11th October 2011, 09:00 PM
kalluri.reshma

Is it necessary to write civil Service exams for Police jobs? Am I eligible to apply for government jobs while in final year B.Tech ECE?

Is it necessary to write any civil service for police jobs?
i'm in final year b.tech(ece), Am i eligible for apply to any govt jobs now?

Related Questions:
  1. Which government sector jobs in research field i can get after B.Tech (ECE) completion?
  2. What all government jobs I can apply when am proceeding to final year B.Tech ECE?
  3. Railway jobs availability after B.Tech in ECE and group entrance exams for the same?
  4. Which exams to write to get in government jobs after B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  5. What are the government job oppotunities available for ECE?
  6. Am I eligible for government jobs after completing B.E ECE part time from GCT, Coimbatore?
  7. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in ECE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility for Government Posts being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in ECE?
  9. How can I get into government jobs after completion of B.Tech (ECE)?
  10. Government jobs for B.Tech ECE student? How to apply for such jobs?
  11. How to get a job as soon as completing my B.E?
  12. List of Government Jobs, Bank Jobs and Civil Jobs held in a year for which Graduates are eligible?
  13. What can I do to get job before finishing my studies? -- [New]
  14. Which exams can I write to get government jobs after B.E ECE?
  15. If I have 62% in B.E ECE can I apply for government jobs? Which are the upcoming government exams?
  16. Am I eligible for any exams(Government Jobs) or jobs after completing MSc in Virology?
  17. Which are the exams conducted for Government Jobs for B.Tech ECE students?
  18. Jobs for which I am eligible in central/state government after B.E ECE? Details about the exam and date of exam?
13th October 2011, 05:13 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it necessary to write civil Service exams for Police jobs? Am I eligible to apply for government jobs while in final year B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalluri.reshma View Post
Hi Reshma !

I suggest you to Fix for the first option to become Police because, it is the best job which is highly respected job in the country.

Police Job: It is the job done in police department.

In police department there are various levels of postings(Ranks) right from a normal Police Constable to DGP(Director General of police) or Director of IB.

the hierarchy in the police department is as follows in ascending order do have a look at it.

Police Constable->Senior Police Constable->Head Constable->Assistant Sub Inspector of Police->Inspector of Police
->Assistant superintendent of police->Assistant Commissioner of Police (or)Deputy Superintendent of Police->Additional Deputy Commissioner of police->Addutional Superintendent of Police->Deputy commissioner of Police(or) Super Intendent of Police->Additional Commissioner of Police (or) Deputy Inspector General of Police->Joint Commissioner of police (or) Inspector general of Police->Additional Director General of Police->Commissioner of Police
->Director General of Police->Director Intelligence Bureau

I think you have followed the hierarchy

For Constable post you will have a small selection procedure which will be conducted by various state after a notification for the same and the notifications and selection will depend on the posts available in a state govt police department. This job is government job but state govt job.

next comes, Head Constable,ASI,SI . For head constable there is no need to write any separate exam with just experience you will be promoted into this rank.
For ASI also 50% experience and 50% educational qualifications will be required
For SI you need to have a degree qualification and a vigorous selection in your state.
Till this post you are a non gazetted officer.

Here comes our Civil Service Exam i.e.,, the road way to become IPS Officer next all ranks will be given to you only after you become IPS Officer.
from ASP to Director of Intelligence bureau you will get constant promotions with the experience you gain as IPS officer.

Now to become IPS Officer you must clear an Entrance examination called UPSC Civil Service exam
This is very tough for sure. But if your desire to become IPS is more then the toughness will not be there.

So These are the gazetted jobs from ASP To Director of Intelligence Bureau only after becoming IPS officer through UPSC Civil Service Exam.

As you are in Final year B.Tech ECE you are eligible for the exam as per required educational qualification but on a condition that you need to get 21 years of age while applying to this examination.

If you are not 21 now, Don't worry you can apply to it in the next year. Get prepared for the big competition. Keep your desire to become IPS Officer and serve nation till the end.

For any further doubts you are always welcome to contact this forum.

All the best for your future

Regards

~AdityA~
25th October 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to write civil Service exams for Police jobs? Am I eligible to apply for government jobs while in final year B.Tech ECE?

I am pursuing final year b.tech(ece), Am i eligible for SI posts this year ?
24th April 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to write civil Service exams for Police jobs? Am I eligible to apply for government jobs while in final year B.Tech ECE?

iam self arayn verma sir want to become a police officer and iam study in class 11nth so which field i have choose to start my career.sir iam confuse what iam choos or not.
plz sir help me.
29th May 2012, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalluri.reshma View Post
no, its is not necessary to write civil service for police jobs. it depends on what level you want to enter. since you are btech, its is better to get in at officers level. civil service exam recruits for indian police service, railway protection force, union territory police forces. state civil service exams recruit for the state police. there is also upsc cpf exam which recruits for crpf, cisf, bsf, ssb, itbp- also there are other entries for persons who have technical qualifications so check employment news paper regularly. u can also join military- army, air force, navy. there is also coast guard. also u can try to join as scientist b at drdo. there are many options. as i said- read employment news regularly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?