23rd March 2012, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for NDA Exam from 9th Class to become an Officer in Indian Air Force? Which Books to prepare for this? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?

My son presently studying in Class IX. He like to be an Officer of Indian Air Force. How to prepare for NDA from right now? Advice some book and course material for him. Are there any online previous question paper available for free download?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for NDA exam in 11th std? Study material and books to be referred for the exam? Previous year papers for the exam?
  2. How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Which books to refer?
  3. How to prepare for CDS to join the Indian Air Force for B.Tech student?
  4. Syllabus and List of Books to prepare for RRB Section Officer Engineer Exam? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  5. Books to be referred to prepare for IIT JEE? I have passed 9th class
  6. Date of NDA 1 and 2 exam? How to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to become a good doctor after passing class 9th? Books to be referred?
  8. Best books to prepare for PNB credit manager exam? Previous years question papers?
  9. How to download previous 10 year Question Papers for Bank PO Exams? List of Books to prepare for these Exams?
  10. Information regrading AFCAT: How to prepare & books to study? Paper pattern?
  11. Question pattern and reference books to prepare for NSTSE? -- [New]
  12. Should I prepare for IIT from class 9th itself?
  13. Date of TANCET Exam? Where to get application forms for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  14. How long will it take to complete Pharma.D program in USA? How may I get license in USA? I've done B.Pharmacy from India
  15. How to be a doctor in Indian Air Force? I am a class 9th student with commerce
  16. Previous year Question Papers of RBI Grade B Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  17. Where to get forms for NDA Exam? Can I apply for this NDA Exam to join Air Force after completion of 10th Class?
  18. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 9th
25th March 2012, 09:18 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for NDA Exam from 9th Class to become an Officer in Indian Air Force? Which Books to prepare for this? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son presently studying in Class IX. He like to be an Officer of Indian Air Force. How to prepare for NDA from right now? Advice some book and course material for him. Are there any online previous question paper available for free download?
In order to be considered for National Defense Academy, students must have qualified Higher Secondary level of examination.
Specifically for Indian Air Force, student must have studied Physics and Mathematics in the Higher Secondary level.

As far as preparation for the NDA examination is concerned, students needs to follow the syllabus of the exam.
The examination is comprise of two papers:

General Ability Test
Mathematics

The General Ability Test is based on the following subject area and the questions from each subject area are of Secondary as well as Higher Secondary level:
  • English
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • General Science
  • History including Freedom Movement
  • Geography
  • Current Events

In order to be able to qualify the exam, students must have a strong base in the subjects mentioned above and therefore, it is very important to work hard in all these subject areas in the secondary as well as in the higher secondary standard.

Books for NDA Exam Preparation:
  • Mathematics for NDA and NA-R.S. Aggarwa
  • NDA & NA Entrance Examination Guide - Arihant
  • NDA/NA Mathematics - Arihant
  • National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination - Dr.H.P.Sharma & Yash Srivastava

For question papers, refer to link provided below:

Previous Year Question Papers - General Ability Test-2011 (NDA I)
Previous Year Question Papers - General Ability Test-2011 (NDA II)
Previous Year Question Papers - General Ability Test-2010 (NDA I)
Previous Year Question Papers - General Ability Test-2010 (NDA II)

Previous Year Question Papers - Mathematics -2011 (NDA I)
Previous Year Question Papers - Mathematics -2011 (NDA II)
Previous Year Question Papers - Mathematics -2010 (NDA I)
Previous Year Question Papers - Mathematics -2010 (NDA II)
28th March 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for NDA Exam from 9th Class to become an Officer in Indian Air Force? Which Books to prepare for this? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?

I am in 10th class please suggest a book for NDA preparation
30th March 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I am in 9th class in rishabh academy,meerut and i want to do something fr my country please suggest me the main books for clear my base educatiom
11th April 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

i am in tenth standard how can i prepare for nda
15th April 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

how should be prepared to become an airforce fighter pilot?
1st May 2012, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

what are the physical qualities required for n.d.a.
27th May 2012, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for nda from cl IX .....
24th July 2012, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

tell me about the date of nda exams.
17th August 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

my son is studying in xth std and he wish to join air force, any coaching classes are available in pa which will provide facility of 11th and 12th also.
25th March 2013, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for NDA entrance exam to become an officer in Indian Army at class XI?What are the subjects I need to study to clear the entrance exam?What are the tests involved in the medical test?
4th April 2015, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

I'm in IX n I wanna crack NDA exam .I'm a girl n I know it won't b easy. So could u suggest m sme tips & trick s.
12th November 2015, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am study in 9th standard.I want make defence officer.how can i prepare for it?
22nd May 2016, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I want to be in Indian air force as the post of flying officer,so what should I do to prepare strongly to pass NDA entrance examination
13th September 2016, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Book suggested to study in 9th standard for the preparation of NDA in future????
14th September 2016, 03:33 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The written examination paper contains question of Mathematics and General Ability. The mathematics question are from Std 9 to Std 12th syllabus where as in General Ability the question are from English Grammar, Social Studies, Current Affairs and Science.

So, you need to just follow your NCERT books for General Studies and Mathematics but you need to go through newspaper for current affairs.

To get syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th May 2017, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am Shashank I want to be an pilot and I want to pass NDA after class 10 and i am in class 9 sir please help me thankyou
21st July 2017, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I am joint nda but i know how to join nda please send information on this gmail ([email protected]). I am a student of 9th standard
26th May 2018, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

If you are in class 10 Then you just revise your previous course from class 6th to 10th onwards. It will be very helpful to you if you do this.
Now you buy Arihant Pathfinder Book which is available on net and start practicing.
2nd April 2020, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

SIR I AM IN 9TH IN A CBSE SCHOOL, I WANT TO BE A NDA OFFICER. WHAT PHYSICAL ABILITIES LIKE HEIGHT AND WEIGHT ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS AND WHICH REFERENCE I SHOULD TAKE PLZ TELL ME ,,, TY
19th August 2020, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 9th and I want to become officer in air force
2nd August 2021, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

I'm in class 9 and I want to became a airforce officer I want syllabus according to class 9
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?