24th January 2018, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Jobs availability in Air Force and Navy for Computer Science graduate

I want to know that how can I apply for job in Air Force and Navy after Computer Science Engineering? Please, tell me about the jobs availability, eligibility and how to apply for it?

28th January 2018, 01:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobs availability in Air Force and Navy for Computer Science graduate

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS entrance examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The entrance examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service. The common eligibility to appear for examination is:-

Navy:- B.Tech or B.E and age limit is 19-22 years.

Air Force:- B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E with Mathematics and Physics at 10+2. The age limit is 19-23 years.

So, you are eligible for both of them. The entrance examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection. The two stages are:-

Written.
SSB.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in. You can apply for the examination online at official website.
28th January 2018, 04:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobs availability in Air Force and Navy for Computer Science graduate

Being a Computer Science engineering degree holder you can join Indian Air force or Indian Navy as a commissioned officer through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CDS entrance examination are as here under:-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 22 years for joining Naval Academy ( Indian Navy ) where as for Air force Academy your age must lie within 19 years to 23 years.

* You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness requirements as per the service norms.

Apart from CDS you can even join Indian Air force through AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

Also if your age lie under 21 years then you can join non artificer cadre of Indian Navy as a tradesmen and Indian Air force as an airman.

For more details regarding different entries in Indian Navy you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in where as for details regarding different entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the linkwww.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?