23rd June 2011, 08:58 AM
sprasanth2hi

If I lie to the company about my backlogs then will it affect my chances during the interview?

Sir i have three backlogs in my acedemic year.But now clear all the papers.Now try for job at this time i have a call from a company and they ask for backlogs i tell no backlogs in voice.Is this is affect my interview on the time to face an interview.After telling this to that company i am very much confused.so please clear my Confusion.

Related Questions:
  1. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  2. Can i study MS in US after clearing my backlogs? Will the cleared backlogs affect admission chances?
  3. Whether gap of 5 years between 10th and 12th will affect my job chances or not?
  4. Chances of getting rejected during Visa interview if have 18 backlogs?
  5. After MS can I do PhD or whether backlogs of graduation will affect?
  6. Is there any difficulty in applying for a Visa if completed B.Tech with 24 backlogs in 5 years and having 3 years of experience?
  7. How much percentage is needed to get a call from IIM's? Will my backlogs affect my chances for admission in the IIM's
  8. Is there any difficulty to study MS in US through GRE and TOEFL if had 4 backlogs in B.Tech?
  9. Whether NIOS certificate will affect my placement chances in top MNCs or not?
  10. Will Backlogs affect the placements?
  11. Chances of Visa cancellation for a candidate who is working as a System Administrator and having 5 backlogs in B.Tech?
  12. Will backlogs affect my job opportunities? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  14. Will there be a problem in campus placement if I had backlog during my 1st year of B.E studies?
  15. Backlogs and a year gap how bad will it affect my job opportunities?
  16. What are the chances that I will get admission in a decent university of USA having 25 backlogs? Will it hamper my chances to get F1 Visa?
  17. Should Backlogs be mentioned in Resume?
  18. Revaluation of pending backlogs will affect me in attending Campus placements? -- [New]
30th July 2011, 02:36 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Default Re: If I lie to the company about my backlogs then will it affect my chances during the interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprasanth2hi View Post
Sir i have three backlogs in my acedemic year.But now clear all the papers.Now try for job at this time i have a call from a company and they ask for backlogs i tell no backlogs in voice.Is this is affect my interview on the time to face an interview.After telling this to that company i am very much confused.so please clear my Confusion.
they want a complete set of of 8th marksheet of btech .so either you had clear your exam but in the semester in which you had got backlog you have to sumbit your all two marksheet since the marksheet wuth backlog is marked with star in the subjects which you got back.
so please do not tell lie
26th November 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: If I lie to the company about my backlogs then will it affect my chances during the interview?

i am in second year electronics and telecommunications under pune university. i have 2 backlogs from first year and my percentage is also in the range of 45-49%. my second year first semester exams havent gone very well either. i expect a 40 in each subject. can you tell me how this will affect my future job opportunities?
i plan to go abroad for masters, will my low percentage stop me from going abroad?
22nd March 2012, 06:45 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in second year electronics and telecommunications under pune university. i have 2 backlogs from first year and my percentage is also in the range of 45-49%. my second year first semester exams havent gone very well either. i expect a 40 in each subject. can you tell me how this will affect my future job opportunities?
i plan to go abroad for masters, will my low percentage stop me from going abroad?
Dear friend,
you are in first year, still you have time to improve your percentage and clear your backlogs. And yes with 45-49% you will definitely have problem in getting admission in any university of abroad for doing master. As for MS minimum you need 80% above.

So try to increase your marks and get good percentage at least above 75%.
Till 4th year clear your backlog as many companies for jobs and universities for higher studies demand no standing backlog.

Thank you
Best wishes
27th July 2012, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

hi iam pursuing b.tech in IT branch i have 1 active back and one passive back is there any chances of bright fuure plz help me iam so depressed
12th August 2012, 12:30 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi iam pursuing b.tech in IT branch i have 1 active back and one passive back is there any chances of bright fuure plz help me iam so depressed
Dear friend,

No need to get depress. Have patience and wait. you first have to clear your backlogs as there are very less companies which allow 1 or 2 arrear and also they dont want any current arrear. so just clear them and then start applying for job.I am sure you can handle your future very well.

Thank you
Best wishes
Have patience
26th January 2015, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i have backlog of one subject in v semseter b.com can i get a job in the meanwhile i have done a short term course in sap
26th March 2015, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

sir now am in b.tech final year am planing for mba and mba college staff forcing me to block the seat in mba my dowt is if i block the seat before results only then after results if i have any backlogs then can i elagible to join dat college??
27th March 2015, 08:19 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprasanth2hi View Post
Yes, of course.

This will create severe problem. While submitting your resume to the HR manager, you acknowledge at the bottom saying that the details provided are correct.

My advice is that,

Before you sit for the interview, try to clear your backlog.

If not, kindly tell them that you will clear it before joining the job. That would like asking an excuse.

9th December 2015, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I am in 4th b.tech in electrical but I have 3 backlogs but I want do good job if backlogs effect on job
10th December 2015, 02:54 PM
uvnaidu
Junior Member+

Well,
In interview there is no problem because you don't need to submit the certificates at the time of interview.But if you qualified interview on that time you have to submit your academic certificates ,so here you have to face severe problems when you are lying about your education.That's why don't tell lie to any one in interview..
31st March 2016, 11:32 PM
work@home

Never lies about your academic profile, especially in your resume that you are submitting. Every reputed companies conducts a crosscheck of your certificates before you are selected for job. So at the time of verification, if you fail to submit the correct documents, you will be rejected and also there is a chance of getting fired. So never try such thing.

Don't regret on your failures, instead search for the possibilities. You can get into startups or in companies as a trainee and could build up a good career by the experience over there. So better go for that option.
7th June 2019, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

My son has completed diploma in mech but had 2 arrears. He has applied for revaluation. What are the options for him now
4th August 2019, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I am student of ip university. And after 4th year still i have 1 backlog so i will effect in my job seeking?
24th May 2021, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

During my interview in job description it was written in eligible criteria that no backlog. But i thought I will just give a try but luckily I got selected and ny joining period is on July 2021 and my back exam is in July and they are asking me for the documents before joining. What should I do please help. Should I tell HR the truth?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?