18th December 2012, 01:10 PM
bhukyasaida

How to prepare for GATE exam with EEE?

how to prepare gate exam with EEE students...and which subject is most important

31st December 2012, 03:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE exam with EEE?

Engineering degree holders as well as final year B.Tech students can apply for GATE exam. Syllabus for the exam comprises questions on engineering mathematics and topics covered under the concerned B.Tech discipline. In engineering mathematics section, questions will be asked from topics like Algebra, Calculus, Probability and Statistics and numerical methods. Electric circuits, electrical machines, power systems, etc will be asked for subject based section. Detailed syllabus will be collected from GATE prospectus. After collecting syllabus, prepare a convenient time table. Use reference books and practice previous year question papers for exam preparation.
31st December 2012, 11:03 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for GATE exam with EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhukyasaida View Post
how to prepare gate exam with EEE students...and which subject is most important

How To Prepare For GATE EEE

Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted for admissions to M.Tech in IITs, BITS, IISc and some of the prominent PSUs (Public Sector Units)

Candidates can appear for the GATE Exam only if :-

>> The candidate is a final year candidate of B.Tech/B.E. or must have already completed the course..

>> candidates from final year of Dual Degree and M.Sc. can also appear for GATE

Note :- Pre-final year candidates are not eligible for appearing for GATE..

You can refer to the following books for your preparations :-

You can Click Here for more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
23rd May 2013, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am studying now 3rd year eee.Plz tell how to prepare for gate?????
19th August 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate exam with eee?

sir i'm studying now 2nd year eee. please tell me how to prepare and how to score good marks in gate
16th September 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

in eee,whch topics to concentrata more?
21st September 2013, 01:17 PM
mahesh7161

GATE is not at all the mugging up the end results (formulae) and directly applying them; instead, you need to know the principle in the derivation of those end results because in most of the cases the questions are based on the basic principle involved in the derivation, or the case where they may ask the behavior of the system under some other conditions or simple application of that result. So at all GATE is an exam that tests you on your fundamentals.

Here are some important topics (with recommended books) for electrical which can be covered in 15-20 days and covers 50-70% of GATE exam questions

Power system:Cables, String efficiency, Symmetrical components, Distance relays, CB ratings, Swing equation, Basic stability concept, Admittance matrix (J.B.Gupta)

Machine:Transformer-phasor diagram, parallel operation,Starters, Induction machine -speed control and starting, Sharing of load, Numericals (B.L. Thareja)

Measurement:Bridges, CRO, Current transformer (A.K.Sawhney)

Electronics: Op-amp, Microprocessor instructions, Sequential circuits (Morris Mano, Anil swarnkar)

Power electronics:Clipper, Clamper, Characteristics of thyristor, Voltage commutated chopper, 180o and 120o mode of inverter (P.S.Bhimbhra)

Signal and systems-Invariant and causal systems, Fourier series and Laplace transform (Schaum series)

Control system-cover each and every topic (Nagrath and Gopal)

Engineering Mathematics:Made easy publication (no need of any other book for mathematics)

GATE solved papers:Made Easy publication

Objective book for GATE electrical:R.K.Kanodia

Hope This Help

Good Luck
29th October 2013, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

sir now i am final year student....still now i dont take any steps for gate.........how i preper hereafter?
23rd December 2013, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

what is the weitage of marks ?
9th February 2014, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

sir i have gk pubications book for preparation for gate.. Is it sufficient and helpful for me??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?