14th July 2010, 08:10 AM
haritha reddy

How much marks should i get in gate to br placed in iit or in any good university?

how much marks should i get in gate to placed in iit or in any university??? and how to prepare??

Related Questions:
  1. How much marks should I score in GATE to get admission in IIT? Tips for self preparation?
  2. How much marks should i get in gate to br placed in iit or in any good university?
  3. Mtech admission 2010 based on GATE score? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Minimum percentage required in B.tech to M.Tech in IIT after scoring good in GATE?
  5. How much marks are required in B.Tech to enter into IIT?
  6. Can I get NIT or IIT for PG after getting good marks in GATE
  7. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT?
  8. Cutoff marks required in GATE to study M.Tech(Biotechnology) in IIT-Delhi?
  9. Can I get admission in any IIT or University having scored 33 marks in GATE Exam and with a rank of 18574 being a candidate from BC category?
  10. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?
  11. Guidance for entry into bioinformatics field?
  12. Post graduation in Architecture can be done after B.E. in Civil? Preferable post graduate degree?
  13. What do I have to do after 12th to become an Astronaut?
  14. How should I prepare for GATE? I have scored 55 marks in GATE
  15. Cutoff marks for various IIT and NITs(GATE)?
  16. Possibility to study M.Tech in IIT, NIT or Cochin University for ECE candidate with 393 marks in GATE? -- [New]
  17. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in IISC or IIT? List of institutes for a candidate who has scored 350 marks in GATE?
  18. Can I get admission in IIT if scored 46 marks in GATE?
16th July 2010, 12:53 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: How much marks should i get in gate to br placed in iit or in any good university?

yes,good question.
to get seat in iit:-
you should get above 96% marks in gate exam
to get seat in good university:-
you should get above 80% marks in gate exam
"1.be prepare well from first year.
2.this make you easy to attemp gate exam without tension
3.write exam in third year and fourth year also

all the best....
17th July 2010, 12:05 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How much marks should i get in gate to br placed in iit or in any good university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haritha reddy View Post
how much marks should i get in gate to placed in iit or in any university??? and how to prepare??

Well for getting direct admisssionn M.Tech as a General Candidate you have to score at least 630+ in GATE and must have also at least 96% Percentile in GATE.

Where as if you are scoring less then that say 560+ then you will be placed in waiting list and will be called for an Interview, if you ablr to pass it then you can expect admission.

Where as if you are scoring 500+ then you can expect admission in MS degree.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
17th July 2010, 12:11 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How much marks should i get in gate to br placed in iit or in any good university?

Hello friend,

To get seat in prestigious IITs or NITs, you have to score 500+ marks with 95% percentile.

For the preparation: it always takes hard work to crack GATE because as days are passing by competition is getting much harder.

Most of the graduate engineers want to excel more in their respective subjects by completing the Master's degree through cracking GATE.

Primarily, just make your concepts fine and sound in the areas of the syllabus in which you are strong, after that get grip over other areas of the syllabus.

Take some time to solve previous year papers and see how much time you are taking to solve each question and gradually improve the time rate.

I think now you have got a somehow primary idea of the preparation.

All the best!
17th July 2010, 12:16 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

To get seat in prestigious IITs or NITs, you have to score 500+ marks with 95% percentile.

For the preparation: it always takes hard work to crack GATE because as days are passing by competition is getting much harder.

Most of the graduate engineers want to excel more in their respective subjects by completing the Master's degree through cracking GATE.

Primarily, just make your concepts fine and sound in the areas of the syllabus in which you are strong, after that get grip over other areas of the syllabus.

Take some time to solve previous year papers and see how much time you are taking to solve each question and gradually improve the time rate.

I think now you have got a somehow primary idea of the preparation.

All the best!
17th July 2010, 12:19 AM
kalyansonu5

hmmhmh...well it matters for wat course u want to get in for iit or in for a gud university.....
if u want to go for b.tech surely u should get above 75% in ur +2 xams....not actuly needed but it gives a better impression....any how u have to crack the entrance xams conduted by iit's or by various centralized universities....this is the most important thing of.....all.....ne wayz al d best
17th July 2010, 12:27 AM
shamil

Hi Haritha
For getting direct M.Tech admisssion as a General Candidate you have to score atleast 95 percentile to get into top universities.
17th July 2010, 12:39 AM
happy to help

U must take 96 % in your gate exam
u have to score above 700+ in your M.tech paper
then u will surely get admission

The link can be worth while read for following areas of GATE preparation.

- Basics: What is GATE exam all about?
- How does one prepare for GATE, specifically GATE 2010
- Advice in improving GATE results
- Series of Interviews by previous GATE exam toppers

http://www.gateforum.com/articles_on_GATE.php
17th July 2010, 01:13 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi.......
as you want to take admission in the best colleges of you have to perform very well in the gate exam and your gate percentile should be more than 95 ,then only you can get the best college like iit.
17th July 2010, 02:18 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you have to score 500+ marks with 95% percentile.For the preparation: it always takes hard work to crack GATE because as days are passing by competition is getting much harder.Most of the graduate engineers want to excel more in their respective subjects by completing the Master's degree through cracking GATE.Primarily, just make your concepts fine and sound in the areas of the syllabus in which you are strong, after that get grip over other areas of the syllabus.
17th July 2010, 02:10 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
You must score a minimum of 95% mark in the gate exam in order to gt into iit in good universities. Some of the good IIT colleges are:
IIT-roukela
IIT,Mumbai
IIT-Kanpur
IIT-Guwahati
IIT-Bangalore
17th July 2010, 02:11 PM
sharad3010

Thumbs up Re: How much marks should i get in gate to br placed in iit or in any good university?

Well for getting direct admisssionn M.Tech as a General Candidate you have to score at least 650+ in GATE and must have also at least above 97% Percentile in GATE.

Where as if you are scoring less then that say 550+ then you will be placed in waiting list and will be called for an Interview, if you r able to pass it then you can expect admission.

so gear up and try to score 650+
29th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
GATE is a very important as well as a toughest exam in M.Tech.
for this exam you have to study properly ,as you are interested to take admission in IIT or any other good university.

for IIT in general you have to score more than 95%,
otherwise there are so many good colleges/university like Jadavpur university,Bardwan University etc... to take admission in those colleges you have to score more than 92% in GATE.

Good luck.
30th August 2010, 12:33 AM
Senior Member+++

Dear you must score above 95 percentile to get placed in IIT or top of the institutions
if your score is below the prescribed limit then u will be in waiting list

Best of luck
30th August 2010, 10:36 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
GATE is the entrance exam conducted by IIT for admission into m.tech courses.to get into IIT or any other reputed institute you need to score 50-60% marks in gate and need a percentile above 95 to get into IIT.so do work hard for the exam.
Wish you All The Best!!!!
31st August 2010, 11:02 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

for getting in to the iits, you must have score atleast more than the 96 % .

for nit it seemed 88% .

and then for other univresity.
15th September 2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

topmost Coaching center for gate
16th September 2010, 01:15 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
topmost Coaching center for gate

Followings are India's TOP GATE coaching Centres:-

VIET, Hydrabad.
Website- http://www.vaniinstitute.com/index.html

ACE Engineering Academy, Hydrabad.
Website- www.gateguru.org

R.R.Gate Institute, Hydrabad.
Website- http://www.rrgatecoaching.com

Vidyalankar, Maharashtra.
Website- http://www.vidyalankar.org/index.asp
16th September 2010, 01:57 AM
Mathur.

To get admission in any IIT or any other good institute you must score 94% percentile.
16th September 2010, 01:58 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

now marks really dont matter in gate exam...because its is now calculated on percentile basis,...you have to be thorough with the courses of your branch and learn to crack questions as early as possible...you need to concentrate on apptitude and mathematics too to get a good score in GATe..very high markd are reqired to get in a good IIT..I know if you work hard..you can easily crack it s it is not that difficult...good luck !!
16th September 2010, 09:09 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,

The cut off of GATE for admission in M.Tech vary every year.

But from the result of GATE2010 cut off i am giving you some information.

For admission in IITs like IIT,Delhi,IIT Mumbai,IIT Kanpur through GATE, you have to secure the GATE score more than 720.

But other IITs like IIT Roorkii,IIT Guwahati if you score 650 in GATE, then you can take admission in these IITs.

good luck.
16th September 2010, 11:09 AM
noproblem

You must get above 95 percentile in GATE exam to get direct admission in M.Tech

If you score less than required then you would be in waiting list & called for an interview

All the best
16th September 2010, 04:12 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by haritha reddy View Post

GATE means Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted every year to select the briliants for giving them chance of study M.Tech in IITs,NITs and other govt. colleges.

To place yourself up into IITs through GATE you have to score minimum 95 percentile and above as no. of seats in the IITs are really limited than others.

IITs take their students for mtech program on the basis of the following :-

Score = (0.35) GATE score + (0.15) 8 sems Engineering % + (0.1) 10+2th % + (0.1) 10th %

This score has :-
70% of admission judgment (0.35 + 0.15 + 0.1 + 0.1 = 0.7)
10% is for written test and
20% weight is given to interview.

So,to go for mtech in IITs you have do the following things :-
1) Prepare well and score good in GATE. For preparation you can refer following :-
a) Books :- Satya Publications , Gate forum study material, Previous year question paper etc.
b) You can visit :- http:// www.onestopgate.com
http://www.gate2011.com
2) Score well in your engineering semesters.
3) Prepare for the interview questions of iit.

For other govt. institutes you have to score more than 90 percentile in GATE.
16th September 2010, 04:56 PM
Harshita21

for Admission in M.tech in IIT or NIT
there are two basic percentiles

1. you need atleast 97 percentile in your GATE for IIT in general Quota

2. you need atleast 95 percentile in your GATE for NIT in general Quota
16th September 2010, 06:39 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

GATE is one of the toughest exams. You need to have thorough knowledge on all the technical areas of your branch. You can get the previous year question papers of GATE and prepare on the basis of that. After all, you need to prepare well and appear without any tension. You need to have 650+ marks for your previous year and 95% above to get direct admission. If you have scored above 550, then there is a chance of being waiting listed.
20th February 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

my gate score is 468 and i belong to sc category ,is there any chance of geting any iit seat in cse?
16th March 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I have secured a 95.25 percentile in GATE 2011 in the Biotechnology Stream. My undergraduate aggregate till the seventh semester of B.E in Biotechnology has been around 69%. Do I stand a chance of securing admission into the IITs with such a score? Please help.
29th March 2012, 07:21 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Well for getting direct admisssionn M.Tech as a General Candidate you have to score at least 630+ in GATE and must have also at least 96% Percentile in GATE.

Where as if you are scoring less then that say 560+ then you will be placed in waiting list and will be called for an Interview, if you ablr to pass it then you can expect admission.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?