31st May 2012, 01:57 AM
Mohammad Daud khan

How to write CAT exam after scoring 60% in high school and 54% in intermediate?

Hello,
My name is MOHAMMAD DAUD KHAN and i am persuing my b.com 2nd yr, i've get 60% in high school and 54% in intermediate, i want to write cat exams and get admission in iims,
pLz reply me and kindly give me your opinion to me and what should i do for get my bright future.
Thanking you in an anticipation.

31st May 2012, 08:08 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to write CAT exam after scoring 60% in high school and 54% in intermediate?

Hi dear,................
AS you are now continuing your B.com 2nd year , To apply for CAT exam you have to be a graduate first .
The details eligibility criteria are as follows..........

The list of best MBA college which you can get after CAT exam if you get good rank.........

Good luck...........
31st May 2012, 10:02 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to write CAT exam after scoring 60% in high school and 54% in intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammad Daud khan View Post
Hello,
My name is MOHAMMAD DAUD KHAN and i am persuing my b.com 2nd yr, i've get 60% in high school and 54% in intermediate, i want to write cat exams and get admission in iims,
pLz reply me and kindly give me your opinion to me and what should i do for get my bright future.
CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management once in a year .

To apply for this examination , candidate must have passed graduate degree wih any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and candidate must secure at least 50% aggregate marks in their examination ( 45% aggregate marks for reserved categories ) .

Candidate who are appearing in the final year of graduate degree may also eligible to apply for CAT entrance examination and Pre-final year of degree may not eligible to apply . There is no backlogs at the time of appearing for CAT entrance examination .

So , after completing degree with 50% aggregate mark in your exam then you can apply for this examination .

CAT exam Pattern :-
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • Logical Reasoning
  • Data Sufficient
  • Date Interpretation
  • Verbal ability

Stage of this exam :-
  • Written exam
  • Group Discussion
  • Personal Interview

CAT Score accepting colleges :-
  • IIM Ahmedabad
  • IIM Bangalore
  • IIM Calcutta
  • IIM Lucknow
  • Lovely Professional University
  • IFMER Chennai
  • Amrita School of Business
  • Army Institute of Management
  • Institute of Business Management & Research
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade

This year notification will be publish in the month of Oct or Nov in the official website as well as employment news paper .

More details , Visit the official website :- http://www.catiim.in/
31st May 2012, 10:20 AM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
as you told that you are in second year so you are not eligible for cat right now, you will be eligible when you will be passed or either in third year.
if you score 50% in your graduation then only you become eligible for cat otherwise not.
the cat exam held a single time in a year in the month of november and december. the mode of the cat exam is on- line.
exam details of cat:
total duration- 150 minutes.
total number of questions- 60.
total number of sections- 3.
sectional time limit- no.
marks per question- 1.
negative marking- 1/3 per wrong answer.
sectional details of cat.
section- 1.
quantitative aptitude- 13 questions.
data sufficiency- 7 questions.
section-2
logical reasoning- 13 question.
data interpretations- 7 questions.
section-3
reading comprehension- 8 questions.
verbal ability- 12 questions.
friend sorry to say that your academic results are not too good so you cant get any iims, but you can get other top colleges so go and just prepare for the exam along with your b.com.
all the best.
31st May 2012, 10:35 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,
CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management once in a year .

To apply for this examination , candidate must have passed graduate degree wih any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and candidate must secure at least 50% aggregate marks in their examination ( 45% aggregate marks for reserved categories ) .

Candidate who are appearing in the final year of graduate degree may also eligible to apply for CAT entrance examination and Pre-final year of degree may not eligible to apply . There is no backlogs at the time of appearing for CAT entrance examination .

So , after completing degree with 50% aggregate mark in your exam then you can apply for this examination .

IIM Ahmedabad
IIM Bangalore
IIM Calcutta
IIM Lucknow
Lovely Professional University
IFMER Chennai
Amrita School of Business
Army Institute of Management
Institute of Business Management & Research
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade

CAT exam Pattern :-
Quantitative Aptitude
Logical Reasoning
Data Sufficient
Date Interpretation
Verbal ability

Stage of this exam :-
Written exam
Group Discussion
Personal Interview

thanks
31st May 2012, 10:50 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST, is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to MBA(Master of Business Administration) course.

The percentage of mark secured in 10th and 12th is immaterial for application to CAT.

The candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University with no upper age limitation. There is also no restriction to number of attempts to CAT.

The selection is through three stages:-

-Written exam
-Group Discussion
-Personal Interview

Written exam is computer based all objective type questions on the subjects:-

-Quantitative Aptitude
-Logical Reasoning
-Data Interpretation
-Verbal Ability

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
31st May 2012, 12:50 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Common Aptitude Test

CAT examination is conduct for the MBA aspirants.
you are eligible for CAT.you have to perform really well for getting into good college.

CAT Minimum Eligibility

1.Graduation in any discipline from recognized university.
2.50% marks in graduation.
3.Final year student can also apply.

Entrance Examination subjects

1.Quantitative apptitude
2.English language
3.Logical reasonig
4.General awareness

IIM Ahmedabad
IIM Bangalore
IIM Calcutta
IIM Lucknow
Lovely Professional University
IFMER Chennai
Amrita School of Business
Army Institute of Management
Institute of Business Management & Research
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade

This year notification will be publish in the month of Oct or Nov in the official website as well as employment news paper .

More details , Visit the official website :- http://www.catiim.in/

good luck
31st May 2012, 01:23 PM
belidepriyanka

Smile Re: How to write CAT exam after scoring 60% in high school and 54% in intermediate?

HI...
As a student of who had secured 60% is an eligibility criteria for attempting the CAT to get seat in colleges like IIM but you need to get good rank in CAT..
but the student who has not completed graduation is not eligible for it..
you need to be free from backlocks in graduation...
all the best...
31st May 2012, 04:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To attend CAT exam, you need to first complete your B.Com course. Graduates from a recognized institute can apply for this course. You can also appear for the exam when you are in B.Com final year if you will have your mark sheet at the time of joining for the course. Those who want to attend CAT exam need to get 50% marks in graduation. If you clear this exam, with a good score you will be given chance to attend GD and personal interview. Those who clear all the 3 levels will get admission in IIMs.
8th July 2012, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

hello friends..m persuaing engineering ..n i m planning for m.b.a..what do u think....what special prep. i had to perform..as i had no relation wid the commerce field...n i am a avg. student..so how much tym wud it need to get prepared for c.a.t examination....plz rply.
16th May 2013, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

can i write cat on the basis of commerce
21st May 2013, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I m a Company Secretary[ICSI member] . i have done my graduation from ignou. I have 80% in 10th[CBSE] and 68% [state board] in 12th. would i be able to make it to IIMs if i get a good percentile in CAT?? please reply keepin in mind that i m a graduate frm ignou.
25th June 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

hi ,
i am aparna , i am persuing my b.com, i'ot 90% in high school and 93.9% in intermediate. if i got good rank in cat exam after my degree , when i will get job? i dont have any information regarding CAT. So please tell me the total information about cat and after that?
THANK YOU.
26th June 2013, 05:08 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
Only final year students and graduates can apply for CAT. Since you are now in the second year therefore wait till you get to the third year to be considered eligible for this exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is an All India Entrance Test and this examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management. To pursue MBA, CAT is considered by one and all since it is indeed the most popular MBA Entrance Exam in our country at the moment.

To sit for CAT exam you need to be a graduate. The degree can be attained in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. This is the main prerequisite which needs be satisfied.

In addition to that at raduation level you need to get minimum 50% of marks in aggregate to sit for this examination. The SC/ST/PWD Candidates needs to get 45% of marks in aggregate.

As mentioned earlier this exam can also be given by final year students who are waiting for their results to come out or intending to sit for the final year exam. There is no age criteria to follow as such and you can give this exam for as many times you want.

Selection process basically includes the written examination, group discussion and interview session. The top colleges also gives special importance to work experience and academic background of a student as well.

For the CAT written exam give stress on the following areas:-
  1. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
  2. Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

A total of 30 questions will be asked from each section and you will get 70 mins to complete each of the section. There is negative marking too and before the start of the exam you will get fifteen minutes to read the paper which needs to be utilized judiciously.

Top Colleges Which Accepts CAT Score(Apart from IIM's):-
  1. Acharya Institute of Management, Bangalore (Accepts MAT/KMAT/PGCET)
  2. Alliance Business Academy, Bangalore
  3. Amity Business School, Noida
  4. Army Institute of Management, Kolkata
  5. Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
  6. Department of Management Studies - Christ College, Bangalore
  7. Department of Management Studies - NIT Durgapur( Accepts CMAT)
  8. Department of Management Studies - NIT Trichy
  9. FORE School of Management New Delhi
  10. Faculty of Management Studies - Banaras Hindu University
  11. Gitam School of International Business, Vizag
  12. IIRM Jaipur (Only for Rural Management - accepts MAT)
  13. IMDR, Pune (Accepts CMAT)
  14. Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata
  15. Institute for Technology and Management, Navi Mumbai

Top Coaching Classes for CAT in India:-
  • Fermat Education's 2IIM
  • Career Launcher
  • Career Forum
  • IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
  • Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd

Hope this helps :-> :->
29th June 2013, 04:45 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,

Dear Aspirant,

$$ As you have mention that you have completed your High school and Intermediate and you want to apply for the CAT Exam on the basis of this Qualification then you are not eligible for this examination....

$$ First of all you have to join any Graduation course and you have to completed your Graduation course Or when you are in final year of Graduation you become eligible for this exam....

$$ CAT stands for the Common Admission Test. this exam is conducted for taking admission in the top Business School across India by the Indian Institute of Management four time in year......

$$ A candidate may have to score at least 50% in their Graduation degree to become eligible for it.

$$ Relaxation for SC/ST up to 5% on percentages applicable....

Exam Topics:-

• Data Interpretation
  • Verbal Ability
  • Quantitative Ability
  • Logical Reasoning

Books for CAT Exam:-

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
Author: Rajesh Balasubramanian
Publisher: Access Publishing (2013)
Price: Rs. 385

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 430

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 314

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
29th June 2013, 09:20 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is too early to suggest whether you can appear for Common Admission Test or not. Any candidate can appear for the Common Admission Test based on its percentage in graduation course.

You are currently in the second year of Bachelor of Commerce, therefore it is not possible for you to appear as for now. Only if you managed to complete the Bachelor of Commerce course with required percentage, you can appear for the Common Admission Test.

CAT is actually conducted for management course known as Master of Business Administration. This entrance exam is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management, the best business schools in the country.

Each year under the rotation policy, this test is conducted by the IIMs. Apart from the IIMs, the Indian Institutes of Technology, National Institutes of Technology, Indian Institute of Science and several other colleges also use the CAT score to offer admission for the management courses.

The Common Admission Test is conducted in October/November of every year. You will need to score good marks to have any chance to make it into Indian Institutes of Management.

If you get good marks, do not get carried away and apply for as many IIMs as possible. Then wait for the letter by IIMs. You will be called for interview, group discussion before offering admission.

CAT Eligibility

1. The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree.

2. With at least 50 percent in it.

3. In case of SC/ST, 45 percent marks are required.

Exam Pattern

Quantitative Ability

Data Interpretation

Verbal Ability

Logical Reasoning
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?