19th July 2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

How to start preparation to become an IAS officer?

what is the starting prepration an first stage to become a IAS officer?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS officer while pursuing B.E? What kind of preparation is required?
  2. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  3. How to start preparation to become an IAS officer?
  4. How to be an IAS officer? I am a 12th science student
  5. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to start preparation to become IAS Officer being a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech?
  7. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  8. Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course? -- [New]
  9. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of 11th commerce
  10. Tamilnadu Board Matriculation Exam Geography and Economics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. How to become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech 2nd year in KL University
  12. How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?
  13. How to start preparing for IAS? Suggest books?
  14. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  15. What type of preparation is to be carried out to become an IAS officer/
  16. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  17. How to start preparation for IAS prelims? I am a B.Com 1st year student
  18. Difference between Syllabus of Income Tax Officer and Sales Tax Officer? From where do I need to start the preparation?
2nd October 2012, 07:04 PM
surajm093

Smile Re: How to start preparation to become an IAS officer?

First, you should be mentally fully prepared to bear the strain of this one-year-long exam; and second, you should have (or develop) a sound expression (written as well as verbal) in the medium (language) you want to appear with. Once you have obtained these two qualifications, other issues regarding preparation for the exam can be handled better and easily.
Star preparing for IAS in this manner:
Smart Not Just Hard
Most of us are used to working hard. Our education system is such that unless we cram tens of books each year, whether or not we understand what’s inside the book is immaterial, we cannot progress to the higher level. So most of us are accustomed to working hard which in the context of IAS preparation refers to studying 10 hours or more, every day. So much for hard work.

Try Single-tasking it’s more efficient than Multi-tasking
Test Yourself Constantly
Make Micro Notes
Read Only What’s Absolutely Essential

Good Luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?