11th June 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Is MBA student eligible for NET SET?

is an mba student eligible for NET SET...please tell me if it is true

13th June 2012, 05:28 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MBA student eligible for NET SET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is an mba student eligible for NET SET...please tell me if it is true
Candidates holding Master Degree in Business Administration, usually known as Master of Business Administration (MBA) can definitely appear for National Eligibility Test as well as State Lectureship Eligibility Test provided they have obtained a minimum of Fifty-Five Percent marks in the qualifying examination.
For Candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the required percentage of marks is Fifty Percent.

Now, if you have scored the minimum required percentage of marks as mentioned above, you will be considered eligible to take the Test. Having done you masters in Business Management, you will be only eligible to take the test in Management. As per the guidelines of University Grant Commission, one can take the test only in the particular subject in which he/she has specialized in the masters degree program.

In order to get more information, Click Here.
15th March 2013, 10:16 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for both NET and SET exams. All PG holders with a minimum of 55% marks can apply for NET. The test is conducted by UGC, twice a year. SET exam is conducted by state authorities. PG is the basic qualification required in this case also. Other eligibility conditions may vary with state.
21st September 2013, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i have completed in pgp in marketing or mba -hr which degree im qualifying to set/net
14th April 2014, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

I'm graduate in Nutrition and Dietetics and doing mba hospital management... after finishing mba,,am I eligible to write net exam????
7th May 2014, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi , I have done MBA in HR & IB and have 2 years of exp in recruitment but now i moved to Business development profile. Now i want to do PhD. Please suggest me which subject i can choose. will going to business development profile will not be a good suggestion?. what should i do in my further study? Please guide me...
7th May 2014, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have done MBA in HR & IB and have 2 yrs of experience in recruitment. but now i moved to Business development profile. i want to do PhD which subject i should choose(HR or some marketing subject). will changing my career to business dev. filed not be an good idea?. what should do now in regarding my further study which does not affect my career. please guide me..Thaks
7th June 2018, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MBA from welingkar institutions so can I appear for my net set exam
19th November 2018, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done MBA in Finance from Sikkim Manipal University through distance learning. But in slet exam only subject i can choose is commerce coj management is not available. What should i do. Also i have completed my graduation in B.com (Computer applications).
Please reply.
20th November 2018, 03:10 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have done MBA in Finance from Sikkim Manipal University through distance learning. But in slet exam only subject i can choose is commerce coj management is not available. What should i do. Also i have completed my graduation in B.com (Computer applications).
Please reply.
you can apply for UGC NET Management or UGC NET commerce.
The minimum eligibility to apply for NET/SET exam is that you must have post graduation degree.

UGC NET exam is held for more than 85 subjects and candidates are allowed to apply for their post graduation or its related subjects only. if your post graduation subjects is available in the list you may apply for related subjects.
Check all the eligibility criteria from the official notification as follows:
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have completed post graduation degree from recognized university with more than 55% marks from recognized university.
There are relaxation of 5% for reserved category candidates.
Age Limit: the age of the candidates should be below 30 years for NET JRF while no age bar for NET lectureship.
As you have completed post graduation, if you fufil the percentage criteria, you can apply for the NET exam.
23rd July 2019, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I have done my MBA Finance , Do I eligible for the AP SET exam ? Please advise.
23rd July 2019, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

I have done my MBA Finance , Do I eligible for the AP SET exam ? Please advise.
24th July 2019, 06:34 PM
pagolworld

Yes, obviously you can qualify the cbse ugc NET exam after your MBA, because the minimum eligibility for sitting in the net exam is post graduation with atleast 55% marks.

You can choose management as you have done MBA or any other subject respective to your post graduation subjects.
20th July 2021, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

after mba the which ar the ugc net exam subjects?
21st October 2021, 04:40 PM
Anujjindal12

You see, for MBA graduates the UGC NET eligibility criteria is a minimum final score of 55% marks in your MBA course. If you have that, then you are certainly eligible to take the test.

So, the first step towards applying for the UGC NET for MBA students is to make sure that they pass their Masters degree with a minimum score of 55% marks.

Another thing to note is that if your MBA degree is of a PGDM program, then the eligibility criteria will be a bit different from what I have mentioned above. That is because the PGDM program is not a master’s degree program per se, but a Diploma program.

However, if the PGDM Diploma degree awarded in your case is by a AICTE approved institute, then it shall be considered equivalent to a Master’s degree awarded by any recognized Indian universities affiliated to the Association of Indian Universities.

Therefore, if your MBA program is a PGDM program, then make sure that it is from a AICTE approved institute, if you want to take the NET exam.

UGC NET exam for MBA Students: Age Limit

Having mentioned all of that, the next thing to know about UGC NET for MBA students is that the NET exams are held twice a year, and candidates can either apply for the post of assistant professorship (AP) through the exam, or for the post of JRF (Junior Research fellowship).
2nd September 2022, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi. I have completed MBA and I wish to prepare for kerala State Eligibility Test. Am I eligible to choose Commerce papers?
17th October 2022, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I have done my MBA so I am eligible for mpset exam for asst.prof.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?