4th March 2011, 11:25 PM
priyankacharann

How to prepare for IAS exam while working in Government Bank?

how should i prepare for IAS exams ?if i am already working in a government bank,but wants to be an ias officer ,and i have just finished my graduation.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for the IAS entrance exam while working in an MNC?
  2. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am an electrical engineer
  3. How should I prepare for IAS exam? I am a Hotel Management student
  4. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am from science background
  5. How should I prepare for government job after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  6. Which Government Jobs is best suitable for me being a candidate having completed MCA and working as Developer in TCS since 1.2 years?
  7. Can I get Government job at the age of 30 while working with HSBC Bank?
  8. How to prepare for IAS entrance examination? I am from science background
  9. How should I prepare for IAS exam after completing my degree
  10. Best books to prepare for IAS, IPS? How to prepare for Bank Examinations?
  11. How many times am I eligible for IAS prelims exam? What will I do to prepare for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which are the appropriate subjects for IAS Exam? How to prepare for IAS Exam?
  13. How should I prepare for Bank PO exam after completing graduation in BSc Computers and while working in WIPRO? Which is a good study material?
  14. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Book to be referred for the same?
  15. How can a candidate prepare for IAS exam without any expense?
  16. How may I get study materials for RBI assistant exam? I'm working in public sector bank at clerk post
  17. What exams I can give after completing MBA in E-Commerce?
  18. What should I do now having interest in IAS being a candidate working an Banking sector and with an age of 29 years and 6 months?
5th March 2011, 12:27 AM
mishra245

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam?

Some tips for exam:
1. G.K. will definitely pay in your prelims. Reading newspapers, watching TV news and of course quiz shows like KBC is a must.

2. If you have been lucky enough to reach the interview stage book knowledge may not be the only thing you need. Your mental alertness will count as they ask you questions like “How many steps did you walk up to reach here?” or “ What is the colour of the wall behind you ?” - So be prepared.

3. Enhance your personality because it will definitely be one of the criteria for selection. For IPS physical wellbeing is of great importance, you should be medically fit.

4. Improve your communication skills. IFS aspirants must be proficient in at least one foreign language. So go ahead, have your say in this political mess of our country and try to make it a better place.
5th March 2011, 05:18 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There have some changed made in the preliminary exam. It is now called the CSAT exam. You need to prepare for the General Awareness section and also for the Aptitude section. For the first section you need build up your knowledge by vast reading. In the other section you need to practice the different types of problem. You must make it a point to devote some amount of time for this.
5th March 2011, 07:47 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hello friend,
It is a good thought, but as you are telling that you are a employee in bank then you have almost 9-5 duty.
but you can prepare yourself for IAS exam .

At first make a schulde of your daily work that can give you an idea about rest time that you have.

Now, make a routine for study.

please read the news paper everymorning.
5th March 2011, 08:38 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyankacharann View Post
how should i prepare for IAS exams ?if i am already working in a government bank,but wants to be an ias officer ,and i have just finished my graduation.

How to prepare for IAS exam?

Before starting the preparation for civil service Examination you have to understand the syllabus better and from 2011 onwards the syllabus for Prelims has changed.And According to the syllabus make your strategy and work according to your strategy.According to me the Best way to start is from Basics i.e. NCERT Books of Class 6th to Class 12th.
For Mental Ability follow - R.s.Agarwal.
For Current Affairs - Thorough with newspaper readings of atleast one year back from the date of exam.
For General Knowledge - Any year book
And Every month must read the magazine pratiyogita darpan's.
And lastly try to solve some previous year papers so that you will feel confident.

I have attached the revised syllabus and revised model question papers and UPSC notification for 2011.please find the attachment.

Regards:-
khanddn
5th March 2011, 09:06 AM
Arvi.S

About Preliminary Exam preparation,
- one paper is optional i.e. your choice
- One paper is compulsory i.e. General Studies.

- Now i will tell you how to prepare for General Studies(GS) paper.
- if one wants to have command over GS, then he has to prepare 8 major area i.e.
History
Geography
Polity
Science
Economy
Mental Abiltiy
Current Affairs
General Knowledge.

- For all the above topics, best way to start is from Basics i.e. NCERT Books of Class 6th to Class 12th.
- For History - NCERT + Spectrums Modern India
- Geography - NCERT + GoCheng leong + a good atlas like orient longman/oxford.
- Polity - NCERT + any good guide book like laxmikanth's indian polity/ Jojo mathews's Indian constitution and polity.
- Science - i think Ncert class 6th to class 12th is more than enough.
- Economy - NCERT class 11th and 12th + pratiyogita darpan's special issue on indian economy + Read and make notes of newspaper about current economy.
- Mental Ability - R.s.Agarwal.
- Current Affairs - one has to be thorough with newspaper readings of atleast one year back from the date of exam.
- General Knowledge - India year book + Manorama year book or Chronicle year book.

- if one is thorough with the above topics from the above materials, then he/she will definitely crack this exam easily.

Subjects for Preliminary Examination:
paper I - The General Studies paper is compulsory.

Subjects for Paper II (one subject to be selected) -
1.Agriculture,
2.Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science,
3.Botany,
4.Chemistry,
5.Civil Engineering,
6.Commerce,
7.Economics,
8.Electrical Engineering,
9.Geography,
10.Geology,
11.Indian History,
12.Law,
13.Mathematics,
14.Mechanical Engineering,
15.Medical Science,
16.Philosophy,
17.Physics,
18.Political Science,
19.Psychology,
20.Public Administration,
21.Sociology,
22.Statistics,
23.Zoology.

You have to choose any one subject from the above list. You can opt to any subject, it entirely depends on your interest and some little knowledge about any subject.

Its not necessary that you should take only technical subjects, here you can opt to arts/humanities subject or medical science or Science/technical subjects. But ultimately it depends on your interest.
5th March 2011, 09:07 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility for UPSC IAS exam: -

1. Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institute / university.
2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.
3. Nationality - Indian

Prepare following subject for IAS exam: -

1. Mathematics (Quantitative Aptitude)
2. English Section
3. Reasoning Section
4. Aptitude
5. General Knowledge
6. Current Affairs

Good Luck
5th March 2011, 09:23 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS exam?

IAS Exam Details !!!

This Year IAS Notification Dates are

For Filling up of Application Form for IAS OR Civil service Exam you need to Visit www.upsconline.nic.in

If you want to buy Offline Forms then Visit any GPO's of your City buy upsc form, Fill it and Send it to Upsc board as specified in that Broucher.

For more Information you can Visit www.upsc.gov.in

Some Tips:-
You need to be More Hard work as Only Hard work, Determinant and Passionate about this Job to get Selected.

Specified Syllabus are Very Easy for a Normal Guy But yes you need Practice, Basically Exam is Easy as compare to Interview Part. Interview is Main Part of IAS Officer.

Just check this Video. You will definitely inspired by This Guy..

Take Inspiration From This Guy, Click This To see the Video of IAS Topper.

after watching This video For sure you will Definitely waned today to be an IAS Officer...
5th March 2011, 11:37 AM
Baban singh

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC.

It held in two stages:-
1.prelim exam which is totally objective type
2. main exam is conventional type andd
3. interview.

At first you will have to clear the prelim exam.

I am giving you a sample paper and syllabus for this exam which may help you.

Date for this exam is announced on the official site.
12/6/11 and forms are avliable in G.P.O at the cost of 100/- only
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csp2011-syll.pdf(13.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: pdf CSAT_Sample_Paper.pdf(197.1 KB, 100 views)
5th March 2011, 04:20 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to prepare for IAS exam while working in Government Bank?

Dear friend,

It is very good that you have completed your graduation and you want to became an IAS officer. At present you can apply for IAS.

To apply for IAS go through the following details.

1. You can apply for IAS online by using website:

http://www.upsconline.nic.in

2. You can apply offline also in the common application form which can be
purchased from Head post offices / Post offices by paying Rs 30/-

The list of post offices you can see in the official website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

3. The last date for receipt of application:

Online- 21 Mar 11

Offline - 21 Mar 11

Offline (if candidate belongs to remote hill areas last date is 28 mar 11)

How to prepare

1. To prepare for IAS you have to devote extra time for preparation.

2. Take few days leave from your bank.

3. For few days forget every thing and give concentration towards
preparation only.

4. If possible take few days coaching.

If you have determined then sure you will win the race.

All the best.
5th March 2011, 05:11 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam while working in Government Bank?

IAS preparation is regarded as persuing three graduations together.

Its actually that tough. SO you should dedicate most of your

remaining time to your IAS preparation.

You have to manage any how 6-8 hours. Considering your job situation you wont have

too much time for any other activities, social functions etc.

since you must use your weekends for preparation, giving extra time.

Also follow quality material and keep a longer horizon 2yrs for preparation since

of job situation.
5th March 2011, 07:08 PM
vikascv51
Member+

Some Tips:-
You need to be More Hard work as Only Hard work, Determinant and Passionate about this Job to get Selected.

Specified Syllabus are Very Easy for a Normal Guy But yes you need Practice, Basically Exam is Easy as compare to Interview Part. Interview is Main Part of IAS Officer.

read csir book
chronical book
upkar guide etc.
6th March 2011, 07:51 AM
Sanjiv sharma

You can become IAS officer after clearing and cracking the civil service examination conducted by upsc. It is one of the toughest and top most examination conducted by upsc but dont worry because nothing is impossible. One need dedication, determination and concentration to reach any destination. You need a hard and extensive study to in through. Gather all the information about the world and the universe. Accumulate all the upto date general awareness and current affairs knoweledge. Consult 4 to 5 books of IAS written by eminent writers. Every book has his own limitations. Read fortnightly and monthly magazines like competition refresher, chronical,competition success review, pratiyogita darpan, wizard current affairs, india today etc. You can also join a reputed coaching institute where experts can teach you systematically and content wise. I have attached a file below regarding syllabus of CSAT 2011,Please prepare accordingly. Good luck
6th March 2011, 07:57 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Preparation:
  • Be very particular about the subject you choose for prelims, as you will be appearing for an objective type of paper. History, maths, geography may prove to be very scoring. Choose subjects which have availability of books, reading material and guidance.
  • G.K. will definitely pay in your prelims. Reading newspapers, watching TV news and of course quiz shows.
For IAS books visit the website :
http://www.onestopias.com/ias-books/
10th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

i have complete b sc nursing and i have to take i a s exam regarding my medical subjects only plz guide me the easyway
19th June 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: How to prepare for IAS exam?

I have completed PGDM n now i want to prepare 4 ias examination . but i do;nt have a sufficiant ammount 4 this . i am girl and i belongs to a lower class family . i hv completed my PGDM qualification by taking loan from Bank . nw i hv to pay dat amount bt wid out job it can't be possible . i m 20 years old . my family want to marry coz m gal . plz suggest me , can i prepare 4 ias exam during my job spam of time.....plz plz plz ......
6th August 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

How to become IAS officer while working in RRBs.Please quote example of someone who has successfully clear the examination while working.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?