19th June 2012, 11:22 AM
Natasha Jose

Information regarding validity of NATA score?

Can you please letr me know the validity of NATA score?

Related Questions:
17th July 2012, 11:12 PM
nikhu99

Default Re: Information regarding validity of NATA score?

Dear friend ,

Information regarding with validity NATA scores........

NATA Information

About NATA Exam:

NATA is National aptitude test in architecture. 10+2 or PUC students who want to pursue a career in architecture will have to qualify NATA for securing an admission in any of the architecture colleges in India. NATA is conducted by COA – Council of Architecture.

***Taking the NATA test

NATA can be given from 1st January till 30th September every year at designated Test Centers.
Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The candidate may take NATA any number of times subject to availability of appointment at the Test Centers. However, full fees will have to be paid for every new attempt.

***Important: Keep in mind the CET cells of each state may each have a different date as a deadline for the submission of the NATA scores to them in order to qualify the aspirants for counseling of B arch seats for that state. For example assume if the Karnataka CET cell has set May 10th as the last day for receiving of NATA scores. So the students have to be aware of this deadline and plan to take NATA before the Specified date by the respective State CET cells keeping a buffer time for at least a week to receive their NATA score cards.

NATA can be taken any number of times in a year. This means if a student gets less score he can retake the test to improve his score by re-registering for the NATA by paying fees again. However NOT the best score BUT the average of the scores is taken into consideration. For example a student scores 80/200 marks in the first attempt and 110/200 marks in the second attempt his over all score is (80+110)/2 = 95 marks. If in the second attempt he managed to score only 50/200 then his over all score would get reduced to (80+50)/2 = 65. So it is always better to prepare well for the exam and get good scores in the first attempt itself. NATA scores are valid for 2 years.

you need to carry the following documents when you go for the registration for NATA

1.Std. X or equivalent exam marklist – attested copy
2.One recent passport size colour photograph, to be pasted on the registration form.
3.Any valid document of identification bearing photograph and signature of the candidate – attested copy
4.Test fees of Rs. 800/- in the form of demand draft in favour of ‘Council of Architecture’ payable at New Delhi.
5.Valid email address.

Go to a nearest test centre for you. (A list of test centers all over INDIA are available on www.nata.in or click on NATA Test Centers in India ) and give them the above mentioned documents to register for the NATA.

Important Things to Remember When Registering

Register well in advance. During the peak admission season Test Centers fill up quickly.
Take the test as soon as possible so the candidate’s score card / Marklist will be received by the candidate in time to be submitted with the application or in time for the deadline of each of the CET cells of individual states to submit your NATA score cards.
When registering, be sure that the spelling of the candidate’s name matches the name printed on the identification document(s) the candidate will present at the Test Center. If this information does not match, the candidate will not be permitted to test and his / her test fee will be forfeited. See Identification
Requirements below,
Information regarding Test Center availability is subject to change. The most current information regarding Test Centers and other registration information is available on the NATA website.

***Note: Incase you feel you are not ready for taking NATA you have the option of postponing / rescheduling of the exam by paying Rs 200/-

***The Test:

The test contains 2 sections.
Section 1 is paper based Drawing test. It has 3 questions. (50 marks +25 marks+25 marks = Total of 100 marks). Test duration 2 hours
Section 2 is online computer based test on aesthetic sensitivity for 100 marks. Test Duration 1 hour.
Total NATA Test marks is 200. Minimum qualifying marks: 80/200.
*Note: You may take the following aids when appearing for the NATA test
• Set of colours (Water/ Poster colours, crayons, pastels) with appropriate instruments (Brushes, dish, etc.)
• Geometry instrument box

For detailed information about the NATA test please go to the DQ LABS online classroom http://nata.dqlabs.in/lms/ and click on "Instructions for the NATA test and the online study material" - you would have to create an Free account for yourself by clicking on login and create new account, before you are able to view the information given.

***Admission process:

Students have to submit their NATA scores along with HSC / 12th class / PUC mark lists to the respective state CET cells on or before the deadlines set by them in the case of government seats, or in the case of management / private seats as per the rules set by the college managements for each college / state.

GOOD LUCK...............................
27th July 2013, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 3rd year diploma in civil engineering.. next year I want admission for b.arch. so ,may I eligible to give NATA entrance exam..
awaiting for replay ..
18th April 2014, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

today is 18th april,2014 i want to download my scorecard of nata . i gave the test on 11th july,2013 . so plz, tell me how to download it
19th June 2014, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

sir,
I passed nata with 83 marks in 2014.Bud I want admission in the next year.Is it possible to get admission in the next
year without writing nata exam?
22nd July 2014, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

my nata score is 74 in frst attempt.....how much score should i get to enter a good college??
10th May 2015, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

what is the meaning of VALID SCORE given in NATA score card. I also see that there is a difference between "Marks scored in this attempt" and VALID score.

For example i have seen that if the score in this attempt is 79 but the VALID score is m entioned as 80/200. Also there is a note that says the admitting authority to check the Valid Score which is given in BOLD
10th May 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between MARK SCORED IN THIS ATTEMPT and VALID SCORE.

Which should be considered for the admission.

As per the score card, VALID SCORE should be considered.

Could some one clarify
1st June 2015, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I had appeared for NATA 2 times. My earlier score was 77/200 and in second attempt I had scored 100/200. My average score is 88/200. I need clarification about 3rd attempt score. If I attempt for 3rd time what will be my valid score. How do you arrive at the valid score of 3 attempts. Whether you take the average of all 3 attempts or what is the calculation. Please clarify. Nupur Pahade Aurangabad.
1st June 2015, 09:51 PM
ompriya omi

NATA score shall be valid for a period of 2 years from the year in which one appeared.

Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?