26th November 2011, 01:31 PM
Mr Lunhawiruol Khawbung

How should I apply for TOEFL online?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am planning to go to abroad for higher studies in theology. I have applied in one of the College in Orlando. They require a TOEFL certificate to process my admission. For this I am seeking form online exam as I am living in churachandpur Manipur at this time. I am opting for online exam since it is difficult for me to travel outside Manipur because of my present work in my organization, Could you please give me an answer to my question.

Further I got an information some of my friend that online examination is available.

Anticipating for your positive prompt reply.

Sincerely,

Mr. Lungawiruol Khawbung

17th July 2012, 12:13 PM
archanagalenka

Default Re: How should I apply for TOEFL online?

[SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]TOEFL® Registration[/SIZE][/SIZE]

There are three ways by which you can register for the exam.
By Phone
By Mail

The fastest and most convenient way to register, TOEFL online registration is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can pay via credit card or e-check. TOEFL online registration services will immediately provide you with all of the details that you need to schedule your test, pay your fees, and confirm your testing date and location

Registration is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

BY PHONE

A valid credit card is required (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard®, or Visa® card), or an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
When registering by phone, you are given a Registration number, which you must bring to the test center on the test day Test date
Reporting time
Test center address
The Contact Address and the Phone Number of the Regional Registration Center is as follow:
Thomas Testing Private Limited
2nd Floor
DFL Infinity Tower- A, Sector 25, Phase II
DFL City Gurgaon, Haryana - 122002 India

Tel : 91-124-414700
Fax : 91-124-4147773, 4147774

BY MAIL

Another method is to register by mail. The form can be obtained by ordering a TOEFL bulletin.
Fill in all information on the Registration Form.
Mail the completed form. Mailing instructions are on the form.
Registration forms must be received by ETS or your Regional Registration Center at least four weeks before your requested first-choice test date.
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
17th July 2012, 01:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

TOEFL means Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is very common test for students from countries like India where English is considered as foreign language. If you are seeking admission in a foreign university, it is required to appear in TOEFL exam before you would get admission. More than 7500 colleges in over 130 countries accept the TOEFL exam.

TOEFL exam is being conducted since 1964. It is conducted by the ETS (Educational Testing Service) and could be given in Paper Based Test (PBT) and Internet Based Test (IBT). However in India, Internet Based Test is the only option. But that does not mean you can give the exam from the comfort of your home.

You are still required to visit one of the exam centers in India and appear in the TOEFL exam. I am sorry but you will have to travel one of the places mentioned below to give the exam. However since you live in Manipur, it would be difficult for you but there is no other option for you.

TOEFL TEST CENTER IN INDIA

Ahmedabad

Allahabad

Delhi

Chennai

Bangalore

Mumbai

Trivandrum

Hyderabad

Kolkata

Gurgaon

ADMISSION PROCEDURE

There are four ways to get admission in TOEFL exam in India.

Online:

You can register online via official website of ETS TOEFL. Make sure to type the same name as in your passport.

Phone:

To register via phone, please call the Prometric Testing Private Limited @ 124 - 4147700 untill 12 noon to register. Make sure to call 3 days prior to the exam date.

Fax:

You can also register by fax just make sure to register at least 7 days ahead.

Mail/Courier:

Alternatively you can download the form via online, fill it, and send it with all necessary documents along with Demand Draft to the office of Prometric Testing Private Limited in Gurgaon either by Mail or courier at least 3 weeks in advance.

Here is the address:

Prometric Testing Private Limited
2nd Floor, DLF Infinity Tower - A
Sector 25, Phase ll
DLF City, Gurgaon
Haryana 122002
India

There is no eligibilty to appear in the TOEFL exam. Each exam is valid for 2 years after which you would be required to take the exam once again.

FEE:

The registration fee for the TOEFL exam is $130 which has be paid at the time of admission. Remember that you can not make payment in Indian Rupee therefore ensure your bank can make the DD in USD. The draft should be payable to "ETS - TOEFL". Mostly main branches of banks offer this service.

There is another way to make payment via credit card. You can also use credit card of your father, mother or brother to make the payment. You don't necessary require to have credit card of your own.
17th July 2012, 02:25 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
TOEFL means Test of English as a Foreign Language

The test comes in two formats:

paper-based test (PBT)
next generation computer-based test (iBT)

This test is offered in 8 centers in India and is accepted by more than 75000 colleges and 130 countries.

Eligibility and Fees:

Anyone and everyone is eligible for taking the TOEFL test - there are no restrictions based on age or qualifications. The test scores are valid for two years, i.e., most universities accept scores up to two years old.

Fees are subject to change without notice. In India, this fee is US $130, payable at the time of registration. You cannot pay in Indian Rupees.

How to Apply:

Registering by Phone: You may call up Prometric office until 12:00 noon to register. Make sure to call at least THREE BUSINESS DAYS before the test date.

Registering by Fax: If registering by fax, you must send your fax at lest SEVEN DAYS prior to your first choice of a test day.

Registering by Mail/Courier: Fill in the form, get the draft made (if you are not paying by credit card), and submit these to the Prometric Centre either by hand or by registered post/courier. You must send the documents at least THREE WEEKS before your choice of a test day.

17th July 2012, 04:08 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Hi,friend

If you want to do higher study so,its good mode for this

Register Online

Register 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Be sure to spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day.

Pay with a credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use a PayPal account, or an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.

Registration closes seven days before your test date.

for get sample question paper and any help visit this website-www.ets.org/toefl/
18th July 2012, 06:05 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi..!!!

-->for TOEFL online registration:-

*Registers 24 hours a day,seven days a week.

*Be sure to spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day.

*Pay with a credit/debit card :American express®,Discover®,JCB®,MasterCard®,or VISA®.

*you can also use a paypal account,or an electronic check.

*Registration closes seven days before your test date.

for more details you can visit:-
www.ets.org/toefl/

thanks....all the best...go ahead!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?