23rd February 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

How to take up Air Force after engineering?

Am a student doing my final year in cse.....i need to take up air force after my engineering....should i require an aggeregate particularly for joining ???? i really have intrest in joining air force...

Related Questions:
  1. How to take up Air Force after engineering?
  2. Can I join Air force after completing mechanical engineering
  3. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  4. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  5. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  6. How to join Air Force after passing 12th class? What is the eligibility for Air Force?
  7. Can I join Air Force having completed ECE? Which posts can I apply in Air Force?
  8. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How should I join Indian Air Force? What is the procedure?
  10. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  11. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year
  12. What is the scope in Indian Air Force after BCA ?
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  14. Procedure to join Air Force in Mechanical engineering related steam? -- [New]
  15. Information regarding Entrance Exams for Air Force?
  16. Is 12th standard compulsory to enter in Indian Air Force? Are we not eligible for Indian Air Force after SSC and after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. What are the qualifications required to join Indian Air Force?
  18. Previous year paper of AFCAT and other details about the exam?
24th February 2012, 10:53 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to take up Air Force after engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am a student doing my final year in cse.....i need to take up air force after my engineering....should i require an aggeregate particularly for joining ???? i really have intrest in joining air force...
There are various entry schemes through which you can apply for the Indian Air force as an officer. You can join Indian Air force Air force common admission test(AFCAT) and through Combined defence service examination(CDSE). The AFCAT examination is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year and the combined defence service examination is conducted by the UPSC twice a year.
The detailed eligibility criteria required for both the examination is given below:

AFCAT exam
AFCAT exam is conducted twice in a year one in the month of february and second in the month of october. This exam is conducted by the Indian Air force. You can apply for the FLYING BRANCH, TECHNICAL BRANCH and GROUND DUTY BRANCH through this entry scheme.
For all these branches a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks. In TECHNICAL BRANCH only the engineering students are eligible. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible for this exam.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 YEARS

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-27 YEARS

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 YEARS

CDS EXAM
A candidate can apply for the combined defence service examination after the completion of their graduation. This exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible.

AGE LIMIT
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on combined defence service examination you can also visit at the below web site
www.upsc.gov.in
24th February 2012, 11:37 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take up Air Force after engineering?

You can join Indian Air Force in various way after B.Tech. Engineering, the best out out of that through AFCAT and CDSE.

AFCAT - AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by Air Force every year for selection of candidates for:-

FLYING BRANCH
TECHNICAL BRANCH
GROUND DUTY BRANCH

The eligible candidate should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years for Flying Branch, 18 to 27 years for Technical Branch and 20 to 23 years for Ground Duty Branch, can apply for AFCAT.

So as you have completed Engineering Degree you can apply for all three branches of AFCAT. For more information you may log on to www.careerairforce.nic.in

CDSE - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAMINATION conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for final graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years of age, is eligible to apply for CDS.

As you are an engineering graduate you can apply for all four branches under CDS. For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
24th February 2012, 01:14 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
After your B.tech degree you can apply for the AFCAT exam , ......
The details eligibility are as follows......

Good luck........
24th February 2012, 02:42 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: How to take up Air Force after engineering?

Quote:
Eligibility criteria for joining the Indian Air Force:
18 to 28 years (At the time of commencement of training)
Branches in Btech / BE: Electronics,Tele-communication, Electrical, Electrical Communication, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation, Computer Science & Engineering

Salary Range: approx. 17000 along with benefits and various allowances.
Percentage in Btech / BE:
60% or above

Time for Recruitment Notice: Twice in a year (around March and September).
Application Procedure:
The detailed information is provided by the Employment News or Rozgar Samachar newspaper.

Steps for Recruitment:
Engineering Knowledge Test also known as EKT
Once the students are able to clear the EKT step, they receive a call letter to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi or Mysore where they have to clear an array of tests specifically crafted for assessing Officer Like Qualities – OLQ of the candidates.
The test lasts for 5 days
Day 1: Intelligence and Psychological Tests
Day 2 and 3: Group tasks involving field events and physical activities.
Day 4: Interview
Day 5: Conference day where all the different assessors sit together and discuss the abilities and performance of candidate in order to check whether he is to be recommended or not.
Those students who successfully complete these steps have to appear for the medical examination.
Lastly, a merit list is prepared and joining instructions are provided to the successful candidates by the Air force Head-Quarters.
General Schedule for OLQ tests

Register Yourself as Jobseeker/Employer on Our Website
LIKE US? HELP US SERVE YOU BETTER
JOIN INDIAN AIR FORCE AFTER BTECH / BE: GOVERNMENT JOB.
MAR 10, 2009 Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, Electronics and Instrumentation, Electronics and Telecommunication, Job After Btech

Both male and female candidates can join Indian Air Force( Technical Branch) after their engineering (Btech and BE). Mainly there are two branches for which the student can apply for after his Btech or BE. The first one is Aeronautical Engineering Electronics branch and the other one is the Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical branch. The Electronics branch deals with signal and communication stuff while the Mechanical branch has to take care of the maintenance, servicing and other engine related tasks.

Eligibility criteria for joining the Indian Air Force:
18 to 28 years (At the time of commencement of training)
Branches in Btech / BE: Electronics,Tele-communication, Electrical, Electrical Communication, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation, Computer Science & Engineering
Salary Range: approx. 17000 along with benefits and various allowances.
Percentage in Btech / BE:

60% or above
Time for Recruitment Notice: Twice in a year (around March and September).
Application Procedure:
The detailed information is provided by the Employment News or Rozgar Samachar newspaper.
Steps for Recruitment:
Engineering Knowledge Test also known as EKT
Once the students are able to clear the EKT step, they receive a call letter to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi or Mysore where they have to clear an array of tests specifically crafted for assessing Officer Like Qualities – OLQ of the candidates.
The test lasts for 5 days
Day 1: Intelligence and Psychological Tests
Day 2 and 3: Group tasks involving field events and physical activities.
Day 4: Interview
Day 5: Conference day where all the different assessors sit together and discuss the abilities and performance of candidate in order to check whether he is to be recommended or not.
Those students who successfully complete these steps have to appear for the medical examination.
Lastly, a merit list is prepared and joining instructions are provided to the successful candidates by the Air force Head-Quarters.
24th February 2012, 08:03 PM
palpallavi28

Quote:
There are many Forms for the Air Force Exam (like AFCAT held on 26th feb)... U have to aggregate atleast 60% marks in 10th ,12th and Engg... If u are eligible with the above critieria then fill the form... Try to search for the recent forms on google... These forms are for basically to provide you the chance to give the entrance exam for Airforce... Once you quaify the exam then you get the call letter for the interview... U have 3 options to choose in airforce i.e. ground duty, technical and flying branch... U can fill form now also i.e. while doing Engg..
24th February 2012, 09:10 PM
ramandeep.2dec

You can join air force after engineering after various exams. AFCAT and CDS exam leads you yo air force . AFCAT is organize twice in a year by Air force India for recruitment and CD which is conducted by UPSC also twice in a year , AS CDS is combined test for All defense force air force is one of them. Try to get into air force.
25th February 2012, 02:45 AM
tanu47

Dear,
You can join Indian Air Force in various way after B.Tech. Engineering, the best out out of that through AFCAT and CDSE.
AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Air Force every year for selection of candidates for:-
Flying Branch
Technical Branch
Ground Duty Branch
The eligible candidate should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University .
Age limit (19 to 23) years for Flying Branch,
(18 to 27) years for Technical Branch
and (20 to 23 )years for Ground Duty Branch, can apply for AFCAT.
13th March 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

for EC branch posts and criteria
19th July 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my engineering in Information Technology. Wanted to know if I can apply under technical branch? Another query is I have short sight will it be a issue?
19th July 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my Information Technology engineering. Wanted to know if I can apply for AFCAT under technical branch. I also wear specs, will it be an issue?
14th August 2014, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

I am do my b tech 2nd year I want jAoin in Indiana armey mechanical please say how do now
14th August 2014, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my b tech 2nd year mechanical branch please say me how to join in Indian army if joined how much will be the salary
2nd May 2016, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

in which field of engineering can apply to join indian air force and we need to do only diploma after 10th or is it necessary to do bachelor of engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?