12th April 2016, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

List of best colleges in Vellore to do graduation course in Astronomy?

List of best colleges in Vellore to do graduation course in Astronomy? Can you please list the college names and let me know the details of the admission procedure? Awaiting to get the answer soon as possible. Please provide me the feedback.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
  2. Subjects should be taken in 11th standard to do Ph.D in Astronomy? List of colleges for Ph.D Astronomy?
  3. List of the institutes offering astronomy course? What is the eligibility for the same?
  4. Which post graduation course is best to pursue in Astronomy field?
  5. What are the various career options available in astronomy? List of the colleges along with their requirements for the same? Currently, I am in 10th class. What should I do for making career in astronomy?
  6. How can I study Astronomy in Graduation being a 12th Science candidate?
  7. List of Colleges or Universities offering B.Tech in Astronomy? Career scope in this field?
  8. What are the entrance exams I need to write to do post graduation in Astronomy?
  9. List of institutes which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility to study for 12th student?
  10. Which course should I opt for making a career in astronomy after B.Sc? List of the top institutes for the same?
  11. Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?
  12. Which colleges in India offer MSc in Instrumental Astronomy?
  13. List of top colleges offering M.Sc in Astronomy and Space Physics? Procedure to apply for this course?
  14. List of colleges offering masters in astrophysics or astronomy after completion of B.Tech course?
  15. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can I become an astronaut after completing computer science?
  17. Which type of graduation is more appropriate for pursing higher studies in Astronomy?
  18. List of colleges which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Roorkee? Entrance exams to get admission?
12th April 2016, 02:09 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: List of best colleges in Vellore to do graduation course in Astronomy?

List for Astronomy Course in Vellore(Chennai) are as below :

1- Radio Astronomy Center , Chennai
2- Karpagam University , Chennai
3- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
4- Vel Tech Dr Rangrajan Dr Sakunthala Technical University, Chennai
5- Kongu Engineering College, Erode
6- Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
7- Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur
8- Sri Sai Ram Engineering College, Chennai

Also you can do Astronomy course online. To get admission in Online training centers you will have to pay some money to get User Id and Password. Then you can login into online portal and study as per your timing.

Some of the best tutor for Astronomy Online courses :

1- Galaxies, Stars and Planets - The Open University
2- Astronomy class - University of California, Berkeley
3- Frontiers and Controversies in Astrophysics - Yale University
4- Extrasolar Planets: Physics and Detection Techniques - Massachusetts Institute of Technology

You can go either for regular classes as well as for Online classes, It depends on you to choose any one option.
12th April 2016, 04:19 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: List of best colleges in Vellore to do graduation course in Astronomy?

There is no astrology college is present in your area (Vellore). You can take admission in any other college in Tamil Nadu. Here am providing you the best two colleges for astrology in Tamil Nadu. Just check out the colleges given below.

1). Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Tel: 2458421, 2459185

2). Karpagam University
NH-209, Kollegala Main Road
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
(0422) 2980022, 2980023
12th April 2016, 04:59 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

List of Some Top Astronomy Colleges in India======>

**Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

**Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore

**Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences ( ARIES), Nainital

**Raman Research Institute, Bangalore

**National Centre for Radio Astronomy - Tata Fundamental Research Institute - Pune

**Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics – Pune

**Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad.
12th April 2016, 05:11 PM
pk786kumar

Online graduate courses in astronomy can be difficult to find, in part because astronomers often use high-tech equipment

List of Colleges:
1. Harvard University
2. Yale University
3. Amherst University
12th April 2016, 05:30 PM
baarsa

List of best colleges in Vellore to do graduation course in Astronomy.......

1.Centre for Distance Education, Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University,Andhra Pradesh
2.Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences,Uttarakhand
3.Department of Jyothisha & Vaastu, Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University,Hyderabad
4.Department of Futures Studies, University of Kerala
5.Faculty of Arts, Chaudhary Charan Sigh University,Meerut
6.Aditya College of Design Studies,Mumbai
7.Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre,Tamil Nadu
8.Maharishi Institute of Vedic And Management Sciences,Bhopal
9.Institute of Astrology, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan,New Delhi.
13th April 2016, 01:39 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Names of few colleges/institutes/universities offering degree in astronomy:

* Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Naintal, Uttrarakhand
* Institute of Astrology, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi
* Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kochi, Kerala
* Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies, New Delhi
* Telugu University, Hyderabad
* Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
* Department of Physics, Mother Teresa Woman's University, Tamil Nadu
* Joint Astronomy Programme (JAP), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
* Kumaon University
* Swami Ramanand Teerth University, Nanded, Maharashtra
* Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune

# Followings are the areas where one can get employment after getting degree in astronomy:

* Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
* Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
* Raman Research Institute (RRI)
* Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO)
* Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
* Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
* Physical Research Laboratory
* National Centre for Radio Astrophysics
* Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?