13th March 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage is allowed to take admission in Law? I am interested to become a Lawyer

how many percentage is allowed to take admission in law.??
am intrested in law and want to be a lawyer..
now am in +2 commerce..

16th March 2012, 06:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage is allowed to take admission in Law? I am interested to become a Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how many percentage is allowed to take admission in law.??
am intrested in law and want to be a lawyer..
now am in +2 commerce..
In order to pursue Bachelors Degree program in Law after qualifying higher secondary level of examination, you may write Common Law Admission Test conducted jointly by 14 National Law Universities of India, under the regulation of Bar Council of India.
To be considered eligible for test, one must have scored a minimum of 50% in the higher secondary level of examination and must not be over 20 years of age.
The percentage of marks is relaxed upto 5% and the age limit is relaxed upto 2 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.

The universities participating in the test are as follows:

National Law School of India University-Bangalore
NALSAR University of Law-Hyderabad
National Law Institute University-Bhopal
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences-Kolkata
National Law University-Jodhpur
Hidayatullah National Law University-Raipur
Gujarat National Law University-Gandhinagar
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University-Lucknow
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law-Patiala
Chanakya National Law University-Patna
National University of Advanced Legal Studies-Kochi
National Law University-Orissa
National University of Study & Research in Law-Ranchi
National Law University & Judicial Academy- Assam

Apart from this, you may also apply for other law colleges and in order to be eligible for most of them, 50% in higher secondary level is required and will need to qualify entrance examination conducted by each of them separately.
Which ever institute you select to pursue the course from, make sure that it is recognized by Bar Council of India. The recognition of Bar Council of India is mandatory to be eligible to enroll as an advocate and practice in the court of law.
2nd April 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much percentage is allowed to take admission in Law? I am interested to become a Lawyer

respected sir/madam
I am studying in final semester B.com due to some reason i had discontinued my studies now again i am on track i am very much interested in studying law and to be a lawyer but i am 25yrs old i am not exactly getting age limit for taking admission please can you help me because i believe in giving service to the public then earning more money plz help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?