26th January 2013, 03:55 PM
thirunagari keerthi

Can I prepare for civil services exam after doing engineering first year?

I am doing my engineering first year.Can i prepare for the civil services exams while doing a job? Is that allowed? If so, how can i plan it?

3rd June 2013, 04:32 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I prepare for civil services exam after doing engineering first year?

Dear candidate,
yes you can prepare for civil service exam from 1st year onward but you are able to give these exam after graduation only.
These exam is the third toughest exam in world so it's require atleast one year preparation.
These exam consist of two exam:
1>preliminary exam
2>Mains exam

1>preliminary exam consist of two paper(objective type):
a)paper1: general knowledge
b)paper2: general aptitude
2>Mains exam consist of 5 papers(subjective type):
a)PAPER-I: Section 1 Essay-200 Marks
Section 2 English Comprehension & English Précis-100 Marks
b)PAPER-II: General Studies- I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society-250 Marks
c)PAPER-III: General Studies- II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations-250 Marks
d)PAPER-IV: General Studies-III: Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management-250 marks
e)PAPER-V: General Studies- IV: Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude-250 Marks
f)PAPER-VI & PAPER VII: Optional Subject Papers I & II-250 Marks Each

Personality Test- 275 Marks

thanks
27th August 2013, 05:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for civil services exam after doing engineering first year?

You need to complete graduation to apply for civil services. Preparations for the exam can be done from the first year of engineering. It can be started after understanding the exam pattern and syllabus in detail. Topics on aptitude, Indian History, Geography, Constitution, and social and economic development, etc are asked for prelims. For mains, you have to prepare on English language, general studies, and optional subject.
28th August 2013, 09:11 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you are interested for Civil Service Exam, you can start your preparation accordingly along with your regular B.Tech. studies from 1st year as Civil Service Exam is very tough and competitive.

Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year to become IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc. officer.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

So being a student of Engineering pursing 1st year of B.Tech., you can start your preparation for Civil Service Exam but after B.Tech. Degree you will be eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?