16th February 2013, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for competitive exam in civil engineering?

how to prepare competative examination in civil engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Are there any extra courses/competitive exams/extra academics that I have to prepare for while or after Civil Engineering Degree?
  2. How should I prepare for competitive exam after doing MSc physics? Books and coaching for the same? -- [New]
  3. How can a candidate prepare for AIPMT Exam and other competitive exams?
  4. For which university am I eligible after scoring 58% in B.Tech and 67% in 10th
  5. What is the scope for girls in Indian Air Force and Navy?
  6. List of competitive books for exams like SAIL MTT, BHEL, NPTI? Is RK Jain the best book? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How should I prepare for Civil Service exam? I am a engineering graduate student in computers
  8. How to prepare for government job in civil engineering?
  9. Can I prepare for civil services exam after doing engineering first year?
  10. Which study material should I refer for GATE Civil Engineering? Last 10 years question papers of the GATE exam for Civil Engineering Students?
  11. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  12. How to prepare for Pharmacist competitive Exams for various Jobs in Government sector?
  13. How to prepare for IAS exam for 2nd year Civil engineering student? When to start preparing?
  14. Which subjects to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of final year B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  15. Can I prepare for civil services after B.Tech in Agriculture engineering?
  16. How should I prepare for SSC JR exam? I have completed diploma in civil engineering
  17. How can I prepare for AE entrance exam? I have completed civil engineering
  18. Which are the competitive exams for civil engineering?
30th November 2016, 09:48 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for competitive exam in civil engineering?

There are two types of competitive examinations for Civil, first one is technical competitive exam and other is non technical competitive exams. Your technical exams includes exams like GATE exam for PSU jobs, RRB technical exams for engineers etc. If you want to get job in technical field then you need to work on your technical subjects which you have studied in engineering.

In technical competitive exams, multiple choice questions are asked from technical subjects and aptitude. Your basic concepts in technical subjects must be clear then only you will be able to clear technical exams. In case of general competitive exams like Civil Services exam or SSC CGL etc, you need to work on general studies along with aptitude. Practice and self study is key to excel in any competitive exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?