10th May 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

How should I apply for government job after scoring 73% in B.Tech and 86% in 12th if I am good at English and Communication Skills?

i have inter percentage 86% and b.tech 73% .i want a government job even im very good at english and communication skills

21st May 2011, 12:30 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should I apply for government job after scoring 73% in B.Tech and 86% in 12th if I am good at English and Communication Skills?

There are various jobs available in the Government Sector.As a B.Tech graduate you can go through some of the exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) Board, Staff Selection Commission(SSC) Board, State's Public Service Commission(PSC) Board.For all these exams you first need to go through the Preliminary exam followed by stages like Main test and interview.For some of the exams Main examination is omitted.You can get details regarding various board's in the following links

UPSC Website-click here
SSC Website-click here

You can get details regarding notification,syllabus and other such details in the above link.

If you would have mentioned your stream in B.Tech then i could have mentioned you the companies exams you can go through in Public Sector.You can get details regarding all the PSU's in the following link

http://india.gov.in/citizen/PSU.php
21st May 2011, 03:00 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I apply for government job after scoring 73% in B.Tech and 86% in 12th if I am good at English and Communication Skills?

Hello friend,
Candidates are appointed in different posts in different departments of government bodies through entrance examinations conducted by state as well as government government.
The national level examinations are regulated by Union Public Service Commission and Staff Selection Commission and the state level examinations are conducted by service commission of each state.
For each jobs, the eligibility criteria differs which includes educational qualification, age etc.
For most of the examination there is no restrictions regarding the percentage of marks scored in the qualifying examinations.
As there is a wide array of jobs available, its advisable to check out the official website of UPSC, SSC and the service commission of your state.
21st May 2011, 05:59 PM
mandiv

hello
first of all congrats on completion of your graduation.....
dear you can surely get a good job in government sector..............
being a B>tech you may get many technical related jobs.....
for that you need to give certain entrance exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission..............
for other queries related to syllabus,date of exam,you may log on to the website:-
sscnr.org

all the best
22nd May 2011, 12:49 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

On the basis of your educational qualification you are eligible for many government job recruitment examinations.
If you are willing to join Indian Defence Forces or Para military forces than on the basis of B-Tech degree you appear for following examinations.....

CDS: Combine Defence Service Exam conducted by UPSC twice in the year.
SSC: Short Service Commission examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
Engineering students can join Indian Airforce Technical branch by UES or as Aeronautical engineer.

You can also appear for Bank Clerical cadre or PO recruitment examination, Railway recruitment examination or can directly apply for job in various government institutions.
22nd January 2012, 06:21 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have inter percentage 86% and b.tech 73% .i want a government job even im very good at english and communication skills
hi,
After passing B.Tech you can apply for many govt. job like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.E.S
> ARMY
> NAVY
> AIR FORCE
> D.R.D.O
> I.S.R.O
> B.S.N.L
> O.N.G.C
etc

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?