11th August 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for the IPS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?

Hello Sir/Madam

My name is Vinod Bhikhabhai Patil. I am living in Vadodara, Gujarat. My age is 25, as i have done my graduation from S.P. University . And i just want to know that how i prepared for this exam and when it comes..... ?

Thanks & Regards
Vinod Patil
(09726191617)

12th August 2011, 05:56 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for the IPS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?

To apply for this test it is a must that the candidate should have completed graduation atleast. The course should have been pursued from a recognised institute. Also the age should not exceed 30 years. Since you are eligible for the test you need to prepare for the 2 levels of written exam. First you will need to clear the aptitude oriented test i.e. CSAT and then the mains. You can select any of the subjects mentioned in the UPSC site.
12th August 2011, 09:00 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for the IPS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam

My name is Vinod Bhikhabhai Patil. I am living in Vadodara, Gujarat. My age is 25, as i have done my graduation from S.P. University . And i just want to know that how i prepared for this exam and when it comes..... ?

Thanks & Regards
Vinod Patil
(09726191617)

IPS is Indian Police Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Regarding your age your age,you are eligible to appl for the exam.

You must be a citizen of India with a age limit of 21-30 years.

For categories like SC/ST it is 35 and for OBC it is 33 and for Ex-service men it si 5 years exception.

You must have a degree from a recognized university.

As you also finished your degree you are sure to apply for this exam.
13th August 2011, 03:27 AM
Sehwag6

The eligibility crieterion for IPS is following:

1) You must be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum) at the time of taking exam. SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.

2) People belonging to general category can appear for IPS exam four times, while OBCs can appear for seven times but no limit has been set for SC/ST. keep in mind, even appearing in just exam is counted as an attempt.

3) You also need to meet physical standards mentioned in application form.
30th September 2011, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

i am b.tech. final year student.Can i apply for ips exam? and what shoulde be preparation of strategy for this exam??
30th September 2011, 11:24 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes offcourse you can go for IPS exam.
Minimum education criteria = Graduate

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.

You can start preparation based on your educational background also This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is coming into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.and so there is no option subjects...

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
  • Current events.
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian Polity and governance
  • Economic and social development
  • and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)
  • Comprehension
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy(Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.
30th September 2011, 11:38 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear in the IPS exam conducted by the UPSC every year:-
1. You must be a citizen of India.
2. You must have passed your Graduation from a recognized university in any stream.
3. You should have at least 60%
4. Your age must be within 21-30 years.
Relaxation for-
OBC-3years
SC/ST-5years
For all the other relevant details please follow the website:-
www.upsc.gov.in
_ALL THE BEST_
1st October 2011, 12:22 AM
abdullahsaquib

Location: Rampur, Uttar Pradesh, India, Asia, Earth near venus, Milky way galaxy

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Entrance Exam:
1. You should be citizen of India.
2. Your age should be between 21 to 30 years. (Exceptions for SC/ST/OBC)
3. You also need to attend physical criteria present in the application form.
1st October 2011, 12:23 AM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to prepare for the IPS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?

hi dear
Yes offcourse you can go for IPS exam
Minimum education criteria= Graduate

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.

You can start preparation based on your educational background also This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is coming into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.and so there is no option subjects...

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of[LIST][*]Current events.[*]History [*]Geography[*]Indian Polity and governance[*]Economic and social development[*]and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

[(Paper II) (200 marks)[LIST][*]Comprehension[*]Logical reasoning and analytical ability[*]Decision making and problem solving[*]General mental ability[*]Basic numeracy(Class X level)[*]English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.
1st October 2011, 01:54 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Default How to prepare for the IPS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?

To apply for this test it is a must that the candidate should have completed graduation atleast. The course should have been pursued from a recognised institute. Also the age should not exceed 30 years. Since you are eligible for the test you need to prepare for the 2 levels of written exam. First you will need to clear the aptitude oriented test i.e. CSAT and then the mains. You can select any of the subjects mentioned in the UPSC site.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?