT-JEE :-

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with physics ,chem and math.

2. You must score 60% above in 12 th.

If you fulfill the above criteria then you are eligible for IIT JEE.

AGE CRITERIA:-

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

IIT JEE SCHEDULE:-

Form availability - 11th November, 2011

Last date for submitting form – 5th December, 2011

Availability of online forms for IIT JEE 2012 – From 11th November 2011 to 10th December 2011

IIT JEE 2012 date – 8th April, 2012 (Sunday)

IIT JEE 2012 Result declaration date – 16th May, 2012

So you are eligible for 2013 IIT JEE EXAM.

Cost of the IIT JEE form-

For GENERAL and OBC-1600
For SC and ST -800

All the best.

5th December 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Dear Friend

Can I apply for iit JEE 2013 and for JEE 2014. I will appear for my 12th cbse board exam in 2012

6th December 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

How many times I can appear for IIT-JEE Exam after completing 12th in 2010..

7th December 2011, 09:40 AM
vilochan
Banned

Quote:
IIT JEE is the most famous engineering entrance examination of the India. As we

know that the IIT is consider as the best institute of India. Every year a large

number of candidates appear in this examination to test their fate but seat is

limited so competition become really hard. If you want to know about the

number of attempt in IIT JEE then here i give you the details information.

Any candidates can appear in IIT JEE only two times once in the appearing of

12th board exam and other in the just next year
. For Example :- If you pass

the 12th examination in the year 2011 then you eligible for IIT JEE in the year

2011 and in 2012. After then you can not seat in the IIT JEE entrance examination.

For details information visit the official website of any IIT.

24th January 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

how many percentae quata for foergion nationals in IIT entrance
Digbijay mishra

24th January 2012, 01:58 PM
gopalkrishna22

You can only apply in 2012 and 2013 iit entrance exam if u are giving your cbse board in 2012.if u are not applying for 2012 iit entrance exams,then u will be missing one chance of applying.therefore i suggest you to work hard from now onwards with full dedication and sincerity.

24th January 2012, 04:58 PM
anlakshmi

Two times you can appear for IIT-JEE. You can apply this year for IIT-JEE exam.
If you qualify IIT-JEE 2012 and also you can pass 12th with at least 60% marks then you can get the admission in some JEE college.

If you qualify IIT-JEE exam 2012 and you don’t have 60% in 12th class then you don’t get the admission.

10th April 2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

if a child score 60% in 12th class then how many numbers added in iit test

27th April 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12 standard in 2012 but have not appeared for iit-jee now can i appear for exam in 2014

1st May 2012, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

please tell me the rules of iit jee exam from 2013?? How many times i appear in iit jee exam and the minimum required percentage in 12th board?

12th May 2012, 11:18 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) conduct a Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) every year for the admission to fill the seats of IIT's.
Educational qualification required is the candidate must complete 12th standard or 10+2 or equivallent from the recognized college or university.
Age limit to apply for the exam is 17 to 25 years.
Official website to apply for the entrance exam is:

http://jee.iitd.ac.in/

Candidates can apply for the IIT-JEE for twice ,the two years must be consequent.so as per your question you can apply for two times.

All the best.............

13th May 2012, 12:32 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I.I.T-J.E.E exam is conducted by I.I.T once in a year.
Friend in I.I.T-J.E.E you have only 2 attempts one while appearing 12th exam and other after passing 12th.

For I.I.T-J.E.E you have to pass 12th with minimum 60% marks from recognized university/ Board.

For more detail log on to http://jee.iitm.ac.in/

GOOD LUCK!

13th May 2012, 01:45 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE-INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION is conducted by IIT for admission to under Graduate B.Tech. engineering course in IITs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with 60% marks(55% marks for SC/ST candidate) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board within the age of 18 to 25 years, is eligible to apply for IIT JEE.

The candidate can get Two opportunities to appear IIT JEE that to for consecutive year that means if the candidate has appear for 12th in the year of 2012 then he or she can appear for IIT JEE for 2012 and 2013.

For more information you may log on to http://www.jee.iitd.ac.in

13th May 2012, 10:16 AM
jinu m george

Smile Re: How many times I can appear for IIT-JEE Exam being a candidate of 12th class?

HI
you can only appear twice in iit jee . you should score 60% in 12th board examination . so systematic study should be done .if you are an average student i will suggest you that bunk an year aand prepare for your iit well . by going through previous year question papers , good books and even can join in any good coaching centre for this . dream well about iit .
ALL THE BEST
THANK YOU
jinu

13th May 2012, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

As per given instruction on website that the maximum age of eligible condidates for iit exam in2013 is 25 years i want to know that my son who is going to appear in twelth cbsc exam 2013 can he avail two cosecutive chances upto the maximum age og m25 years and hewill complete his 17 years in may 2013 and also tell can he appear in entrance exam of iitjee 2013 if he will not found eligible for appearance in this exam will his two chance remain safe infuture

17th May 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my b,tch from nirma university. can i apply for m.tech admission in iit.

3rd June 2012, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Is i can appear in iseet after giving two consicutive exam of iit?

4th June 2012, 09:55 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

You can appear in IIT-JEE exam only two times consecutively.
If you miss second time, you can't give the next time.
So, you have only two chances to crack it.

14th August 2012, 07:40 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

You can appear for IIT - JEE being a candidate of 12th class.

But you are allowed to appear only two consecutive years after passing 12th with a minimum of 60% marks.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

15th August 2012, 12:37 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

Thanks

15th August 2012, 12:38 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

Thanks

15th August 2012, 10:54 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->Eligibility criteria:-

-The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

-The candidate can appear in the joint entrance exam 2 times only that also should be in consecutive years.

-The candiadte who will be giving their final examination of +2 are also eligible to apply.

-Age limit must be between 25 year.

-also you should have physics,chemistry and maths subjects during +2.

-You should have 60% marks atleast.

all the best....go ahead and work hard to get good rank.

15th December 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for iit jee 2014 .ihave completed 12th class in 2012, as there has been change in pattern can i get chance toappear again

25th April 2013, 08:46 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

The eligibility criteria for IIT JEE is you should have scored atleast 60% in your 12th exam.

There are only two attempts available for candidates to write IIT-JEE exam.

One attempt is after finishing your 12th or an year later.

You need to attempt two successive attempts.It means there should not be any gap between these two attempts.

Good luck

6th July 2013, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

i have cleared jeeadv 2013 but not called for councelling but if take admission in any of the nit colleges can i be eligible to write next year jeemain & jeeadv ie in 2014
mit mehta

20th August 2013, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

wil I get another chance to sit in iit exam as I left. my 12th appeared chance of iit exam. because I met a serious. accident

20th August 2013, 10:37 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

IIT-JEE (Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Exam)

**IIT-JEE exam is conducted by IITs.

**Each year one of the IITs acts as the organizing Institute for the overall operation of JEE,for admissions to the Undergraduate Programmes in various engineering disciplines at the prestigious institutes.

1.IIT- JEE Mains

2.IIT- JEE Advanced

Number of attempts:

The number of attempts which a candidate can avial at JEE Main shall be limited to three (3) attempts uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years.

There are some colleges and universities conduct their own entrance exams. In order to know their eligibility criteria, you have to visit and check their official website.

Eligibility for IIT-JEE Mains :-

Candidates should have a valid degree of science stream in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized board/university.

Candidates minimum marks should be 75% in 10+2.

Candidate age should be not be above 25 years.

Eligibility for IIT-JEE Advanced :-

Candidates Ranking in JEE Mains should be under 1.5 Lakhs.

Candidates minimum marks in IIT-JEE Mains should be 85%.

Candidates will only able to apply for this exam,if your marks in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th is above 80%.

23rd August 2013, 06:31 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

IIT-JEE stands for Indian Institute of Technology- Joint Entrance Exam

This exam is conducted by IITs each year one of the IITs acts as the organizing Institute for the overall operation of JEE.

There is two Phases following are:

IIT-JEE mains

IIT JEE Advanced

1.IIT-JEE Mains Eligibility:

Candidate should have complete graduation in science stream (Physcis,chemistry and Mathematics) from a recognized board or University.

Candidate should be secured 75% of marks in 12th standard.

Candidate age should be not be above 25 years.

2.IIT-JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should be secure marks in IIT-JEE Mains should be 85%.

Candidate Ranking in JEE Mains should be under 1.5 Lakhs.

Those 80% of marks 12th with PCM(Physics,chemistry and Mathematics)
then that candidate will only able to apply for this IIT-JEE Advanced exam.

All the best.............

24th August 2013, 04:28 PM
sauravdash

Hello,
Here are the some of the information of your use:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The IIT Council has clearly spelt out the eligibility criteria for students who have given their XII Boards in 2012,for those who are writing betterment in 2013 and for those who are writing their XII boards for the first time in 2013 and for foreign nationals.

For Students who Passed Their Class XII Board Exam in 2012:

The eligibility criteria for joining any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad will be 60% marks in their 12th Board or equivalent (55% for SC/ST/PD candidates).

For Students Who Passed their Class XII Board Exam in 2012 But are Reappearing the Boards in 2013 to Improve their Performance:

1.60% rule will apply if they use their 2012 Board exam results
2.Top 20 percentile’ rule will apply if they use their 2013 Board exam results.
This will be a one-time exception for JEE (Advanced) 2013 only.

For Students Who Give their Class XII Board Exams for First Time in 2013:

It is 'top 20 percentile of the successful candidates' in their Boards, category-wise. This will be a one-time exception for JEE (Advanced) 2013 only.

For Foreign Nationals:

The eligibility criteria based on the qualifying examination shall be 60% aggregate marks.

For Students whose Qualifying Examination is not in the list given by the IIT council

Students of that type of examination have to provide a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, stating that the diploma/certificate received is equivalent to the 10+2 system of Indian Boards,at the time submitting the application form.
Good luck!!
Thanks!!!

24th August 2013, 09:41 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Hi,

If you want to apply for IITJEE, then I would suggest that you should sit for the exam, only after you think you have prepared well because You can only appear for two times consecutively for IITJEE exam.

IIT –JEE – Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Entrance Exam

To be eligible for IIT – JEE---

You should have done 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths with 60% aggregate marks.

Final Year students can also apply.

Books for preparation of IITJEE~~

IIT Chemistry
By O P Agarwal

Concepts of Physics Vol I and II
By H C Verma

IIT JEE Physics Notebook

Higher Secondary Physics – Part I and II

Higher Algebra
By Bernard and Child

Higher Algebra
By Hall and Knight

A problem book in Mathematical Analysis
By G N Berman

Maths XI and XII
By R S Agarwal

2nd May 2014, 06:49 AM
Unregistered

I am appearing in class 12 first time and i decided to take a drop after 12, then how many times i will be eligible to iit exam???

16th May 2014, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my 12 in 2013and i was appeared for jee mains and i score very less and then i drop one year and then i get 103 marks in jee mains .can i get admission to an niit? and i am planning to drop one year again .can i ?? sir plz.... reply urgently

10th January 2015, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir,due to some reason i have left my 12 board exams. Sir Can I appear in IIT jee exams twice after clearing 12 this year.

30th June 2016, 04:35 PM
kavya bv
Member+

Quote:
after your first attempt in class 12 for jee ,you can write for 1 more attempt.. also that means you are eligible to write for 2 consecutive years ... And if you are sure that you have not prepared in class 12 ,then its better for you not to apply for exam in same year... you have to sit for exam only after preparation..

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?