7th February 2018, 05:41 PM
gunjan581

Is maths necessary to be eligible for CLAT exam?

I have medical stream with additional subject Hindi and I am studying in 11th standard and I want to give the exam of CLAT but have a little bit doubt about it and that is whether maths is necessary for this exam or I can give its exam without having maths? Please answer.

13th February 2018, 06:46 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is maths necessary to be eligible for CLAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunjan581 View Post
I have medical stream with additional subject Hindi and I am studying in 11th standard and I want to give the exam of CLAT but have a little bit doubt about it and that is whether maths is necessary for this exam or I can give its exam without having maths? Please answer.
The CLAT exam is an All India exam which is conducted for selecting the candidates for the undergraduate or post graduate level program in LLb. No, Mathematics is not a compulsory subject for the CLAT exam. The eligibility to apply for CLAT exam is passed in 10+2 with 50% in any stream if you are applying for the undergraduate level program. You need to sit for the entrance exam and based on the entrance exam, candidate will be selected for the course. Mathematics is not a compulsory subject while pursing for LLB. There will be no problem in your near future if you do not have Mathematics in your 10+2 level of study. You can easily apply for CLAT exam.

13th February 2018, 10:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to have mathematics in 12th std to appear for Common Law Admission Test.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream.

There is no age limit to appear for examination.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination is 45%.

For detail information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.

14th February 2018, 08:55 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CLAT refers to Common Law Admission Test and same is a national level entrance examination held for offering admission in LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative Law ) degree course of five years across various NLUs ( National Law Universities ).

As far as you are concerned about the necessity of Mathematics in higher secondary school degree education for appearing in CLAT then I would like to let you know that there is no such requirement and any candidate having completed his/her higher secondary school degree or equivalent degree in any discipline with 45% marks ( or 40% in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates ) are eligible for appearing in CLAT.

For more details and updates regarding CLAT you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.

14th February 2018, 10:13 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CLAT is Common Law Admission Test it is conducted by National Law University for admission in B.A. LLB course.

It is five-year duration course. To get admission in course, you have to qualify for the entrance test.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board. The government has taken back the upper age limit criteria to appear for the examination.

It is not compulsory to have Mathematics as main paper in 12th.

For the detail information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?