11th March 2016, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

If anyone want to become an IAS, his maths should be good enough?

I have a dream to become an IAS as it's my childhood dream, but my maths is not too good if i have to take commerce to become an ias, my maths should be good.

Related Questions:
  1. Where can I get coaching for Maths subject(IAS exam) in Delhi?
  2. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths?
  3. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  4. Career options after commerce+maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What to do after completing graduation in BSc Mathematics with 48%?
  6. Can I become an IAS/IPS officer after passing commerce but not interested in Maths? What should I choose between IP and Hindi?
  7. Preferred subject to choose in graduation in order to prepare for IAS?
  8. List of career in mathematics except MSc?
  9. Which subjects should I take after passing 10th? I want to give IAS after graduation
  10. Good coaching centers in Chennai for Maths(Optional Paper) for IAS?
  11. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  12. Will there be any Coaching Institute in Bangalore for IAS Main Exam in Maths and Public Administration?
  13. Where can I find coaching centers for Chemistry subject in IAS exam?
  14. Which optional to choose for IAS exam?
  15. After 12th can I do IAS? If I have scored 84 marks in accountancy and have taken Maths as an additional subject can I do it?
  16. Is MSc Maths a good option after BSc Computer Science with 2 years of gap? How to prepare for the exam? Best colleges in Hyderabad to do MSc Maths? Career opportunities after doing MSc Maths except teaching?
  17. What should I do for IAS and IPS?
  18. What to do to become an IAS officer? Can I become one if I don't have Maths in my graduation?
11th March 2016, 08:23 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: If anyone want to become an IAS, his maths should be good enough?

No. Maths is not enough to become IAS. You will require special preparation to crack the entrance exam.

IAS Eligibility
- You must be Indian Citizen.
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 32 years. Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum 6 attemps are allowed for general category. For OBC maximum 9 attemps allowed. No restriction for SC/ST.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

IAS Important Dates
- Starts of Online Regostration : 23/04/2016
- Last Date to Apply : 20/05/2016
- IAS Preliminary Exam : 07/08/2016
- IAS Main Exam : 03/12/2016
11th March 2016, 11:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

This is not compulsory that a candidate must be good at Mathematics in order to crack Civil Services examination to join Indian Administrative Services. From 2015, Civil Services aptitude Test has been made qualifying and in order to clear this paper, a candidate must score only 33% marks. So, there is hardly need of mathematics. Even if you have some good basic knowledge of mathematics upto tenth standard, you can easily score 33% marks in CSAT.

Main focus has to be on General studies and your optional subjects so as to clear different stages of this exam. You must be graduate to apply for this exam and minimum age limit is 21 years.
12th March 2016, 12:09 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a dream to become an IAS as it's my childhood dream, but my maths is not too good if i have to take commerce to become an ias, my maths should be good.
If you wish to clear IAS Exam, then you must have good command on Mathematics of at least 10th level.

Because, 10th level mathematics will be asked in IAS preliminary Exam or CSAT exam.

So, you must be perfect in 10th standard mathematics in order to solve those numerical questions.

In addition, you will have to face logical reasoning and aptitude questions.

Here, is the syllabus for Preliminary Exam:

You may refer following books for preparation:

Trishna's CSAT: Supercourse in English Language Comprehension and Reading Comprehension (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 215

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper 2) 2015 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 740

Indian Economy for Civil Services Examination (English) 6th Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 378

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination Paper - 1 (2014) (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 1,250

CSAT 2015 (Paper II) Volume - 1 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 459
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?