26th August 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Maximum Number of attempts for IIT-JEE Exam for a candidate of SC category?

How many chances for sc students appear in iit-jee exam?

28th August 2012, 08:30 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum Number of attempts for IIT-JEE Exam for a candidate of SC category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The maximum number of time candidates belonging to any category can appear is 2.
As per the guidelines of Indian Institutes of Technology, the maximum number of times candidates from Scheduled Caste as well as all other categories can write Joint Entrance Examination is two times in consecutive years.

As far as eligibility criteria is concerned, candidates belonging to SC category must qualify 10+2 level of examination with a minimum of 55% marks.
The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SC as well as ST category is 30 years, whereas, for General Category and OBC category candidates, the maximum age limit is 25 years and the required percentage of marks in the 10+2 level of examination is 60%.

For further information and in order to keep yourself updated, refer to the official websites of Indian Institutes of Technology.
31st October 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Maximum Number of attempts for IIT-JEE Exam for a candidate of SC category?

for number of attempt 12th exam appearing or only 12th adminission is considered
31st October 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

number of attempt for jee iit start from 12th exam appearance or 12th admission only.
1st November 2012, 05:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) conduct a Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) every year for the admission to its B-Tech in all IIT's .

If you have completed 12th examinations from a recognized board with physics ,chemistry and mathematics then you are applicable for IIT-JEE exam.But your 12th marks must be above 60% .

You can apply here consecutive 2 years.You can apply here prefinal year of 12th standard and after this year.There is no specific attempts for SC candidate .

The minimum age should be 17 years old and maximum age should be 25 years old.

List of the Best Books for IIT-JEE Exam:-

Course In Physics For IIT-JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Course In Mathematics For IIT JEE 2012
by
Tmh

Problms And Solutions In Chemistry IIT-JEE
by
K Singh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2009)

For more details about IIT-JEE Exam, you can visit to http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee/
23rd January 2013, 08:02 AM
nikhinaya

The maximum number of time candidates belonging to any category can appear is 2.
As per the guidelines of Indian Institutes of Technology, the maximum number of times candidates from Scheduled Caste as well as all other categories can write Joint Entrance Examination is two times in consecutive years.
As far as eligibility criteria is concerned, candidates belonging to SC category must qualify 10+2 level of examination with a minimum of 55% marks.
The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SC as well as ST category is 30 years, whereas, for General Category and OBC category candidates, the maximum age limit is 25 years and the required percentage of marks in the 10+2 level of examination is 60%.
Tmh
Course In Mathematics For IIT JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Problms And Solutions In Chemistry IIT-JEE
by
K Singh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited
24th June 2013, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

SC STUDENTS KO IIT KA PAPER PASS KARNE KE LIYE IIT KE PAPER MAIN KITNE NUMBER LENE PADTE HAI
25th June 2013, 09:29 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

The maximum number of attempts to IIT JEE exam for candidate of SC category is same as same as other category.

A candidate can apply and appear for IIT JEE two times in his/her career and that to consecutively for two years without gap.

IIT JEE - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam conducted by IIT for admission to under Graduate B.Tech. courses in IITs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks(55% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised Board within the age of 17 to 25 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IIT JEE.
25th June 2013, 06:39 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi,

Recently IITJEE has been discontinued and in its place JEE, is going to be continued

JEE will be continued in two stages -

JEE Mains
JEE Advanced

As per your query, I would like to tell you that the number of attempts is same for all categories i.e. two in two consecutive years.

You should have passed intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks , and for SC candidates it is 55% marks.

Minimum age should be 17 years.

Hope you got your answer.

All the best..
27th June 2013, 01:47 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

Age limit : 17 to 25

The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE (Main) is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.

Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in the year of exam may also appear in JEE (Main) provisionally.

However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates.

Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1983 are eligible.

The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) is limited to 3 (three).

More Information :
http://jeeadv.iitd.ac.in/images/IB_JEE_Adv_2013.pdf
9th July 2013, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

I passed class 12 in 2012 and did not attempt iit jee that year. I attempt jee advance in 2013 can I eligible for jee advance 2014 if we qualify jee main in 2014
17th July 2013, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th in 2012 and I appeared iit jee 2013 only.
Can I appear for the iit 2014.
15th August 2013, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for jee after b.sc?
15th August 2013, 10:04 PM
Home 4

The maximum number of attempts to IIT JEE exam for candidate of SC category is same as same as other category.

A candidate can apply and appear for IIT JEE two times in his/her career and that to consecutively for two years without gap.

IIT JEE - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam conducted by IIT for admission to under Graduate B.Tech. courses in IITs.
15th August 2013, 10:14 PM
Home 4

IITJEE has been discontinued and in its place JEE, is going to be continued

JEE will be continued in two stages -

JEE Mains
JEE Advanced

As per your query, I would like to tell you that the number of attempts is same for all categories i.e. two in two consecutive years.

You should have passed intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60%
15th August 2013, 10:22 PM
Home 4

maximum number of attempts to IIT JEE exam for candidate of SC category is same as same as other category.

15th August 2013, 11:02 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

IIT JEE stands for the Indian Institute o Technology Joint Entrance Exam

A candidate who have completed their 12th Science with Physics, Chemistry and Maths Subjects are eligible for applying This exam....

A candidate who have completed their 12th Science from recognized board exam can apply for this exam...

A candidate can apply for IIT-JEE maximum 2 years considering (consecutive 2 years) from the year of passing their 12th exam to IIT Exam......

There will be two stages of exam:-

## IIT-JEE Main and

## IIT-JEE Advance

Best Books for IIT-JEE:-

Text Book of Inorganic Chemistry for IIT-JEE 4th Edition
Author: Deepak Joshi
Publisher: Disha Publication (2011)
Price: Rs. 347

Maths for JEE/ISEET Complete Book
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan (2012)
Price: Rs. 276

Physics for IIT-JEE and other Engineering Entrance Examinations (Volume - 1)
by
Halliday, Resnick, Walker, Amit Gupta
Publisher: Wiley India (2012)
Price: Rs. 445

All the best

With Regards......
DHARM
16th August 2013, 03:27 PM
kunal kumar 444

Talking Re: Maximum Number of attempts for IIT-JEE Exam for a candidate of SC category?

DEAR FRIENDS..

Recently IITJEE has been discontinued and in its place JEE, is going to be continue.

JEE Advanced

You should have passed intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks , and for SC candidates it is 55% marks.

Minimum age should be 17 years.

THANKS........
26th April 2014, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
May i know the general category rank vs sc rank with marks for reference??It would certainly be of great help..
Wating for your reply..
25th May 2014, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

sir I have passed 12th in 2013 appear for jee 2013 &2014 .Can I appear jee(main advance) in 2015?
14th June 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

IIT MAIN PASS KARNA KA LIYA SC CONDIDAAT KO KITNA MARKS CHAHIYA
8th June 2015, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Maximum Number of attempts for IIT-JEE Exam for a candidate of SC category?
8th June 2015, 10:53 AM
swanand thakur
Member+

Quote:
You can attempt for 2 times in consecutive year for JEE as SC category the age limit for you is till 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?