6th February 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

IES exam for B.Tech 3rd year student?

can a B.tech 3rd year student is elligible to write ies exam

6th February 2011, 08:10 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IES exam for B.Tech 3rd year student?

No B.tech 3rd year student is not eligible....

after completing your B.tech you will be eligible....

because the requirement is a graduate in engineering from an recognized university....

thanks.........
6th February 2011, 09:02 PM
pawank

Dear freind, You are not eligible for I.E.S. You can attend this exam when you are in final year or pass out of B.tech. So, You will have to wait for one year. Study serious of your subjects bcoz knowledge of these subjects are required in I.E.S. All the best for your future
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Details about I.E.S..pdf(143.4 KB, 47 views)
6th February 2011, 09:09 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

No, B,tech 3rd Year Students Are Not Eligible to Apply For IES Exams.

So, To Appear In IES Exams, You Should Have an Engineering degree from a Recognized University. If You Have In Final year, Then You Are Also Eligible to Appear in This Exams.

So, You are not Eligible for IES Exam in 3rd year But You Can Try in Final Year. The Exam is Conducted in These Disciplines-

Civil Engineering,

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

So, When You Are In Final year Of B.tech, Then You Are Eligible To Apply for IES Exams.

But Now You Are Not Eligible To Appear In IES Exams.
6th February 2011, 09:36 PM
n.shireesha

Thumbs up Re: IES exam for B.Tech 3rd year student?

if u r a GATE qualifier it is easy to do IES. n better to do after 3-2 exams.
6th February 2011, 09:51 PM
gurpreetrodger

u can apply next year for the IES .
only degree holders and last year students can apply for that i m also in third year and i think what i have written....

best of luck
6th February 2011, 10:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

As per the rules only those who have cleared their graduation can appear for this year. However, those in their final year can also appear for the exam. The candidate should have completed the course at the time of joining. So you can start preparing for these exams rightaway.Solving previous year paper too will help.
6th February 2011, 11:17 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

the eligible four engineering branch eligible for IES examination are

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

now if you are from this branch and you have already passed or you are in last year then only you are eligible for Indian engineering service examination.

for more information about the IES examination visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

B.Tech third year student are not eligible for IES examination. because the IES written examination qualified students will be called for interview in the month of February in Next year tentatively. at that time you have to show all the original certificate of your academic qualification and also you must passed B.Tech at that time. but now 3rd student will not pass B.Tech at that time. they will be in fourth year. so they will unable to show the pass certificate. that is why B.Tech third year students are not eligible.

but do not worry. chance will come next year. so you should prepare for the examination from now.

here i am attaching the recent notification for the IES examination. submission of application form is going on for this advertisement. visit the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in for online submission of forms. last date of submission of application form is 7th February. go through the attachment for more information before applying.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 60 views)
6th February 2011, 11:25 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Minimum Eligibility for IES exam is a Bachelor's degree in engineering(B.E\B.Tech) from a recognized institution.
It also has provisions for students of the final year who intend to give such a qualifying exam the same year to appear.

However, students of pre-final year such as yourself are not eligible.
But do not worry, you can apply the next year.

I have attached the IES advertisement for detailed eligibility for your reference.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES Advertisemnet - 2011.pdf(143.4 KB, 48 views)
6th February 2011, 11:43 PM
mukul0094
Banned

No, friend only final year or B.Tech passed student are eligible for IES examination. Computer science and I.T branch are not eligible for IES examination. If you are in 3rd year of B.Tech then you are not eligible for IES exam. For more information please see the website http://www.upsc.in
all the best.
7th February 2011, 12:38 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

A 3rd year student is not eligible for IES [Indian Engineering Service] exam.
But a final year student can appear for exam while still in last year of degree.
7th February 2011, 03:12 AM
Renuka PRASAD

i am not sure about it ......but tomo is the llast date for it .....
7th February 2011, 03:57 PM
mohit brh

sorry you are not eligible this to appear or apply for IES exam but you will be eligible next year so you can make preparation and apply next year.
Educational Qualifications :
obtained a degree in Engineering from a recognize University/college
obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time,
8th February 2011, 03:51 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: IES exam for B.Tech 3rd year student?

Quote:
As from the Notification Of Engineering Services Exam conducted by UPSC government are

A guy need to have Following Minimum Educational Qualification For admission to the examination

(a) A degree in Engineering from a Recognized University

(b) obtained a degree Or diploma in Engineering from such foreign University Or College Or Institution

(c) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).

And you are in Third Year Right now. So, for that purpose you can't Write IES Exam for now. But don't worry Next year you can Right, You think that you Woke early and you need to study For IES from now onwards.

Go, and have coaching For IES, if you think you can do it on your own. Thats perfect, But if you can't, Then must take a coaching Class For IES.

Good luck.
8th February 2011, 04:45 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello friend

Sorry friend you are not eligible to appear the IES exam.The minimum qualification in this regard is to completion of graduation course from any of the recognized university or institute.The final year students are also eligible to appear in the exam.

Best of luck...
29th July 2011, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

i am in b tech 3rd year now.can i write ies next yr even though i am not eligible so that i may know where i stand?
30th July 2011, 05:34 PM
aroy8091

dear friend,

No, 3rd year students cann't apply for the IES examination. because it requires graduation degree from any recognized university.
Otherwise final year students can also apply for the exam .

one can apply for this exam if they were doing b.tech from
below discipline:-

electrical engineering
mechanical engineering
civil engineering
electrical & electronics engineering

best of luck.........
30th July 2011, 08:39 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,
a b.tech 3rd year student is not eligible to give the ies exam. this is because the minimum qualifications required for giving the exam is that the student must have done engineering (in mechanical, electrical, electronics and telecommunication or civil) with a minimum marks of 60%.
the age limit for giving the exam is 21 to 30 years and which can increase upto 5 more years for sc/st students.
the notification regarding the date of sale of application form comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam and to get previous year's question papers, you must visit
www.upsc.gov.in
17th September 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

can a student having back papers can apply for ies exam
23rd December 2012, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i am m.tech dual(dual degree) student of electrical engineering currently i am in 4th year.I want to know am i eligible for ies 2013 .
my email id-:[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?