22nd September 2012, 06:45 PM
Dr Dipshikha Das

Required Eligibility criteria for CDS Exam being a candidate having completed BDS in the year 2012?

Myself Dr Dipshikha Das have completed BDS in 2012, m I eligible for this?
eligibility for CDS exam

2nd October 2012, 12:00 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Eligibility criteria for CDS Exam being a candidate having completed BDS in the year 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dipshikha Das View Post
eligibility for CDS exam
CDSE stands for Combined Defense Service Exams, you have to finish degree to write CDSE exams, if you have completed your 3 year degree course from a recognised university in any discipline then you are eligible for this examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, two times in a year and girls are only choose OTA(Officer's Training Academy) as Preference at the time of filling online application form.

The notification of Next year CDS(I) examination is going to be published soon in the month of November this year, the dates already updated in the official website.

For OTA Academy, you must have any degree from any recognized University.

Your age should between 19 to 25 years to apply for this examination. You have to apply only through online and Online Application form consists of 2 parts that have to filled in separately. You are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100 Except Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.

Before start filling up Online Application, you must have your photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less then 3 KB in size.

Make sure that there is no offline application form is available for any candidates, you have to fill the application form online from the official website.

The selection criteria is not easy, you have to appear for the written test first, and the examination is objective with negative marking, if you cracked the written test then you are eligible for SSB interview.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for CDSE Examination, Please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern, only then you will be able to cracked this examination.

upsc.gov.in

Exam Pattern:

2nd October 2012, 04:07 PM
Ravinder.Singh.Jasrotia

Default Re: Required Eligibility criteria for CDS Exam being a candidate having completed BDS in the year 2012?

Friend,

-- CDS Exam stands for Combined Defence Service Exam.

-- The required eligibility criteria for CDS Exam is as follow:

# Candidate must be citizen of India.
# Must be in the age limit of 19-25 years.
# Must have a degree in any discipline.
# Must be physically and medically fit.

-- CDS Exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

-- Scheme of recruitment process:
* Written exam of objective type
* SSB Interview
* PET and Medical Examination.
17th November 2012, 08:47 PM
DASHARD

The CDS exam is conducted for entrance into the defence after graduation.
this exam is conducted by UPSC two times a year.

through this exam one can join-
1>Indian Army
2>Indian Navy
3>Indian Air-force.

the eligibility criterion of this exam is given below-

CITIZENSHIP:-
You should have Indian citizenship.

AGE LIMIT:-
Your age should be in the age group of-
19 to 24 years for Army.
19 to 23 years for Air-Force.
19 to 23 years for Navy.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:-
You should have a Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized institute.

for more information you can visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
14th December 2012, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

is there any age relaxation for SC/ST candidates in CDS?
18th December 2012, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

I am Bsc hm student after complete my bsc hm can I give cbs exam
23rd March 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i had a question that whats the minimum
percentage we need to eligible?
23rd March 2013, 06:41 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is there any age relaxation for SC/ST candidates in CDS?
There is no Age relaxations for any candidates who appears in the CDS exams.

CDS exams are held for:
IMA
OTA
Navy
Airforce

Age limits to apply for the CDS exams are:
NAVY - Between 19- 22 years
AIR FORCE - Between 19- 23 years
IMA- Between 19- 24 years
OTA Between 19- 25 years
23rd March 2013, 10:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no percentage limit mentioned in the CDSE notification means you just need to be pass Graduate if you want to apply for it.

CDSE is Combined Defence Services Examination conducted by UPSC.

You must have a Graduation degree from a recognised University.

For Indian Air Force and Navy you must have Graduation in Physics or Maths.

Age Criteria for CDS Exam:

Indian Air Force Academy- 19 to 23 years

Indian Naval Academy- 19 to 22 years

Indian Military Academy- 19 to 24 years

Officers Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

Examination Pattern:

-Written Exam

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th March 2013, 02:03 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dipshikha Das View Post
eligibility for CDS exam
Yes you are eligible to sit for the CDS Examination. The eligibility criteria and other details have been discussed below. Please take a look.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This examination which is conducted by the UPSC can be given twice a year. By giving this exam you can enter the following academies:
  • Air Force Academy
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Officer's Training Academy

Educational Qualifications:-

-Air Force: You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics and mathematics. You can also get a B.Tech degree of four years' duration.

-Indian Military: You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

-Naval Academy: You need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or you can also get a B.Tech degree in Engineering.

-Officer's Training Academy: You need to complete graduation in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

Age Limit:-

-Air Force: 19-23 years.
-Indian Military: 19-24 years.
-Naval Academy: 19-22 years.
-Officer's Training Academy: 19-25 years.

Examination Pattern:-

-For IMA, NA & AFA: There will be three paper and for each paper 100 marks have been allotted. From each section 120 questions will be asked and time limit for each paper is two hours. Questions will be asked from the following sections: English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.

-For OTA: There will be two papers for each paper 100 marks have been allotted. From each section 120 questions will be asked and time limit for each paper is two hours. Questions will be asked from the following sections: English and General Knowledge.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?