29th October 2016, 03:43 PM
R131552

How to prepare for IAS exam while pursuing Electrical Engineering?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing Electrical Engineering and I want to prepare for IAS exam? I want to know how can I prepare for IAS exam so that I can qualify the exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  3. Books to be referred for electrical engineering? I am pursuing B.E in electrical engineering
  4. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am an electrical engineer
  6. How to become an IAS while pursuing B.tech in Electrical engineering
  7. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  8. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  9. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?
  10. How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?
  11. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in HR specialization?
  12. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  13. Which subjects should an Electrical Engineer choose for IAS exam? Will electrical engineering and zoology be helpful for me as mains paper?
  14. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  15. How to prepare for IAS Exam and how to improve English language being a candidate of pursuing Mechanical Engineering?
  16. What should I do to prepare for GRE being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of Electrical Engineering?
  17. How to prepare for Civil IAS after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  18. How to become an IAS officer after doing electrical engineering
30th October 2016, 04:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam while pursuing Electrical Engineering?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. Candidates who want to join Indian Administrative Service must clear all stages of Civil Services examination. There are three stages of this examination:

>>Preliminary Examination.

>>Mains Examination.

>>Personal Interview.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree from a recognized university can also apply for examination.

>>The age limit for examination is 21-32 years. There is three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Preparation strategy for Civil Services examination:

>>In first step of preparation, go through NCERT books of History, Geography, Political Science and Economics from standard 6th to 10+2. Complete all these books not through rote learning but through understanding.

>>Once you are done with all these books, you can move to standard books of these subjects. Second option for you to join coaching institute in third year of engineering. Generally coaching is of 9-12 months, they will teach you about contemporary issues. Select optional subject as per your interest.

>>In final year of engineering, you can revise all those things which you have read in last two years and then apply for examination.
30th October 2016, 05:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam while pursuing Electrical Engineering?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and the recruitment as an Officer is offered only after qualifying in the Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is among the toughest and so it requires better preparation to qualify in the examination.

As, you are pursuing in bachelor degree from now if you will start the preparation for the examination as according to syllabus for examination and go though English newspaper, Current Affairs and focus on your writing skills you will definitely qualify in the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?