21st December 2011, 12:35 PM
sanil gamane

What should I do after passing 12th to become an IPS?

sir i am stundent of bhavans college now i am 11th standard (science) and i am planning for ips after 12th so what should i do so i want a help from you.

26th December 2011, 10:54 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing 12th to become an IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanil gamane View Post
sir i am stundent of bhavans college now i am 11th standard (science) and i am planning for ips after 12th so what should i do so i want a help from you.
As you have mentioned that you are in 11th standard tight now, you have got enough time before you could apply for Indian Police Service.
The examination conducted for selection of IPS officer is regulated by union public service commission and is known as civil service exam.
To write the exam, you need to be a graduate, in any discipline.
The minimum eligible age for the civil service exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.

So, as for now, you need to concentrate on your academic program. Try and do well in your +2 as well as your bachelors degree program. However, if you have already made up your mind to join Indian Police Service, you may definitely start preparation for the same. You must start working hard in subjects like general studies, english, essay writing etc.
28th December 2011, 06:43 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer, you have to clear the CSAT exam conducted by UPSC. The minimum qualification required to appear for the exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year student can also apply for the exam. So, after completing 12th, you have to pursue any bachelor’s degree course from a recognized university. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years. You have to work hard for the exam. You have to read newspapers and magazines daily. Listening to the daily news is also important to update the current affairs. Refer standard books for good score. Also, work out previous year question papers.
21st February 2012, 12:58 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What should I do after passing 12th to become an IPS?

Quote:
Dear Aspirant

For your kind information you can join in IPS only after passing any Graduation course.

-IPS : Indian Police Service.The entrance exam for the post of IPS is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) known as Civil Service Exam.

Requirements for IPS:

-You have to pass Graduation course in any stream from recognized institute.

-Candidate appeared in final year of such program also eligible to apply.

-No restriction on minimum percentage of marks.

-Your age must be in between 21 to 30years(for BC 21 to 33years & for Sc/st 21 to 35years)

-You must be an Indian Citizen.

-One has completed his/her M.B.B.S.,can also apply.

Physical requirements:

Syllabus for IPS entrance Exam: See attachment file.

IPS Civil Service Exam has three Stage:

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

Preliminary Exam Pattern

Main Exam Pattern

>>For any other information you can check at upsc official website:

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: docx ips full syllabus.docx(12.6 KB, 107 views)
21st February 2012, 01:59 PM
kartik23

Thumbs up Re: What should I do after passing 12th to become an IPS?

Quote:
dear student ,

As you are in 12th standard and you further go for ips You have to pass Graduation course(compulsory) in any stream from recognized institute/university.

some of the common criteria that you should know :

-Candidate appeared in final year of such program also eligible to apply.
-Your age must be in between 21 to 30years(for BC 21 to 33years & for Sc/st 21 to 35years)
-No restriction on minimum percentage of marks.
-You must be an Indian Citizen.
-One has completed his/her M.B.B.S.,can also apply

three basic Stages:

Preliminary Exam : paper1: 200 marks,2 hrs
paper2: 200 marks,2hrs
Main Exam : paper1: one of the indian language to be selected
from 18 prescribed language . 300 marks
paper2: English 300 marks
paper3: essay 200 marks
paper4,5: general studies (2 papers)
(300+300) = 600 marks
paper6,7,8,9: any two subjects out of 25 prescribed
subjects and having 2 papers each
carring 300 marks for each of the
papers.

Interview : simple interview test of 300 marks
AND after that u just clear................................GOOD LUCK
21st February 2012, 04:10 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
After passing 12th you have to pass graduation with any stream you want..
I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
21st February 2012, 04:34 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation which is really appreciable. but as you just have completed your class 12th, so you are not eligible for appear in the civil service examinations , conducted by UPSC [union public service commission].
The minimum educational requirement for this civil service examinations is the graduation degree in any stream from the recognized college.

In order to become a IPS officer, you must have to clear the civil service examination, which have three stages-
1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVIECE ATTITUDE TEST ]
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

At the CSAT level there are 25 subjects to opt.

The examination pattern of this CSAT examination is -

Physical requirement for this examination is -

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates....

No. of attempts-
4 for the GENERAL candida6tes,
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,....

THANK YOU!!!!
~GAMBLE~
21st February 2012, 05:30 PM
er.skp.me

Quote:
Dear friend to be eligible for ips you should have a bachelor's degree from any of the recognized university with a minimum marks of 35%, after 12th you cannot appear for upsc exam, after your degree you have appear for upsc exams
best of luck
25th February 2012, 01:43 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you have mentioned that you are in 11th standard tight now, you have got enough time before you could apply for Indian Police Service.
The examination conducted for selection of IPS officer is regulated by union public service commission and is known as civil service exam.
To write the exam, you need to be a graduate, in any discipline.
The minimum eligible age for the civil service exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.The minimum qualification required to appear for the exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year student can also apply for the exam. So, after completing 12th, you have to pursue any bachelor’s degree course from a recognized university. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years. You have to work hard for the exam. You have to read newspapers and magazines daily.

good luck
25th February 2012, 10:10 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
After passing 12th you have to complete you graduation in any stream you want after that you can apply for I.P.S..

For I.P.S you have to qualify the Civil services exam..

Civil service exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

For open category candidate maximum 4 attempts is given..
For ST/SC candidate minimum 7 attempts is given..

GOOD LUCK!
26th May 2012, 02:13 AM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

yes ..!!
after +2 you become an IPS officer by clearing the entrance exam conducted by the organization but i think you should drop ane year to get more knowledge to clear the exam.
3rd June 2012, 01:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

UPSC conducts a preliminary exam every year for the same. But after 12th also you will need a degree or equivalent qualification. But you can appear in the exam in your final year of the degree also.

Age limit-
On the first august of the year of examination you must be at least 21 years of age and maxmimum 30 years. The upper age limit for obc candidates is 33 years and Sc/ST candidate is 35 years

Here is the procedure

1) First of all you will have to get the application form and information brochure from any post office

2)A preliminary exam will be conducted arounf may or june.
there will be two papers - one of 150 marks of General studies
and other of 300 marks of optional subject.

3) After qualifying it you will have to give a final exam consisting of 9 paper-
-4 optional subject papers of 300 marks each
-2 general studies paper of 300 marks each
-1 english qualifying paper
-2 essay type papers

4) The last step will be the interview
23rd October 2012, 10:27 PM
suraj391

hi
hello
IPS : Indian Police Service.

The entrance exam for the post of IPS is conducted by
UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)
known as Civil Service Exam.

IPS examination is also known as the civil services examination which
is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the selection of the talented
candidates of India for the post of IPS officer. IPS officer job is consider as
the one of the best job of India. To appear in the IPS examination you
need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University.
The final year graduation students are also eligible to appear in the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category student.

If you are doing graduation then according to eligibility criteria you will be eligible for the IPS examination is in the final year of graduation or after passing the graduation degree. This is the basic eligibility criteria of the IPS exam. For any more information please visit the official website of the UPSC:
http://www.upsc.gov.in

thaxsssss
29th October 2012, 02:25 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

EDUCATION QULIFICATION

Post graduation courses etc.

Minimum 50% aggregate in academics subjects.
Good communication skills.

AGE CRITERIA

21 to 30 yrs for general
21 t 33 yrs for obc
21 to 35 yrs for sc/st
21 to 40 yrs for PH

NO OF ATTEMPTS:

4 for general candidate
7 attempts for obc candidates
no restriction for sc/st

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

1. Written examination.
2. Personal interview.
3. Medical test.
30th October 2012, 12:05 AM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

SORRY YOU CAN'T BECOME IPS AFTER 12TH
To become an IPS
(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year bu applying and appearing the examination.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should maintain the minimum Physical requirements such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm whikle SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The civil Service exam can be applied through both off line and on line mode by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to

ALL THE BEST..........
30th October 2012, 12:06 AM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

SORRY YOU CAN'T BECOME IPS AFTER 12TH
To become an IPS
(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year bu applying and appearing the examination.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should maintain the minimum Physical requirements such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm whikle SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The civil Service exam can be applied through both off line and on line mode by paying requisite fee for the exam.

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to

ALL THE BEST..........
31st October 2012, 09:05 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

Sir!!!
I would like to inform you, the only raduate degree holders are the eligible for the civil service examination like IPS examination,. So you are not eligible yet for the IPS examination
As you are in 11th class so, you can not appear for this examination yet,. First of all you must have to complete your graduation, and after that, you can apply for this civil service examination,.
As the minimum educational qualification needed for this civil service examination is a graduation degree,.
This civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC ,.UPSC stands for the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION . , In order to being that, you must have to clear the civil service examination.As you are an undergraduate, so you are not eligible for the civil service examination yet.

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in way to become a IPS,.--

1. CSAT(CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT exam pattern-

No. of optional subjects ion CSAT--

Educational requirements--

A graduation degree in any stream but from a recognized college.

Age limit-

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidate,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,

IPS PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY--

You must have Indian nationality.

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
28th January 2013, 10:50 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
IPS stands for Indian police Service and this Examination is conducted by Union public service Commission for every twice in a year .

As of now your an 12th standard . At this stage your not eligible for IPS Examination . If your interested to apply for this Examination then you should Complete graduation from recognized University . So, After Completing your Graduation your may apply for Bachelor degree Course .

For Ips Examination there is no Minimum percentage of marks require for this Examination . So, After completing your graduation course you may apply for Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union public service Commission for every year .

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :-

Education Qualification :-

The Candidate who aspiring to alpply for civil service examination , than the candidate should be graduate ( Bachelor degree Course ) in any discipline from the recognized university. the Final year Candidate are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit

The Candidate applying for the civil service examination , Than the candidate age should in between 21 to 30 years.
Relaxation Given for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Number of Attempt :-

4 times for General candidates
7 times for OBC candidates
No Limit for sc/st candidates (Till the age of 35)

For More Information please Visit Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
28th January 2013, 10:59 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
IPS stands for Indian police Service and this Examination is conducted by Union public service Commission for every twice in a year .

As of now your an 12th standard . At this stage your not eligible for IPS Examination . If your interested to apply for this Examination then you should Complete graduation from recognized University . So, After Completing your Graduation your may apply for Bachelor degree Course .

For Ips Examination there is no Minimum percentage of marks require for this Examination . So, After completing your graduation course you may apply for Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union public service Commission for every year .

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :-

Education Qualification :-

The Candidate who aspiring to alpply for civil service examination , than the candidate should be graduate ( Bachelor degree Course ) in any discipline from the recognized university. the Final year Candidate are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit

The Candidate applying for the civil service examination , Than the candidate age should in between 21 to 30 years.
Relaxation Given for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Number of Attempt :-

4 times for General candidates
7 times for OBC candidates
No Limit for sc/st candidates (Till the age of 35)

For More Information please Visit Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
29th January 2013, 10:05 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Apart from this the candidate aspiring to join IPS should have minimumphysical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

So after 12th you can start your preparation for IPS Civil Service Exam along with your under Graduate studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th January 2013, 10:41 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

No friend you are not eligible for IPS(Indian Police Service), this exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required to apply this exam.

You must be a citizen of india.

Age details:-

The age limits are 21 to 30 years,

3years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Preliminary examination,

Mains examination,

Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

General--> 4 times,

OBC --> 7 times,

SC/ST --> No limit.

Syllabus:-

For more details Click Here

Best of luck.
29th January 2013, 01:57 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What should I do after passing 12th to become an IPS?

Quote:

How To Become An IPS Officer

To join the ranks of the Indian Police Service(IPS) you will have to clear the Civil Service Exams which is conducted every year by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

Candidate must have following minimum criterion for appearing for the exam :-

>> Age limit of the candidate must be within 21-30 years..21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> candidate must have also completed graduation from a recognized University in any stream..

>> general candidates have a max of 4 attempts, 7 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST/PD candidates..

So, until you complete your graduation you will not be eligible to appear for the Civil Services Exam..

There are 2 rounds to be cleared in the written exam itself :-

>> Prelims
>> Mains

You can refer to the following books for your preparations of Prelims exam :-

Also visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details on the Civil Services Exam..

You need to clear the following rounds for getting selected :-

>> Written Exam (Prelims + Mains)
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Exam

Go through the paper pattern and the syllabus..

Also go through the physical requirements that you need to satisfy..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 67 views)
File Type: docx IPS Physical Eligibility.docx(10.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 94 views)
29th January 2013, 07:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After completing your 10+2 you can opt for a Graduation degree course if you want to apply for IPS examination.

Please opt for the Graduation subject in which you have interest if you want to become an IPS officer.

You must start preparing for IPS exam from the 1st year of Graduation so that you are well prepared for IPS exam when you complete your Graduation.

If you are General Category or OBC category then you also have to take care of number of attempts because they limited. So you must be well prepared when you are applying for IPS exam.

You can also join coaching if you are not good at self study. There are some good coaching institutes which will help you in preparing for IPS exam.

The selection as an IPS officer will depend upon the marks obtained in following stages:

-Civil Services Aptitude Test

-Civil Services Mains Exam

-Personal Interview

You also have to be in good physical and mental condition if you want to become an IPS officer.

You must have the required height and weight with good eyesight for becoming IPS officer .

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?