14th July 2018, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Job opportunities with salary package in PSU available for MSc(IT) student?

Dear friends, I am doing MSc in IT course. I want to get job in PSU. So, I would like to know about the opportunities available for me in PSU. And please tell me about the salary package as well. Thank you!

12th July 2019, 09:25 PM
Er Ansh Gupta

Default Re: Job opportunities with salary package in PSU available for MSc(IT) student?

Mr./Ms.
1st step to enter in PSU (Public Sector Undertakings) is through GATE exam. You need to qualify GATE exam in the field which you wish to join company.

2nd Step is, after getting GATE score, just apply for PSU you wishes to join (Note: Every PSU have there own minimum eligibility + Cut off marks)

3rd Step is based on your eligibility or after screening of you document they will call you for interview and some PSUs also conduct there own entrance. After clearing this you will get selected or if there will be any other procedure then they let you know.

NOTE: For joining PSUs you need to have very high GATE score as there are very limited seats availabe.

Now comes to opportunities
1. If you work hard and working status is fine then they can send you for doing higher studies such as PhD of there own expenses.
2. Your CV also gets very strong and in future if you wish to join any other company then it will create great impression.
3. All other facilities which are under the policy of particular organization. You may be send to abroad

Salary Packages may change depending on Pay Scale and the kind of post you join in PSU.

Here i am listing some PSUs and figures, SOURCE: QUORA

PGCIL ~ 14 lac p.a
IOCL ~ 11.6 lac p.a
ONGC ~12.9 lac p.a
GAIL ~ 10.6 lac p.a
NTPC ~ 10.4 lac p.a
BARC ~ 64000/Month consolidated

Note: figures may change according to pay scale
I am assuming that you are aware of abbreviations of PSUs.
17th July 2019, 11:15 PM
anmolkumar786

Smile Re: Job opportunities with salary package in PSU available for MSc(IT) student?

In there is huge Job opportunities are there just need to be hardworking and determinent for it .

You can write gate exam with your stream to get into PSU or you can write exam for individual PSU.
If you are able to get under 500 AIR in gate with general caste there will big chance of you to get into PSU but not fixed because craking interview of PSU not easy task so first try to get good rank in gate and prepare for interview to get in PSU
18th June 2023, 07:14 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: Job opportunities with salary package in PSU available for MSc(IT) student?

MSc (IT) graduates have several job opportunities in Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in India. PSUs are government-owned companies that offer stable employment and competitive salary packages. Here are some common job opportunities and estimated salary ranges for MSc (IT) students in PSUs:

IT Officer/IT Administrator: IT officers or administrators are responsible for managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure of PSUs. They handle tasks such as network administration, system maintenance, software installation, and troubleshooting. Salary ranges for entry-level IT officer positions in PSUs typically start from ₹4 to ₹8 lakhs per year.

Software Developer/Programmer: PSUs often require software developers or programmers to develop and maintain software applications and systems. They may work on various projects, including web development, database management, and application programming. Salary ranges for entry-level software developers in PSUs generally start from ₹4 to ₹8 lakhs per year.

Database Administrator: Database administrators (DBAs) manage and optimize databases within PSUs, ensuring data security, availability, and performance. They handle tasks such as database design, backup and recovery, and data integrity. Salary ranges for entry-level database administrators in PSUs typically start from ₹4 to ₹8 lakhs per year.

System Analyst: System analysts are responsible for analyzing system requirements, designing IT solutions, and coordinating with stakeholders to ensure effective implementation. They bridge the gap between business needs and IT systems. Salary ranges for entry-level system analysts in PSUs generally start from ₹4 to ₹8 lakhs per year.

Cybersecurity Analyst: PSUs prioritize cybersecurity to protect their sensitive data and systems. Cybersecurity analysts assess vulnerabilities, implement security measures, and respond to incidents. Salary ranges for entry-level cybersecurity analysts in PSUs typically start from ₹4 to ₹8 lakhs per year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?