15th September 2016, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

How a Nepali wife can get Indian citizenship after marrying an Indian?

HI, My wife is a Nepali from Nepal ND we have child who is now 5 yrs 5 month. Already 3/4 times she is applying for Indian citizenship but no positive result in our favour still today and my wife never go back to Nepal for given her vote last 9 yrs. So can you tell me what we do or not to do write now please......

15th September 2016, 09:13 PM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: How a Nepali wife can get Indian citizenship after marrying an Indian?

For a foreigner to get an Indian citizenship after marrying an Indian, the foreigner must have lived in India for a minimum of 7 years before/after his/her marriage.
You say that your wife has not gone to Nepal for the last 9 years.
If she has lived in India for at least 7 of those 9 years then she is eligible to get an Indian citizenship.
I must also include that this 7 years of living in India must in total be a period lived with a permanent working visa.Any number of weeks, months or years lived in India on a travel visa must be excluded.
Do apply again and with the right documents, take a consultants help if possible someone who actually knows how to do this job.
I am sure your work will get done in the near future.
22nd October 2018, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How a Nepali wife can get Indian citizenship after marrying an Indian?

What to do if My mother is from Nepal and she married to indian and she stay in India more than 20 years so how will she get Indian passport, even she has all proof like andhar card, pan card but due birth certificate,passport is not happening ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?