1st July 2011, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS from 9th standard?

i m in std 9th,tell me how to start preparation for IAS from now? Because i want to become an IAS and serve the society

5th July 2011, 07:18 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS from 9th standard?

Dear friend,
You are two small but you thinking is great i appreciate it.
But to give IAS exam:
*you must be graduate first.
*But you improve you GK from now words only.
*Read newspaper daily.
*there are so many coaching institute are there you can join in during your graduation.
6th July 2011, 10:06 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m in std 9th,tell me how to start preparation for IAS from now? Because i want to become an IAS and serve the society
Great..!
I really appreciate your commitment towards society and ultimately country.

As you are in 9th standard there is no need to seriously concentrate on the IAS preparation from now on because there is a lot time before you take your First attempt.

But yeah you have to have the vision that you are going to take the attempt in the near future. you have to train your mind in that way.

i.e., you have to be aware of what you are going to prepare in your serious preparation for Civils

As you are in 9th standard that means that your age will be around 14 or something like that at this age you have to be very committed to your target you have to develop great regards towards your country.

Your mind will fluctuate at this moment be strong in your words and do action in that way only.

I have told you before that you have to train your mind accordingly i.e., Nothing but you have to develop interest towards your goal.

How will you develop that is within you. You have to decide about that according to your environment and all.

I recommend you to watch News, Read News paper regularly along with good movies and all.

I also suggest you to read about History of Ancient and Modern India through General means Not much of history just after 1947 i.e., Our Independence. Its Enough

Read some Life Histories of Great Personalities like Swami Vivekananda, Abdul Kalam, Rajiv Gandhi Mahatma Gandhi Etc..,

By all these works at the age of 19 years or so you can start your serious preparation for IAS entrance.

Till then

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
6th July 2011, 11:20 AM

Congratulations to you for being aware of the fact that preparations for such tough exam requires a long-term, well-planned and rigorous practice. Though at standard 9, you will not be able to choose the subject which you will take up in the civil service exam, you can start building your capacity in the areas of general knowledge, writing skills and communication skill. Long subjective opinionated writing supported by facts and figures is a very important deciding parameter in this exam. Essay writing is not as easy as it seems to be or is believed to be. So start writing on any topic of your choice from now. This will strengthen your language skills. Most importantly, this exam demands thorough reading of newspapers without which you are crippled not only knowledge-wise but also analytical scale-wise. All these will strengthen your language skills. Afterall you need language to communicate yourself.
6th July 2011, 01:44 PM
senthil anand.s
Member+

Hi,

Its Really Great If u want to become an ISA Right from now u want to be strong in the History and what are all happen in the world and in India.

Right now u start preparing for IAS keep the model question paper and study based on that how they are asking the question in which type.
You can refer this website for the model question paper.

http://www.caclubindia.com/share_fil...bank-20464.asp

Get prepare form right now All the best...
Attached Files
File Type: docx How to prepare for ISA.docx(18.0 KB, 181 views)
6th July 2011, 04:09 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi,
I appreciate your interest in IAS in such an early stage of your life. But let me tell you that you will be eligible to appear in IAS examination only after you get your Bachelor's Degree.
Now you need to focus on your studies so that you get good results. Along with this you can follow the daily news,news papers,be thorough with the Indian History,Geography,keep good hold of basic Mathematics. After getting your graduation degree, you can fully devote yourself for the preparation of IAS exam.

Best of LUCK.....
3rd August 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

thank u very much for such an encouraging answersfor the Q.How to prepare for IAS from 9th standard? it is really helping me.. :D
27th January 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 10th l am big inspirant of IAS i want to do IAS in my fist attempt but i am not financially much developed tell me how much money are needed to achive this goal.Thanks
28th January 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh16071991 View Post
Dear friend,
You are two small but you thinking is great i appreciate it.
But to give IAS exam:
*you must be graduate first.
*But you improve you GK from now words only.
*Read newspaper daily.
*there are so many coaching institute are there you can join in during your graduation.
Sir,,,,,u have said that read newspaper ,,,and consentrate on G.K so i m doing so,,,,but one difficulty is that when i m reading newspaper like ''times of India''the english is very hard ...so i m able to understand only some para....so what to do sir for it
19th February 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

I am a 9th std student and should I enroll for FIITJEE?.Is it too late or too early?.or should i enroll after 10th?
20th March 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

iam a 9th std student. i like to become an ias officer. please give me some preperations and what kind of books should i read now?
9th May 2013, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Thank You Sir for your inspiration.................Can you suggest some books which I could read at this age to become an IAS Officer,I am in 10th standred...........
10th May 2013, 03:59 AM
Unregistered

Can anyone please tell me the books needed for I.A.S in 9th class...I need some suggestion.guys...

-bhavya mohan...
13th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

How to improve our communication skills for becoming an ias-officer?
10th July 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

what all magazines i have to read for civil service preparation i am studying in 9 std
11th July 2013, 06:03 PM
kiruthika m.m

UPSC is based on general studies instead of general knowledge. So you have to study each area in deep and come out with your opinion in it.

As of now you are in 9th class so i will advise you keep more focus on news papers and try to understand concept of each article and relation of it to other article and govt. perspective for the same.

in else, i will tell you to keep up-dated with NCERT books and their syllabus which is important in upsc exam.

NCERT book you can download from upscportal website.
11th July 2013, 06:41 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
You have to work hard from 10th class.

You need to concentrate on every concepts from 10th onwards.

You need any professional course and go deep in it with every concept.

All the best!
13th October 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

How to study for boards?
22nd December 2013, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 9.My goal is to be an IAS officer.I wish to do something great for my country.Could you please what training i must go through at this age and also how to prepare for it?Could you also suggest some books to get prepared for it?
26th January 2014, 08:00 PM

Smile Re: How to prepare for IAS from 9th standard?

I am in 9th,tell me how to start preparation for IAS from now.Because I want to become a IASplease tell me about me in steps.
27th January 2014, 09:26 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is great that you are thinking about your career in the very initial stages of your career. I appreciate your interest towards IAS and serving the country.

In order to join IAS or any other civil service, the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates is Graduation.

The selection procedure would involve
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam would involve the questions from the following categories
Current Affairs
Aptitude
General English.

Main Exam will be on the optional subject that you have selected at the time of applying for this Exam.

So, what I suggest you is collect the list of optional subjects for this Exam and pick the subject that you have interested.

Make sure that in all the academic levels that you are going to opt in future, you should have that subject.

Gain in depth subject knowledge on various concepts of that subject so that it will be useful for Main Exam.

In addition to that, try to practice various concepts of Aptitude. R.S.Agarwal books is very good for quantitative aptitude. Purchase this book and start your preparation.

There will be some books available in the market that contains mock tests and practice papers for civil services exam.

Purchase them also and go through them. Try to be strong enough in all these areas by the time you complete your Graduation.

Apply for this exam as and when you complete your Graduation.

Wish you all the best.
19th February 2014, 03:18 PM

which stream is better
6th October 2014, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

i am in 9th class i am very weak in all subject but my aim to be an ias officer so what can i do
13th January 2015, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

i want to become ias ineed a best school and i need to prepare from ninth so can you please sugest me the best
6th June 2015, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
see IAS is a very hard class 1 examination to reach that level from now itself in the morning we should read at least one newspaper and some current affair year books will also work and good essay writing skills is necessary .
18th June 2015, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi guys iam studying 9th std I want to become an IAS officer and I want to serve peope plz......help me and tell me how to start preparation for my dream
2nd September 2015, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi, iam currently studying in 9th std. Can anyone please suggest as to what book should I read for current affairs and essay writing- Vineeta
3rd December 2015, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 11th. My subjects are Elective english , Economics and Mathematics (Arts). Can u please suggest me what books should i read to become an IAS officer. Names of books...
23rd March 2017, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I am in 8th class so please tell me in 9th which subject should l take in optional either computer or music.
23rd April 2017, 10:55 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

IAS :- Indian Administrative Service .
One of the toughest exam in nation but if you clear it , your life will be awesome .
-> First let me appreciate you for showing willingness towards IAS though you are just doing 9th std.
-> Things which you can do since then which helps to crack IAS.
* Habituate reading newspaper and collect the important dates ,events and necessary stuff.
* Enhance your communication skills .
* Be thorough in school level social studies which is most important .
* Reading success stories of IAS people .
8th August 2020, 09:15 PM
Yasaswin J

Smile Re: How to prepare for IAS from 9th standard?

If i am in Andhra Pradesh I should apply to UPSC or APPSC to write prelims
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?