9th November 2015, 10:24 PM
divyank raj

Which one to select between IPS and IAS?

sir
I am confuse which field I will select between IPS or ias for my better future. What is tha minimum seats for general category students in IPA/ias . and what are the subject in which I will work hard for this... Plz ans fast

Thank you

10th November 2015, 05:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to select between IPS and IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyank raj View Post
sir
I am confuse which field I will select between IPS or ias for my better future. What is tha minimum seats for general category students in IPA/ias . and what are the subject in which I will work hard for this... Plz ans fast

Thank you
IPS stands for Indian Police Service while IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

There is no doubt that IAS is far better post than IPS post.

After the final results of Civil Services Exam is declared, then the top rankers of the merit list often get IAS posts.

While the lower ones get posts like IFS, IRS, IPS, etc.

So, if you are getting an opportunity to choose between IAS and IPS, then you must choose IAS.

Because, IAS post is the supreme post all over India.

No any other post in India is comparable to IAS.
10th November 2015, 09:27 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.P.S stands for the Indian Police Service and I.A.S for the Indian Administrative Services and both the post are most prestigious.

To become the IAS or the IPS officer the candidates have to qualify in the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection. To qualify in the examination you need to work on all the paper as General Studies, Optional, Quantitative Aptitude. So you can start the preparation for it.

The topmost candidates are only eligible for the I.A.S and then for the I.P.S. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
10th November 2015, 10:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Both of them are best and but if you have an option go with the best you like as IPS means you are interested in the Police where as in the IAS you have to deal with the administrative jobs.

But to get the option available for the choice you have to work vary hard and qualify in the civil services examination. Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

To get the syllabus for the examination and the other details visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
11th November 2015, 03:26 PM
Mohit.Bansal

IPS and IAS are the top posts of India. IPS is related to Police while IAS is related to Administration.

IPS stands for Indian Police Services while IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

IAS officers have more power than IPS officers. IAS officers have direct contact with higher officials.

Civil Services Exam is conducted commonly for both IAS and IPS. You will get the post on the basis of your rank in Civil Services Exam.

So if you get higher rank then choose IAS.
13th November 2015, 08:43 PM
lachhia1
Junior Member+

IPS means Indian Police Service where as IAS means Indian Administrative Service. First that thing that I want to say is, getting job in both these services is very tough.

There were students who have been preparing for IAS and IPS for year and years, yet they are not getting selected.

IAS and IPS both are very popular. Hence, you choose civil service in which you are having interest.

With regard to number of seats, it would be below 1000 and the competition is in Lacs.

For eligibility, it would be :
-Students should have finished their Graduation already.

Age would be 21-32 years for General category, 21-35 years for OBC and 21-37 for SC or ST category.
14th November 2015, 10:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
Both are good jobs but if we compare we find IAS is better and higher than IPS. You get posts according to your rank. For more information you must visit its official site www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?