9th October 2011, 01:41 AM
nidesala

What type of preparation is to be carried out to become an IAS officer?

sir,my self lalit and i am mechanical engineering student of IIIrd year,after completed my engineering,i want to become an IAS officer so what's the type of preparation about that situation and which type of preparation material,i need?

Related Questions:
9th October 2011, 03:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What type of preparation is required for me to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Which Study Materials I have to prepare for the Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidesala View Post
sir,my self lalit and i am mechanical engineering student of IIIrd year,after completed my engineering,i want to become an IAS officer so what's the type of preparation about that situation and which type of preparation material,i need?
Rigor preparation is required to crack IAS exam.
Clearing up IAS exam is not a simple easy thing one who has this aspiration must be very strict in their preparation time. especially.

No need of top marks in your academics. A good amount of common sense which is give by your studies is more than enough for preparing this examination.

Each and every person preparation style will be different from others. Students from all the departments and disciplines has cracked this exam till date. So you are not any new for this exam. Just you have to withstand yourself in the competition for this exam.

->For this you have to be a Dedicated hardworker.

->You should have the ability to make smart plans in the right time.

->Take good coaching if necessary, Don't hesitate to take coaching without coaching many of them have lost the very precious time.

->Try to crack this exam in the first attempt only.

->Coming to your next doubt about preparation material . If you take the help of coaching center then they will only guide you which topic will be good in which book.

->If you are not taking coaching and wants to do self study then you may ask your seniors about the best books in the topic you want the syllabus for each level of exam is different.

As you have not mentioned for which you are looking for its tough to say refer this book or that book.
if you want only us to help you then you need to give more clear details about which subject and which topic.

No single all in one is present for this purpose. there are various books which will be helpful throughout your career.

Hope you got my point. and all the best for your preparation .

Regards
9th October 2011, 03:43 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What type of preparation is required for me to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Which Study Materials I have to prepare for the Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidesala View Post

Complete Information About Indian Civil Service Exams

In order to become an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) you need to clear the Indian Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year..

For doing well in the Civil Service Exams..you need to be completely thorough with your core subjects of 3rd year and 4th year..

You can take coaching from good coaching institutes like MADE EASY..

if you don't want to take coaching then i would suggest you to buy the complete study material of Mechanical Engineering GATE from MADE EASY or any other good coaching institute because they shall be having the complete and precise syllabus of the exam..

Eligibility Criteria :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from a recognized college..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
9th October 2011, 04:11 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: What type of preparation is required for me to become IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Which Study Materials I have to prepare for the Exam?

you will have to do hardwork. now you are in 3rd year so, from now only regular and sincere study will help you to crack IAS in first attempt only.

Take good coaching if necessary, Don't hesitate to take coaching without coaching you cann't get exact pattern.

Just you have to withstand yourself in the competition for this exam.

About preparation material- RAU IAS STUDY CIRCLE,new delhi is the best coaching of india. so if you want material then you can go for that.

If you are not taking coaching and wants to do self study then you may go for correspondence course of gud coaching.

and all the best
25th December 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What type of preparation is to be carried out to become an IAS officer/

I am a Management student.would like to keep management as main subject. whats your view and suggest any other subject as sociology and economics.as i have lots of interest to words economics
14th July 2013, 05:04 PM
Say2Sibaram

Default Re: What type of preparation is to be carried out to become an IAS officer/

Hi. It's The best method to crack ias exam:

Step 1 (one year before the test)
Understand the test by going thru CSAT Syllabus, CSAT Past papers
Read The Hindu newspaper daily and Frontline magazineand take notes on Important news, editorials and analysis articles
Go thru the free study material
Read current affairsnotesand try to answer current affairs questions

Step 2 (six months before the test)
Get the study materialand study/practice for about 4hours per day
Get the required CSAT booksand study for about 4 hours per day

Step 3 (three months before the test)
Revise the study material and study/practice for about 2 hours per day
Revise the required books and study for about 2 hours per day
Get India Year Book 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day
Get The Economic Survey of India 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day

Step 4 (one month before the test)
Do the one practice test (both paper I and Paper II)per day and analyze and work on weak area
Revise the study material /required books and study for about 2 hours per day
Revise India Year Book 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day
Revise The Economic Survey of India 2013 and study/revise for about 1 hour per day.

Best of luck...!
27th February 2014, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

should i start preparing for IAS right after my 12th board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?