26th June 2017, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue Ph.D. after getting 37% marks in M.A English literature

Hello sir, I hope you are good. Actually, I am 29 years old and have deeply regretted to obtain pretty minimum (37%) marks in M.A from English Literature. I pursued My PG by correspondence while working in a company which cause I could not perform well. Although, I am from middle-class family yet, literally want to pursue Ph.D. somehow. So please guide me, what to do to take admission in the Ph.D. class.

Related Questions:
  1. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks?
  3. List of Open Universities which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Detailed information, course duration and fee structure?
  4. Universities offering PhD in English Literature with stipend
  5. Will less marks in Ph.D degree in English Literature cause any problem? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to pursue Ph.D. after getting 37% marks in M.A English literature -- [New]
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  8. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  9. How can I pursue PhD after completing MA (English) scoring 62% marks?
  10. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  11. Can I study PhD(English) with 47% in M.A.(English Literature)? How to improve marks?
  12. Top 5 universities in world for PhD in English Literature
  13. How may I join PhD program in English literature from JNU or other recognized university? I have done BA from Assam University and Masters from Nepal
  14. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Detailed information about PhD English Literature?
  16. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  17. From where can I pursue Ph.D from distance education? I have done M.A in English Literature -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
27th June 2017, 11:00 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue Ph.D. after getting 37% marks in M.A English literature

No, you cannot join Ph.D course in English literature because the minimum percentage required is not matching with your percentage. The full details about eligibility are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should complete their masters in English literature or any equivalent education with minimum 55% from any recognized university. For SC/ ST the percentage required is 50%.
- The percentage may vary based on the state and university.

For joining in Ph.D course you need to attend entrance exam named NET (National Eligibility Test) conducted by CBSE. For this test also the candidate should have 55% in their masters or equivalent education from any recognized university.
30th June 2017, 01:29 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue Ph.D. after getting 37% marks in M.A English literature

No, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in Ph.D course.

Minimum required qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed master degree from recognised university with minimum 55% relaxation for reserved category.

No, age limit to pursue Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?