29th July 2016, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

May I appear for AIPMT 2017 as per my date of birth?

Sir, my date of birth is 11.11.2001 and pursuing 10+2 this year which will be completed in May 2017. May I apply and appear for AIPMT 2017 scheduled to be held in May 2017. Otherwise, to whom should I approach for relaxation in minimum age as CBSE itself has removed the minimum age prescribed earlier to appear in class 10th. Therefore, in my view of relaxation given for CLAT etc., early completion of schooling either the minimum age should be removed for AIPMT also or relaxation of one /two years should be allowed for AIPMT. I have been outstanding student throughout my studies so far. Kindly guide me to appear for AIPMT 2017.

29th July 2016, 09:30 AM
A033bhishek

Default Re: May I appear for AIPMT 2017 as per my date of birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my date of birth is 11.11.2001 and pursuing 10+2 this year which will be completed in May 2017. May I apply and appear for AIPMT 2017 scheduled to be held in May 2017. Otherwise, to whom should I approach for relaxation in minimum age as CBSE itself has removed the minimum age prescribed earlier to appear in class 10th. Therefore, in my view of relaxation given for CLAT etc., early completion of schooling either the minimum age should be removed for AIPMT also or relaxation of one /two years should be allowed for AIPMT. I have been outstanding student throughout my studies so far. Kindly guide me to appear for AIPMT 2017.
Since your date of birth is 11.11.2001 you can not appear for AIPMT 2017 which is a national level examination. According to the medical council of india minimum age to appear for AIPMT is 16 years at the time of filling the application form for Entrance test of AIPMT.
29th July 2016, 12:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre-Medical/ Dental Test. It is an All-India level entrance examination conducted by CBSE for offering admission to 15% All India medical seats in all Indian institutions except in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.

To be eligible to apply for AIPMT examination, you should have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology and you must have passed English as a subject from a Government recognised board.

You must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December, 2017 to be eligible to appear in AIPMT 2017 examination. Candidates who have been born on or between 01/01/93 to 01/01/2001 are eligible to appear in AIPMT 2017 examination. Upper age relaxation of 5 years is provided to SC/ST/ OBC category candidates as per government norms to appear in AIPMT 2017 examination.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you were born on 11.11.2001, that means you will attain the age of 16 years 1 month 20 days as on 31st December, 2017, so, you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT 2017 examination.
29th July 2016, 02:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear in All India Pre- Medical Entrance Exam 2017:-

You are not eligible to apply for AIPMT as per age limit criteria:-

A candidate must have passed class 12th with medical stream with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories from a recognised board

A candidate must have citizenship of India

Age limit :-

Age limit should be in between 17 to 25 years and relaxation in upper age limit is give to reserved categories.
29th July 2016, 04:47 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for AIPMT is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 with Biology as one subject in 12th.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 60% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for AIPMT.
29th July 2016, 08:25 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

As per your birth date , You are not eligible to write AIPMT 2017 as you will not complete 17 years in 2017.

AIPMT Eligibility
- You must be Indian Citizen.
- You should have passed senior secondary exam with 50% aggregate in PCB as a main subjects.
- Your age should be between 17 to 25 years on 31st December of the examination year.

Application Procedure
- Visit the site : www.aipmt.nic.in
- Click "Apply Online".
- Read full instructions in brochure before applying.
- Register online & Note down registration number.
- Fill the application form carefully.
- Upload the scanned documents.
- Deposit the application fee online.
- Submit your application & Print the application.

AIPMT 2017 Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 180 (Physics : 45 Q , Chemistry : 45 Q , Biology : 90 Q)
- Total Marks : 720
- Time Duration : 3 Hours

AIPMT 2017 Important Dates
- Starting of Registration : December , 2016
- Closing of Registration : January , 2017
- Download Hall Tickets : April , 2017
- AIPMT Exam : May , 2017
29th July 2016, 08:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for AIPMT (NEET) examination to get admission in medical courses in 2017.

The minimum age limit to appear for examination is 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

So, you have to wait for 2018. As there is rules and guidelines(eligibility) to appear for examination.
29th July 2016, 08:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to make you clear that AIPMT and all the states PMT are now being replaced by a single common medical entrance examination known as NEET for admission in undergraduate medical courses in various government medical colleges.

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is also going to be held by CBSE once every year. Also the minimum eligibility requirement for appearing in the same examination stands same as that for AIPMT which are mentioned below :-

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCB group with a minimum of 50% aggregate ( in case of reserved category it must be at least 40% ) in the same group from a recognized board.

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years till the 31st December of that year in which you will appear in the same examination. Further age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for reserved category candidates.

So being born on 11.11.2001 and going to appear in the Class 12th board examinations in March 2017 you are not eligible for appearing in the NEET 2017 as your age by 31st December 2017 will be under 17 years which is not enough to satisfy the age criteria for the same examination.

Also for your knowledge I would like to inform you that to avoid the problem of minimum age CBSE has made the norms that a student is not allowed to appear in his Class 10th board examination if his/her age is under 14 years and 4 months by the 1st March of that year in which you are going to appear in the board examination.

For more details regarding the NEET you can visit the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
29th July 2016, 11:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test. Now, this examination has been replaced by National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is all India entrance exam for admission in MBBS and BDS courses.

*The age criteria for NEET exam is that candidate must have completed minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of year of admission. You will be around 16 years and 2 months on 31st December of 2017.

*You can not apply for NEET exam. No matter whatever argument you give, it is rules and regulations of CBSE applicable for all candidates.
29th July 2016, 11:40 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age for appearing in AIPMT 2017 is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of examination. As per your 'date of birth', you are only 16 years old as on 31st December of year 2017. So you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT 2017. There is five years age relaxation in upper age limit but there is no relaxation of age in minimum age limit.
31st July 2016, 12:50 AM
JSD.

No you can not appear in the AIPMT 2017 entrance examination .

AIPMT stands for the All India Pre Medical test.It is an entrance examination which is conducted by the CBSE for the admission in various medical institute for MBBS and BDS.

To be eligible for this entrance exam it is compulsory to have a minimum +2 course.Also the appearing aspirant's age must lie in between 17 years to 25 years to be completely eligible for this exam.

As you are telling that your year of birth is 2001 then it is sorry to say you that you can not appear in the Aipmt 2017 entrance exam.
9th September 2016, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the fee for taking coaching in any institute??? Please tell me I want to know.....
7th February 2017, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir my name is tushar anand of CBSE candidate I done my 10th in 2015 and I want to appear in neet 2017 but due to age criteria I am not eligible my date of birth is 11/03/2001 and I am missing to appear in exam by 2 month and 10 days so sir please I want that you may give relaxation in age so that I appear in neet 2017 or please suggest me any other criteria through which I appear in neet 2017
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?