17th October 2016, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD(English) with 47% in M.A.(English Literature)? How to improve marks?

I am an M.A. in English Literature postgraduate with 47% marks. Can I do PhD in English? If not, then how can I improve my marks? Please reply as soon as possible.

19th October 2016, 08:35 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study PhD(English) with 47% in M.A.(English Literature)? How to improve marks?

No, you can't do PhD with 47% marks in M.A. For doing PhD you have to complete your post graduation with minimum of 55% marks. If you want to improve your marks then you can do M.A. once again. But right now you are not eligible for PhD course. Thanks
19th October 2016, 08:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(English) with 47% in M.A.(English Literature)? How to improve marks?

No, with just 47% marks you will not be eligible for Ph.D admission in India. You need at least 55% marks in MA to become eligible. In case of reserved category, 50% marks is enough after relaxation.

For improvement exams one has to apply after the result is announced for semester or year. It will be difficult to improve now, if result was announced long time back. You can only improve by pursuing any other MA degree.
23rd October 2016, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am an M.A. in English Literature postgraduate with 47% marks. Can I do PhD in English? If not, then how can I improve my marks? Please reply as soon as possible.
Your post graduation marks is below 55%, so you are not eligible for Ph.D in English.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.
16th February 2020, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I have passed out MA English in 2015 so can I give the improvement exam in 2020 now
24th December 2020, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I have passed MA English in 2012 can I improve in 2021 in hpu
4th October 2021, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I have passed bed and MA in 2007 I have 44 percentage in MA English I submitted my mark shit in 2008 I gave exam in summer and winter in 2008 but I scored 46 percent I failed because of declaration now at the age of 40 I want to improve my makrs What should I do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?