14th August 2010, 01:09 AM
sukhdeep singh

Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering

hello sir /madam
i have done my b.tech in electronics & communication engg. and now i want to join in marchent navy plz tell me about ths......

Related Questions:
  1. Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can i join merchant navy after graduation in electronics and communication engineering? I am 20 years old
  3. Expected salary in Merchant Navy for Electronics & Communication Engineering Diploma student in India?
  4. Am I eligible for merchant navy after pursing B.E in electronics and communication branch
  5. Is there any scope of B.Tech in electronics and communication to get a job in merchant navy?
  6. Can i join merchant navy after scoring 60% aggregate in B.Tech ETC? Is Liverpool university good for merchant navy training?
  7. Can I join merchant navy after passing 3 years diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  8. Procedure to apply for merchant Navy after B.Tech(ECE)?
  9. Can I join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How can I join Merchant Navy after Electronics and Communication?
  11. How can I join Merchant Navy while in B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering 3rd year?
  12. Can I apply for Merchant Navy course having completed Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunications?
  13. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  14. How to join Merchant Navy for B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation having secured 57% in 12th?
  15. How can I apply to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  16. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  17. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  18. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
14th August 2010, 10:56 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering

Hi,

You can join merchant navy after B.Tech in ECE..

Generally,one have to the B.Sc in nautical science or 4-year engineering in marine engg to get into the merchant navy..

Now as an ECE engineer, you have to complete the one year post graduate course in marine engineering to get into merchant navy..

There are four Govt institutes like: MERI,Mumbai, MERI,Kolkata, T.S.Chanakya Academy,Pune etc giving pre-sea and post-sea trainings to the candidates and there are other private colleges too..

After completing this course,you can join as deck cadet officer..

All the best!
14th August 2010, 01:35 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering

Hello friend,

There are two possible ways to join the engineering department of Merchant Navy.

1. By pursuing bachelor's degree programme in marine engineering.

The minimum qualification to pursue the course is +2 with PCM from a recognised institute.

Institutes offering these courses are

The Training Ship chanakya, Mumbai
Marine Engineering Research institute, Kolkata/Mumbai
Directorate General of shipping, Mumbai
The Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering, West Bengal

2. Through direct entry as Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

A graduate in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering can join as Engine cadet/Junior Engineer after going through a pre-sea course conducted by the MERI. The duration of the pre-sea course is 1 year.
Engine cadet is the entry level of engineering candidates and for further promotion, the candidate has to write the examination during the service period. The examination is conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS)

You may also join merchant navy as deck cadet if you are interested in the navigation department. The minimum educational qualification required to join as deck cadet is +2 level of examination passed from a recognised institute.
14th August 2010, 01:48 PM
SHOIAB SHIAKH

hello sir /madam
i have done my iti electronics and now i want to join in marchent navy plz tell me about ths......
14th August 2010, 03:49 PM
adityabhushan

there are so many scope for ece engineers.
if you want to join merchant navy.
just visit there official website.
here you can get more money .

just you can get ..

with best wishes.
aditya
14th August 2010, 04:44 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can join merchant navy after B.tech.You have to appear for the entrance exam which will be followed by interview and physical test. You must score at least 50% in graduation. Your age should not be more than 25 years. The candidates should have a good eyesight 6/6.
14th August 2010, 04:49 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering

dear friend

there are many institutes in India those offer courses for merchant navy.

also many exams are conducted every year by different companies u can apply in them. for details u plz keep checking employment news.

all the best.
14th August 2010, 05:18 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend you need to have bachelor degree with a related branch mechanical an marine i don no about ece you can checkout this website to know all eligibility informations......
http://http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm

regards
azhar
14th August 2010, 05:57 PM
chandan kumar singh

sir i m final year ece student i want to join merchant navy what i will have to do....
14th August 2010, 11:41 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering

dear friend

there are many merchant navy companies those are recruiting a lots of engineering students.

u can go for their exams . for this u plz keep on checking employment news.

all the best.
15th August 2010, 03:23 PM
Nitin sarswat

I have done my b.tech in ece with 67%.I HAVE 73% in 12th pcm.now i want to join merchant navy.please tel me what opportunity i have?and what is the procedure?
15th August 2010, 07:52 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

The eligibility required for the course of merchant navy is given below from here you can easily know that how you can join merchant navy:

The various courses in marine engineering, their duration and eligibility requirements are as follows-
B.E Marine Engineering, Duration: 4 years; Eligibility: 10+2 level pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English
M.E Marine Engineering, Duration: 2 years, Eligibility: B.E Marine Engineering.
Ph.D, Eligibility: M.E Marine Engineering.

nstitutes offering Marine Engineering Courses

Few major institutions offering courses in Marine Engineering are -

Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088, (West Bengal)
Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033, (Maharashtra)
International Marine Communication Centre, 134/3 R.H. Road, near Luz Corner, Mylapore, Chennai 600004, (Tamil Nadu)
Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad 500027, (Andhra Pradesh)
Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai 400001, (Maharashtra)
IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai 400076, (Maharashtra)
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai - 400033, (Maharashtra)

GOOD LUCK
25th August 2010, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i m doing ece it is important to do 1 year course of marine engeeniring or to give the exam to get admission in merchant navy
30th August 2010, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

i want to join an merchant navy tell me an procedure how i can join it
3rd September 2010, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,i am the etc student of 3rd yr,what is the step and qualification for join higher post of merchant navy,plz send me to my adress i.e. [email protected] my self satyaprakash samantaray
9th September 2010, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i will finish my graduation in etc after 2 yrs. till now my % is 64,my 10th 86% and 12th 58%
can i get job in merchant navy .
12th September 2010, 11:35 PM
rhit

Default Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering

sir i have done b.tech in ece ..now want to join merchant navy..suggest me which course i have to do and how can i take admission for that course my i.d. is- [email protected]
13th September 2010, 10:40 PM
meeria

dear friend

eligible criteria for marchant navy

B.E Marine Engineering, Duration: 4 years; Eligibility: 10+2 level pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

Govt training Institutes : There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard :

1.Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
2.Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
3.Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
4.Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

all the best
10th October 2010, 05:49 PM
sajjad ahmad

give the guide to join in merchent navy after completing B.tech from ece branch.
right now i am in ece branch.
29th October 2010, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

do i have to undergo an eye correction to get into merchant navy after graduation in extc?
9th November 2010, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I am in 7th semester doing B-Tech in ( electronics & communication) . Can I join merchant navy & HOW ????
10th November 2010, 03:04 AM
professor.singh

HELLO,

Yes there is oppurtunity for you in " electronics & communication Branch" of Merchant Navy.

Qualification for which is B.Tech (ECE) with at least 60% aggregate.

You have to complte 10/12 months pre sea training which is offered by recruiting

company itself or few Institutes.

Job of Radio Officer is also compatible for you. To be qualified as Radio Officer an

individual need to do a two week GMDSS course.

The Radio Officers looks after all the electronic communication and the related records. In addition, he also looks after electronic navigation aids such as radar, depth measuring devices, long range navigation equipment and global positioning system etc.

ALL THE BEST
10th November 2010, 02:46 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I am in 7th semester doing B-Tech in ( electronics & communication) . Can I join merchant navy & HOW ????
yes you can go for merchant navy but being a ELECTRONIC engineer why you want to join merchant navy.......better option in same field is why don't you try for Indian navy...........think on it..........and make decision.....
10th November 2010, 04:54 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

you can join the merchant navy . please see the website of merchant navy for qualification and age. i wish you will get a bright future. thanking you.. best of luck..
18th November 2010, 01:08 PM
baislavs

sir, i am pursuing B.Tech.VIISem in electrical engineerig, can i join merchant navy then please tell me complete process of join merchsant navy,
2nd December 2010, 04:07 AM
Unregistered

hi this is anil i completed my b.tec in ece branch with outcome of 56% in 2010 i have 2 known wether i am eligible or not plse send me rply
21st December 2010, 07:30 AM

sir, i am B.Tech.in electronics & Communication engineerig, can i join merchant navy then please tell me complete process of join merchsant navy, my email address is [email protected]
22nd December 2010, 06:46 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering

good evening ,

it is very good to opt for MERCHANT NAVY , and also you can join as a radio controller in INDIAN NAVY as an electronic and communication engg.. it is better to join indian navy do somthing for your country..........
6th January 2011, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

After completing graduation in ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION branch, to be in a merchant navy ..how many months training, I will have to do?
can anyone tell me
17th January 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

honourable sir .. my ambition is to join in indian navy . am a b.e ece student with 2 arrear having 73%. do i have eligibility to join in it.
18th January 2011, 02:14 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

hello friend,

You can join merchant navy after B.Tech in ECE.For this purpose you have to complete the one year post graduate course in marine engineering to get into merchant navy.You have to appear for the entrance exam which will be followed by interview and physical test.

Best of luck...
30th January 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,

I am a b.tech ECE garduate with 60.46% want to pursue my career as a deck officer so can you please guide me that what are the elligibility criteria's. And what are the exams which i have to appear? And what is the age limit?
please do write to me at [email protected]
31st January 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

About me : I am pursuing in B.Tech of E.C.E. with an aggregate of 60.37%.And i completed my 12th with 88.4%,10th with 82.8%.

I am interested to do job in merchant navy.But I don't know,how to approach to this job.

Can you please tell me the 1.various JOBS available,
2.COMPANIES,
3.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS,
4.ENTRANCE PROCEDURE
5.TRAINING COURSES

in MERCHANT NAVY.

PLEASE SEND ME THE DETAILS TO MY EMAIL : [email protected]
1st February 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

sir,can u tell me the colleges ofeering the merchant for ece engineers.....
9th February 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

9th february 2011
Khushboo Rai
hello sir,
1): I m persuing b.tech from electronics & communication branch, i wanna know dat can a girl join merchant navy?
2): n what is the minimum height for girls?
3): in future if i wanna leave the job after 3 or 4 year can i leave it or not?
4);what is the minimum fee for 1year traing?is 1year traing is compulsery?
14th February 2011, 07:08 PM
rana35

About me : I am pursuing in B.Tech of E.C.E in 6th sem. with an aggregate of 68%.And i completed my 12th with 75%,10th with 67%.

I am interested to do job in merchant navy.But I don't know,how to approach to this job.

Can you please tell me the 1.various JOBS available,
2.COMPANIES,
3.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS,
4.ENTRANCE PROCEDURE
5.TRAINING COURSES

in MERCHANT NAVY.

PLEASE SEND ME THE DETAILS TO MY EMAIL : [email protected]
my cell number is 7696224406
22nd February 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

hi,i m persuing BE in ECE.now i want to join merchant neavy.......
pis tel me which is the best institute for pre sea traning.....
6th March 2011, 02:14 PM
bhaskar ashwini

10+2 with Maths Group, BE ECE with second class with aggregate of 61%, is there any possibility to pursue marine engineering for 1 year, i wish to join in Chennai or vizag colleges, please let me know.
7th March 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR,
I AM B.TECH ECE 8th SEM STUDENT WITH 78.3% AGGREGATE. I WANT FUTURE IN MERCHANT NAVY .SUGGEST ME WHAT WAY SHOULD I FOLLOW TO REACH MY TARGET?
9th March 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

hello sir...
i am b.tech ece 8th sem student with 69%agg. i want to join merchant navy sir pls suggest me the way how will i get this......
10th March 2011, 06:20 PM
asishkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhdeep singh View Post
hello sir /madam
i have done my b.tech in electronics & communication engg. and now i want to join in marchent navy plz tell me about ths......
yes.. You can join merchant navy after B.tech.
You willl have to appear for the entrance exam which will be followed by interview and physical test.
You must score at least 50% in graduation.
Your age should not be more than 25 years.
You should have a good eyesight 6/6.
11th March 2011, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am B.Tech.in electronics & Communication engineerig of 7th sem, can i join merchant navy then please tell me complete process of join merchsant navy, my email address is [email protected]
24th April 2011, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

i m ram kripal amar,studin b.tech in ece from wbut,4th sem,can i join merchant navy after completion b.tech,10th %64.43&12th%58.66;
26th April 2011, 09:47 PM

sir, my name rajesh. iam a B.tech(ece) fresher. i want to join Marine Electrical & Electronics Officer i sea horse academy, kakinada. is it safe to join sea horse academy???????. please guide me sir, urgent.....
26th April 2011, 09:50 PM

sir, my name rajesh. iam a B.tech(ece) fresher. i want to join Marine Electrical & Electronics Officer in sea horse academy, kakinada. is it safe to join sea horse academy???????. please guide me sir, urgent.....
11th May 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Completed my engineering in (ECE) Electronics &Communication Engineering. I want to join marine. Tell me that which college offering the one or two year diploma courses
28th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

please dont join in sea horse academy, kakinada its a fake academy they will training only how to clean and one of our friend arrested in airport because of fake visa .
28th May 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
sir, my name rajesh. iam a B.tech(ece) fresher. i want to join Marine Electrical & Electronics Officer in sea horse academy, kakinada. is it safe to join sea horse academy???????. please guide me sir, urgent.....
Please dont join in sea horse kakinada its a fake academy running with out approval for details contact me [email protected]
8th June 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

i am a doing electronic and telecom engnrng i wanted to join merchant navy wat shud i do for tat pls reply anyone my id [email protected]
10th June 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

i am doing engg in electronic and communication is there is any scope in merchant navy.but is percentage required for it and age limit. My email ID is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?