20th November 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for CDS exam with board studies?

I am in class 11 science. I want 2 give the cds exam. But i have no idea on how to prepare for it along with the board studies. Please help me.

21st November 2015, 12:22 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for CDS exam with board studies?

Focus on your board study and follow the below tips for preparing CDS exam.

TIPS :::::::::>>>>>>>>>>

:: Focus on topics like trigonometry, geometry & number system.

:: Read newspaper and note down important activities. Maintain a diary/copy for this.

:: Buy CDS practice books and practice it daily.

:: Learn some important historical events mentioned in lucent etc.

Reference material :::::::::>>>>>>>>

:: DS Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers of CDS Mathematics/ English/ General AbilityPB 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arihant Experts

:: CDS Combined Defence Services Examination Practice Papers (Paperback) by Jha Y N
21st November 2015, 08:40 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for CDS exam with board studies?

# You are presently in the 11th standard. You want to start your preparation for the reputed CDS Examination. It is the high time to start the preparation with proper strategy.

# Please note down the following tips and general information while preparing the CDS Examination:

* First of all, you are required to make thorough study of the general syllabus prescribed for CDS Examination.

* Please note down pattern of written test of CDS Examination:

= General Studies (100 marks)
= English Language (100 marks)
= Quantitative Aptitude (100 marks)

* In order to perform well in English section, you have to work more on English language. You have to make special study of grammar, English language comprehension, antonyms, synonyms, use of preposition etc. You should read any English newspaper daily as it helps in improving your vocabulary.

* For the preparation of General Studies section, you are required to read following daily:

= Any national level newspaper
= Arihant's General Studies
= Lucent's General Studies

* Quantitative Aptitude or mathematics is most crucial and scoring section of the examination, if prepared well. To perform well in this section, you should have to study daily and regularly. You may refer following books in this regard:

= Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
= Quicker Maths by M. Tyra

# After successfully qualifying the written test of CDS Examination, you will be called for SSB Interview. Here you have to undergo through following test/interview:

= Personal Interview
= Picture Perception Test
= Psychological Test
= Group Discussion

# In order to perform well in the SSB Interview, you are required to do followings:

* Improve your communication skill.
* Develop team spirit and leadership quality.
* It is desirable that you should be able to speak English fluently.
* You should behave and act as an army officer.
* You should have logical and clear views regarding national and international events.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?