15th March 2017, 02:48 PM
a.p.j kalaam

How to prepare for IES officer exam?

I'm persuing B.Tech final year in Civil department. I want to become an IES officer. I don't know about that, how I prepare to that? please help me.. send the information to me as soon as possible which would help me to prepare well for the exam.

15th March 2017, 10:07 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for IES officer exam?

Indian Engineering Services (IES) is a national level exam which is conducted every year by UPSC. You are in the final year of B.Tech degree and want to become IES officer in future and start preparation for this exam. Following are the strategy you have to follow for the preparation:

>>Firstly go through the syllabus of each paper of IES exam which you get in detailed notification of IES released by UPSC.

>>Go through basics of your core subjects

>>Go through previous year paper of IES exam which can be downloaded from UPSC website and try to solve it so that you will get aware about your weak and strong areas.

>>Study the weak subjects again and again and try to gain confidence by practicing more questions on that topic.

>>Join any good test series such as MADE EASY test series, ACE ACADEMY test series etc to evaluate your performance regularly. You can also join the coaching institutes if you have very much problem in core subjects.
15th March 2017, 11:28 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. You have to be firm on your decision to be an IES officer. Once yo take firm decision, then you have to plan your study. You have to prepare as per expert's experience. You have to study with full of your dedication without and deviation from your target. First thing that you have to do is to collect all books and study material. You can arrange this material from any coaching institute. Make a habit to read the complete newspaper with full concentration. The Times of India and The Hindu are the most preferable newspapers. Also you will get an idea about the exam pattern from the previous papers. So, solve them as much as you can.
16th March 2017, 12:08 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Eligibility
>> Candidate must have a engineering degree from recognized university
>> Candidate must have a passed graduate membership examination of institute of electronics and Telecommunication or must obtain diploma degree in engineering.
>> Age limit of the candidate must be in range of 21 to 30 years.

Preparation tips
** Will recommend you to take help of Arihant publication books.
** If needed you can join the Mahindra Institute or Balaji Institute IES classes for guidelines.

Application procedure
++ Candidate need to visit www.upsconline.nic.in and sign up with required details.
++ Fill up the form to apply with photograph and scanned signature
++ Once registration number is generated you can submit the challan at SBI branch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?