1st July 2015, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and question pattern of TOEFL?

Sir,
What is the question pattern of TOEFL? I want to apply for TOEFL but I don't know anything. Please give me the information of TOEFL.
Please tell me about this immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information, syllabus and pattern of TOEFL? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Detailed information, pattern and eligibility criteria of TOEFL? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Pattern and cutoff marks required to qualify TOEFL? Detailed procedure of TOEFL counselling?
  4. Is it possible to study MBA in Germany through TOEFL? Detailed information about TOEFL?
  5. Detailed information about TOEFL?
  6. Detailed information and eligibility to apply for TOEFL for B.Com student? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Should I appear in TOEFL to study MBA in Abroad? Detailed information about TOEFL?
  8. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best universities?
  9. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best university?
  10. When the notification of TOEFL will be released? Detailed information about TOEFL for B.Tech(ECE) graduate who is working as a Software Developer?
  11. Detailed information about TOEFL? How can I prepare to qualify in first attempt?
  12. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  13. Detailed information about GRE and TOEFL for B.Tech 1st year candidate?
  14. Information, choices and eligibility of TOEFL?
  15. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of TOEFL and GRE?
  16. Detailed information about GRE and TOEFL to study M.S. in Singapore University?
  17. Information about GRE and TOEFL?
  18. Minimum score required in GRE and TOEFL to get seat in best university? Financial support required? -- [Most Discussed]
2nd July 2015, 07:52 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and question pattern of TOEFL?

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is a standardised English Language Proficiency test for non-native English speakers who wish to pursue their higher studies in Abroad countries like US, UK, etc.

TOEFL Examination Pattern :-
1. Reading :-
This section comprises of 3-5 passages of approx. 700 words having about 36-70 questions in total and the total time allotted to solve this section is 60-100 minutes. The section on Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary is based on judging the reading and vocabulary skills of the candidates.

2. Listening :-
This section consists of 4-6 lectures and 2-3 conversations with 34-51 questions in total. The candidates will be given 6 questions per lecture and 5 questions per conversations to be solved in 60-90 minutes and this section basically judges the listening capabilities of the candidates.

3. Speaking :-
This section consists a total of 6 tasks will be assigned to the test takers which include the following: 2 questions on expressing the opinions and 4 questions on what one has to read / listen to for qualifying in this section of the exam. The total time allotted to this section of the exam is only 20 minutes.

4. Writing :-
This paper shall consist of a total of two tasks which includes one question on- Writing what one has to listen to and one question on giving opinion on something as per the topics assigned to the test takers on the spot. The total time allotted to this section of the exam is 50 minutes only.
2nd July 2015, 11:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
What is the question pattern of TOEFL? I want to apply for TOEFL but I don't know anything. Please give me the information of TOEFL.
Please tell me about this immediately.
TOEFL stands for Test Of English as Foreign Language.

This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

This exam is conducted for checking the ability in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. So, there is no syllabus for this exam. This exam is based on the following sections

Exam pattern:-(120 marks)

1. Reading - 30 marks
This section includes reading 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answering 60 to 80 questions related to reading passage.

2. Writing - 30 marks
In this section, you should write a essay responses based on reading and listening tasks, support an opinion in writing.

3. Listening - 30 marks
This section includes Listening to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answering questions.

4. Speaking - 30 marks
In this section, you should express an opinion on a familiar topic, speak based on reading and listening tasks.
2nd July 2015, 12:17 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. This exam is used to test English Proficiency of a candidate in reading, writing, listening and speaking sections of English. Candidates who want to continue their higher studies in foreign universities should appear for this exam to prove their English Proficiency.

TOEFL Exam pattern:-(120 marks)
This exam is conducted in four sections
1. Reading - 30 marks
2. Writing - 30 marks
3. Listening - 30 marks
4. Speaking - 30 marks
There is no particular syllabus for TOEFL exam. Because, it includes only listening audios, Reading and writing passages, Speaking sections. These all sections are related to normal conversations, which we face everyday.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?