30th April 2016, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board?

Hy sir/mam I am Ashish Khurana I do my 10 class from nios and I want to take admission in CBSe school in 11th in Bharat national public school ram vihar but he said that he don't consider nios board mark sheet what should I do please help!! To take admission in this school or any best private school

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  2. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  4. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  5. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  6. Is it possible to get Gujarat board school admission in class 11th after completion of 10th in CBSE board?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE/ISC being a 10th NIOS student in Kolkata?
  8. Is it better to do 12th from NIOS Board after discontinuing 11th CBSE?
  9. Which will be the easiest Board among CBSE and MP Board to study in 11th standard?
  10. Should I join 11th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?
  11. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  12. Can I join 11th in state board if I have completed 10th in CBSE?
  13. Possibility to get admission in 11th CBSE for NIOS student?
  14. Eligibility to get Government jobs for NIOS students?
  15. Am I eligible to do polytechnic course after completion of 10th from NIOS board?
  16. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  17. Can I get admission in 10th CBSE after completion of 9th ICSE?
  18. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
30th April 2016, 09:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hy sir/mam I am Ashish Khurana I do my 10 class from nios and I want to take admission in CBSe school in 11th in Bharat national public school ram vihar but he said that he don't consider nios board mark sheet what should I do please help!! To take admission in this school or any best private school
Since, NOS is recognized university, so you are definitely eligible to apply for 11th standard. The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for 11th standard is 10th standard or its equivalent qualification with not less than 50%
30th April 2016, 09:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board?

It is completely illegal if any school or institute forbid to accept the NIOS certificate. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

It is a recognised board under Ministry of HRD. So, it must be accepted to get admission but if any school prohibits to accept it, you can try in any another school to get admission.

So, you can visit any other in which you want to get the admission.
30th April 2016, 09:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is central government recognized board for 10th and 10+2 board exams and marksheet from this board is valid for taking admission in any standard.

If the school in which you want admission is not accepting your admission on basis that you have done 10th board from NIOS, you can write to Ministry of Human Resource regarding this problem, they will respond soon and will also contact school for reasons they denied admission to school.
30th April 2016, 09:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to get admission in 11th standard in some other school if you have completed your 10th from National Institute of Open Schooling as NIOS board is approved. Admission to 11th standard will be given on the basis of merit.
30th April 2016, 10:22 PM
IQ14

Every school has different criteria of admission so you don't worry. You will definitely get admission in a good CBSE school.
NIOS is an open schooling board that's why some schools doesn't considered it's marksheet.

But you don't take tension. As NIOS is valuable and highly recognized board of India. Its certificate is valid. You will definitely get an admission in the good school of CBSE.
30th April 2016, 10:31 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open School.

The students who have passed NIOS board are eligible to appear in any entrance exam. NIOS degree are recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (HRD), Government of India.

NIOS administers Secondary and Senior Secondary examinations of open schools similar to the CBSE and the CISCE to increase literacy and provide education to rural areas.

It also offers vocational courses after the high school. NIOS also provides a formal and regular Secondary and Senior Secondary program alongwith distance education.
30th April 2016, 11:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The marksheet obtained from National Institute of Open Schooling is valid for admission in school and for any government job as this board has been approved by Central Government of India and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
If the school in which you want admission is not accepting NIOS marksheets then you can take this issue to HRD Department of Indian Government.

No school can deny admission making an excuse that they can not take admission on basis of NIOS marksheets. HRD department will help you in getting admission in this school.
30th April 2016, 11:39 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Yes, surely you can go for the 11th standard in any CBSE affiliated school after completing your 10th standard from NIOS. It does not matter from which board you have completed your matriculation, the only thing that matters is that your board should be well affiliated and recognized. However there are some schools which does not give preference to NIOS student, so you should apply in those schools which accepts candidates from NIOS.
1st May 2016, 12:02 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It depends on schools whether they accept the certificate of NIOS(National Institute for Open Schooling) or not. But NIOS is a recognised institute which is acceptable by almost all the government school or those school which is affiliated by CBSE.
>>>To get admission in 11th all you need to do is keep all your documents & certificates ready at the desk of admission.
1st May 2016, 12:56 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I think it is not possible since CBSE Set some norms for admission. I think NIOS people don't have the required eligibility to get admission in " CBSE " School.

So see whether school is providing you the information or else you can consult with other school management.
1st May 2016, 01:57 AM
harsh590
Junior Member+

NIOS is a recognised board which is carrying out Open 10th and 12th courses for the students. And it is recognised in all the Government and private affiliated schools.

You can either put an RTI against the school for asking the reason for not giving you admission into their school. Or you can go to the CBSE board for the possible legal possibilities.
1st May 2016, 02:55 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much get admission under CBSE board in 11th standard after having completed your 10th from NIOS board, there is no harm in it.

You should just have scored good marks in your 10th boards and should meet all the admission requirements of the prospective school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?