19th July 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

How to work in government sector after studying final year ECE

my name is prabakaran, studying final year ece. i would like to work in govt posts .so show me some prior jobs to ece

Related Questions:
  1. Jobs in government sector after completing my final year B.Tech ECE/
  2. How to get a government job after studying ECE final year
  3. How to work in government sector after doing B.Tech IT final year
  4. How to work in government sector after doing BSc Optometry
  5. Information about government sector? I am studying B.Tech final year
  6. What are the government jobs available for me after studying B.Tech final year with ECE
  7. How to join government job after studying diploma final year in ECE branch
  8. Any chance for me to work in power sector after doing B.Tech ECE with 69.36% and project in Automatic Energy meter reading system in final year of B.Tech?
  9. Opportunities available after studying B.Tech final year ECE? Is it better to do a job or to join M.Tech? Opportunities that I can get from Central or State government? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Government jobs in Tourism sector? -- [New]
  11. How to do final year project in any ECE core company in Chennai or Coimbatore? I am studying ECE final year
  12. Which are the PSU companies where I can get if I am form EC branch?
  13. What are the various jobs available in airport sector and what are the procedures for applying to those jobs? Is there any exam to be written to get a job in the airport sector? I am B.Tech(ECE) final year student
  14. What are the government job oppotunities available for ECE?
  15. What are the jobs available for B.Tech ECE students in government sector? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to do final year project in any core company in Chennai or Coimbatore? I am studying final year ECE
  17. How to get a job in government sector after studying CSE IIIrd year?
  18. Job opportunities in government and private sector after B.E ECE?

20th July 2012, 12:37 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to work in government sector after studying final year ECE

Electronics and Communication is one branch of Engineering which basically offer jobs in almost every single Public Sector Undertakings in India. Therefore chances of a government job after completing Electronics and Communication Engineering is much high then some other branches of Engineering.

First thing you need to know before applying for the government job is that there is no direct entry for government jobs in India. While many Public Sector Undertakings and other government agencies do offer jobs to Engineering students, all candidates are required to appear in a entrance exam.

Each Public Sector Undertakings as well government agency conducts its own entrance exam. The details of these exams are made available online on their official website or on the leading newspapers in the country. The admission process for these entrance exams are also mentioned in the job ad. Every year PSU and government agencies post a job pointing out the job openings for which you can apply.

Now there is a eligiblity criteria to apply for PSU and government agency job. While some criteria may differ from post to post and company to company, there are some basic requirements which you need to fulfill. Here are the details:

All candidates should be Indian Citizen

As per government rule your age should be between 21 to 30 years to apply for job.

According to the rules of central government, upper age relaxation of up to 5 years is given to candidates belonging to reserve category.

You should have B.Tech degree with at least 60 percent marks.

Again as per the rules of central government, 5 percent relaxation is given to candidates from SC/ST and Other Backward Classes.

Public Sector Undertakings may also require to see your GATE score. Without a valid GATE score, you may not get job in any PSU. While a good GATE score may get you direct entry for job in PSU without having to go through entrance exams.

ECIL.

BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED - BSNL.

BHEL

BHARAT ELECTRONICS LIMITED - BEL.

DRDO

INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANIZATION - ISRO.

ONGC

MTNL.

IOCL

SAIL.

NTPC.

CDAC

INDIAN RAILWAYS

Various engineering and scientist posts are available in the companies and agencies mentiond above. More details about the jobs are only made available in the job ad by the concerned agency.

20th July 2012, 01:42 PM
sheenam_mittal13

Dear the requirements are varying form dept to dept and post to post, here are some general requirements for the same

As per government rule your age should be between 21 to 30 years to apply for job.

According to the rules of central government, upper age relaxation of up to 5 years is given to candidates belonging to reserve category.

Again as per the rules of central government, 5 percent relaxation is given to candidates from SC/ST and Other Backward Classes.

Public Sector Undertakings may also require to see your GATE score. Without a valid GATE score, you may not get job in any PSU. While a good GATE score may get you direct entry for job in PSU without having to go through entrance exams.
ECIL
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED - BSNL
BHEL
BHARAT ELECTRONICS LIMITED - BEL
DRDO
INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANIZATION - ISRO
ONGC
MTNL
IOCL
SAIL
NTPC
CDAC
INDIAN RAILWAYS
Various engineering and scientist posts are available in the companies and agencies mentiond above. More details about the jobs are only made available in the job ad by the concerned agency. or you can register to sarkarinaukari.com for govt jobs.

20th July 2012, 03:53 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Each Public Sector Undertakings as well government agency conducts its own entrance exam. The details of these exams are made available online on their official website or on the leading newspapers in the country. The admission process for these entrance exams are also mentioned in the job ad. Every year PSU and government agencies post a job pointing out the job openings for which you can apply.

Now there is a eligiblity criteria to apply for PSU and government agency job. While some criteria may differ from post to post and company to company, there are some basic requirements which you need to fulfill. Here are the details:

ECIL.

BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED - BSNL.

BHEL

BHARAT ELECTRONICS LIMITED - BEL.

DRDO

INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANIZATION - ISRO.

ONGC

20th July 2012, 05:36 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my name is prabakaran, studying final year ece. i would like to work in govt posts .so show me some prior jobs to ece
HI!
After passing final year in in E.C.E branch you have many option like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.E.S
> COMBINE DEFENCE SERVICES
> INDIAN FORESTRY SERVICES
> BANK P.O
> INDIAN RAILWAYS
> INDIAN POSTAL SERVICES
etc

For all this you have to qualify the entrance exam conduced by U.P.S.C etc.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?