27th May 2010, 05:05 PM
ajinkyajoshi

IHM-A: Topics in general discussion and personal interviews? Scope of Hotel Management course from IHM-A?

hello i m giving ihm-a entrance to b held on 4th of june at aurangabad ,i just wanted to kno tht what type of topics will b der in group discussion,personal interviews r of what type and most importantly r there ample job oppu. once da cource is done? i also wanted to kno da danger side of this streme and da risks involved as far as da jobs and monatary thing is concerned.can u give me some idea of fee structure at ihm-a for hotel managment and hospitality cource?as there is no one i kno who is in this field i wanted help
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Related Questions:
  1. Does IHM offers Diploma in Hotel Management course? Total fee of this course in IHM?
  2. MBA in hospitality from IHM after b.sc in hotel management? forms?
  3. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Master of Hotel Management in IHM, Hyderabad? Total Fee expenses of this course?
  4. How to do Hotel Management in IHM college? What is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the eligibility fro admission of BSc in hotel management
  6. How to join a Cruise after completing B.Sc in Hotel Management from IHM? -- [New]
  7. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor of Hotel Management in IHM? Total fee of BHM in IHM?
  8. How to join Hotel Management and what is the fee structure in IHM college of hotel management
  9. Can I do graduation in Hotel Management after passing 12th science stream? Can I get admission in IHM Dadar without answering IIT JEE? What is the fee structure in IHM Dadar and Mumbai?
  10. Government jobs available for IHM passed Hotel Management students?
  11. What is the fee structure to join IHM college of Hotel management?
  12. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  13. How to get duplicate diploma in hotel management certificate (IHM)?
  14. How may I do Management Training Program from ITDC?What's the applying procedure for the same? I've done B.Sc in hotel management from SAMS IHM Varanasi
  15. Which sector of hotel management job is suitable after completing B.Sc in hotel management from Ranjita IHM Bhubaneshwar?
  16. What is the fee structure of the Hotel Management Colleges? Percentage required to get admission in IHM?
  17. Which is the best college for hotel management between IIHM and IHM? Which course between B,A, BSc Diploma
  18. Is there any entrance exam to study Hotel Management Diploma course in IHM?
29th May 2010, 04:45 PM
danish_ejaz

Default Re: IHM-A: Topics in general discussion and personal interviews? Scope of Hotel Management course from IHM-A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajinkyajoshi View Post
hello i m giving ihm-a entrance to b held on 4th of june at aurangabad ,i just wanted to kno tht what type of topics will b der in group discussion,personal interviews r of what type and most importantly r there ample job oppu. once da cource is done? i also wanted to kno da danger side of this streme and da risks involved as far as da jobs and monatary thing is concerned.can u give me some idea of fee structure at ihm-a for hotel managment and hospitality cource?as there is no one i kno who is in this field i wanted help
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Dont ask this silly question about the topic of group discussion , personal interviews
these are never fixed they may be from current affairs, sports, politics, business and anything
It has a good future perspective depending upon how you work
it is a highly competitive field and unless you have some backing or assured of some vacancies I won't advise you to go in straight and join one on your own.
On the other hand if you have already planned to start one with the locale having been finalised then you can go full steam ahead.
30th May 2010, 02:30 PM
jicks

Default Re: IHM-A: Topics in general discussion and personal interviews? Scope of Hotel Management course from IHM-A?

Dear friend,

IHM conducts written test (90 minutes) where the questions will be objective and based on the following topics:-

Abstract Reasoning
Verbal Reasoning
Numerical Reasoning
Reading Comprehension
General Knowledge

All the above topics are very common for any SSC/Bank exam, and hence if you possess general vocabulary and knowledge and if you are average student, then it is easy to get through it.

You have to get a minimum of 45% in written test to get qualified for Group Discussion/ Personal Interview.

Break-up of marks are as under:-
Written test: 40
Group Discussion: 20
Personal Interview: 40

For Personal Interview,(if you have cleared 2 above) will be based on:-

Communication skill,
Alertness/Analytical skill
General awareness
Warmth/Service orientation
Personality

All the above details are furnished in your application form, or else you can log on to: www.ihma.ac.in
30th May 2010, 04:43 PM
ajinkyajoshi

what r u doing these days danish just giving free advice or what?
11th July 2010, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

dude if u can pay the hefty fees 16lacs yes its 16 lacs then join ihm aurangabad
26th February 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

What about salary?
13th April 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

how much fees require for hotel management?
20th July 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

IF I WOULD PAY 16LACS THN WHT CN I GT BACK AS IN SALARY...............
26th July 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

this is ram from coimbatore.i want to do the phd in Banking industry.kindly give me the topics and guidences
22nd April 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

what is the diffrence btwn Bsc. in hotel managment and BA in hotel managment?
8th June 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

i need the sample paper of the entrance exam...
please help me...
24th November 2012, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that when the application form will be out for this year 2013?
28th April 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that what type of questions will be asked???
can i get some sampel papers for practice???
4th June 2014, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir can i know what is the average and highest package we get at ihm aurangabad!! pls tell me as i am confused bcs i have to pay a sum of 16lacs and what will be the package i will get?? sir pls tell me the package pls!! thank you
22nd July 2014, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Firstly my suggestion will be not to go to IHM Aurangabad. It is only a hyped Institute. Talking from first hand experience the atmoshphere is worse than a prison and the Hostels are infamous for Drinking, Smoking and Drugs! It is 16 lakks plus your additional cost of around 4 lakhs in 4 years. The food in the canteen is so bad that you will not be able to eat anytime. People do get job from the Campus but the pay package is very poor around 8,000-12,000 INR per month. Not worth. No value for money.
11th November 2017, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, now I am in 12th and I am interested to do hotel management but I have a diabetes then I can do hotel management. I mean after completing the hotel management i can do job in hotels.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?