25th January 2016, 03:34 PM
Saswat kashyap

Which subject should I study after 9th to be an IAS Officer? How should I prepare for it?

Well i am asking this question because now i read in standard 9th so i am asking that how i should prepare for to be an IAS officer . And which subject i should study more till now. You give trick to me. So i read well till today. Thanku

25th January 2016, 10:10 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Which subject should I study after 9th to be an IAS Officer? How should I prepare for it?

Actually upto 10th standard you will have to study all the subjects which are compulsory to all,so for it we should have to think after 10th.If you want to become an IAS officer then choose Arts stream as almost 80% syllabus mentioned for its entrance exam is covered in Arts.So it becomes easy to become an IAS officer for Arts students.Secondly read current knowledge, geography, history and different level magazines for its better preparation.
25th January 2016, 11:06 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subject should I study after 9th to be an IAS Officer? How should I prepare for it?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
IAS examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.
It consist of two written examination-Preliminary and Mains followed by interview.
The candidates qualified in Preliminary can appear in Mains.
The candidates qualified in Mains are called for Personal Interview and then final selection is made on the basis of performance in the examinations.

Eligibility to appear in IAS examination are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must be age 21-30 years
-Candidate must have completed Bachelor degree in any disciple from any recognized university.

So, to appear in IAS, Bachelor degree is necessary.
Bachelor degree is of 3 years after 12th.
So, first of all you need to score maximum possible marks in 10th for admission in 11th in good schools and from there you will appear for 12th boards examination in which you need to score high marks for admission in top college/university like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University and others in Bachelors degree program.
Then you will be eligible to appear in the examination.
So, you need to labor hard from now to become an IAS officer.
25th January 2016, 11:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become an I.A.S Officer, you need to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

As, according to eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination candidates passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can go with course of your interest in Class 9 to graduation. But, if you are interested in joining services, it is a good initiative to start the preparation according to syllabus as go through English Newspaper, keep going through the events taking place around world and in India.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th January 2016, 12:24 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I am pleased with your aim and initiative to full fill it. Yes, you will definitely become an I.A.S Officer in future but not now as per your educational qualification.

To become I.A.S Officer minimum educational qualification is graduation from any recognised university. So, you need to pursue your graduation course after 10th and 10+2 to appear for CSE examination and qualify in it.

But, from now you can start the preparation for examination as the examination requires hard and smart work to qualify in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?