31st October 2015, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to fill the JRF form after completion of 28 years of age?

Respected Sir/Mam,
I want to know that, I completed my age limit 28 years. I am in SC. can I fill up the JRF Form. MY Special subject is economics. Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

Thanks!

31st October 2015, 02:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to fill the JRF form after completion of 28 years of age?

JRF stands for the Junior Research Fellowship and to get the recruitment the candidates have to qualify in the UGC examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the master's degree with at least 55% and age must be less than 28 years for the JRF. So you cannot appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted twice every year and to get the more information about the examination visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.
31st October 2015, 03:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to fill the JRF form after completion of 28 years of age?

JRF stands for the Junior Research Fellowship. To avail the JRF, you must apply for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC twice every year in the month of June and December respectively.

The academic qualification required for the JRF is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of master's degree can also apply for the exam. Minimum of 55% marks is required in master's degree. For SC/ST candidates 5% relaxation in marks.

The upper age limit for the JRF is 28 years for the general and OBC candidate but it is relaxed upto five years for the SC/ST candidates. So as you are SC candidate, you are still eligible for the JRF even after completing age of 28 years.

For more details, you can visit www.ugc.ac.in.
31st October 2015, 03:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Here is given eligibility criteria:

Upper age limit to apply is only 28 years where as age is relaxed to 5 years in case of SC, ST, OBC, Physical Handicapped, Visually Handicapped and female applicants.
31st October 2015, 04:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship and one who gets selected for JRF are eligible for studying research in the subject of their post graduation or related subjects.

For getting selected for JRF one needs to clear National Eligibility Test ( NET ) conducted by CBSE twice every year on the behalf of UGC.

To be eligible for NET for getting selected for JRF you need to have following qualifications :-

--> You must have either completed your Master's degree with any of 83 subjects provided by UGC or must be in the final year of same with at least 55% aggregate from a recognized university. There is provision of marks relaxation of 5% for reserved category candidates.

--> You must have the nationality of India with your age not exceeding 28 years in case you belong to general category where as if you belong to reserved category then it must be below 33 years.

Hence, it is clear from above mentioned age criteria that you are eligible for the same only if you belong to reserved category otherwise not as your age is over 28 years.

But if you satisfy the educational qualification mentioned above then you can apply for the same examination for your recruitment as assistant professor in UGC approved university.

For more details about the NET examination you can log on to the official link of www.cbsenet.nic.in.
31st October 2015, 04:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,
I want to know that, I completed my age limit 28 years. I am in SC. can I fill up the JRF Form. MY Special subject is economics. Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon.

Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for JRF even you have completed 28 years.

You are a SC category candidates so you have 5 years age relaxation.
31st October 2015, 05:32 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Yes.You are eligible to apply for NET(National Eligibility Test) for JRF(Junior Research Fellow) as you are belonging to SC category.

Eligibility
- You must have passed Bachelor Degree with atleast 55% from recognized university.
- Maximum Age Limit is 28 Years.Relaxation applicable as per government norms.

Paper Pattern
Exam consist 3 Papers.

Paper I
- Total Questions : 60 , Out of which 50 to be attended
- Total Marks : 100
- Questions will be asked from the Topics Aptitude , Reasoning , Data Interpretation , Information Communication Technology , Reading Comprehension etc.

Paper II
- Total Questions : 50
- Total Marks : 100
- Questions will be asked from choosen subjects by candidate.
- Time Duration : 75 Minutes

Paper III
- Total Questions : 75
- Total Marks : 150
- Time Duration : 2.5 Hours
31st October 2015, 06:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the NET examination conducted by the UGC twice in a year. The examination is conducted for the recruitment of the lecturer and JRF.

The eligibility to appear for the JRF examination is candidates must have passed the master's degree and age less than 28 years but there is relaxation of the 5years for the SC category.

So you can appear for the examination. The application form for the examination is available at the www.ugc.ac.in.
31st October 2015, 06:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for Junior Research Fellowship under National Eligibility Test:

General and OBC candidates: 28 years.

SC/ST candidates: 33 years, these candidates have upper age relaxation of five years.

So, you are eligible for the JRF. You can apply for the NET exam conducted by UGC provided that you have 55% or more in Masters. However being SC/ST candidate, you will get 5% marks relaxation.
31st October 2015, 08:49 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

Thanks!
Yes you are eligible to sit for NET Examination.

NET eligibility criteria:-
  • If you can secure minimum 55 percent of marks at post graduation level from a recognized university or institution then you are eligible to sit for this examination.
  • For the SC/ST and physically handicapped candidates the percentage to secure is 50 percent of marks.
  • Even final year students who will be appearing for the examination or awaiting the result can also sit for this exam.
  • The upper age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.
  • A relaxation of 5 years is provided to the SC/ST/OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates.
  • Candidates with enough research experience can also get age relaxation of upto 5 years.
  • Apart from this students possessing LLM degree will also get age relaxation.
  • For Lectureship post there is no upper age limit.

Official Website: http://www.ugc.ac.in
14th November 2015, 11:23 PM
shivani sawarn
Member+

JRF stands for Junior Research Fellowship.

Yes, you are eligible for the JRF NET examination.

JRF examination is conducted for NET(National Eligibility Test) by UGC(University Grants Commission) twice every year.

Eligibility criteria required for the NET JRF examination:-

* Completion of post-graduation with 55% marks from any recognised university.

* SC/ST and Physically handicapped students shoula have scored 50% marks in post-graduation.

* Final year candidates are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 28 years.

* Age relaxation:- 5 years for OBC, SC/ST and Physically handicapped candidates.

* Nationality:- Indian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?