31st October 2015, 11:03 AM
Scruft

Which option is the best after Diploma? Job or B.Tech?

Hey guys. I'm currently studying towards my Diploma in Civil Engineering and I have no idea what to do after I complete my Diploma. I was thinking of going for a B Tech right away but my class mates argue that it will be difficult to get a job since I'll be lacking experience and demanding higher salary. Which actually is a good option? Job or B Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Which option is the best after Diploma? Job or B.Tech? -- [New]
  2. Which is the best choice between joining in a job and B.Tech course after the completion of Diploma in AEIE?
  3. Opportunities to become Self-Employed after Diploma? Is AMIE best after Diploma?
  4. What is the date of PSU exam(Computer Science)? Exam pattern of PSU exam? Am I eligible after scoring 70.04%?
  5. Can I do B.Tech course in distance after completing diploma?
  6. Courses after diploma in Electronics and Communication except B.Tech?
  7. Am I eligible to write the UGC NET exam for lectureship after completing MBA finance with 70%?
  8. Opportunity of becoming self employed after Diploma? Is AMIE best after Diploma at the age of 24 years?
  9. Will I get a job after scoring 70% throughout my career?
  10. What to choose after graduation, Job, Master or PG diploma? Is there any hope available for me after facing failures many times?
  11. Can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech in CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which is the best option for a job other than Networking and Languages?
  13. Will i be able to get Job in software MNC's after my Diploma and B.Tech with 70% in aggregate?
  14. Which course can I get after doing B.Tech in ECE, MBA in HR and IT and Ph.d in Management? Should I do M.Tech in Electronics Design or M.Tech in IT for teaching in private/govt jobs?
  15. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
  16. Which is better after Diploma? Which will give me a better future?
  17. How I will join in B.Tech after Diploma?
  18. How can I join in B.Tech after diploma?
31st October 2015, 02:17 PM
Career advisor

Default Re: Which option is the best after Diploma? Job or B.Tech?

After diploma in civil engineeing,there are lots of jobs in government as well in private sector also. You can get job or go for further studies.If you want to do job then you can join government sector as JE(Junior Engineer) but there will be no promotion if you get job on the basis of Diploma.So,it is better that first you do your Btech or AMIE course and then go for the job which will give you more job oppurtunities.
31st October 2015, 04:53 PM
Roja kaki

Diploma which comes under under graduation.
-->Basically the thing is after diploma you can also do job but , for better job you should complete graduation.
-->Being Diploma graduate it is bit difficult to get job.
-->Note: Here we should concentrate on one more thing that diploma is lower than graduation degree.

Below are the courses you can do after completing Diploma in mechanical engineering:

--> Advance Diploma in Drafting and design.
--> Advance Diploma in Structural Design
--> Advance Diploma in construction management
--> Advance Diploma in civil Engineering
--> Advance diploma in surveying.

career avenues after civil engineering Diploma:
--> Rain water harvesting system.
--> Estimation
--> Gas and construction
--> Construction of pipe lines
--> surveying
--> water mains
--> Preparation of civil drawings.
--> Power generation firms.
--> Construction of Dams
--> construction of Bridges.
31st October 2015, 05:21 PM
maakaladla

After diploma you can do B.tech for my suggestion.

because with the degree course holder you are allowed for an better option in a jobs field.

salary difference are near about an 5,000 between and diploma or in degree course.

but with degree course you are a better option in another field in which the diploma holder are not allowed.
31st October 2015, 06:33 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

To the best of my knowledge, it would be better to pursue B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering.

The career scope in the field of Civil Engineering is ever green. There will be job opportunities for the candidates always in this field. Only thing that is required for the candidates is good subject knowledge and communication skills.

Yes. There will be jobs after Diploma in Civil Engineering. But you will be given very lower level positions. The salary will be very less. Why you have to compromise on the job level and salary now itself.

You have good career going forward. Don't waste it. Please join in B.Tech. Though you join job, after few years, you may realize for not joining in B.Tech.

After gaining good work experience you can start your own business in the field of construction. You can earn a lot.

Initially, I would suggest you to get jobs in good companies like L&T. Then you have a great scope to learn the things.

In order to join B.Tech course after diploma, you need to give an Entrance Exam. Depending upon your performance in the Entrance Exam, you will be given admission for B.Tech course across various colleges.

You can get admission directly to 2nd year of Civil Engineering since you completed Diploma.

Get admission in the good college so that you can get benefit in terms of campus placements. Top colleges invite companies for hiring the candidates through campus placements.

So, before taking the admission, just refer the previous year placement records of the college and take admission.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.
31st October 2015, 06:56 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no such case as according to me if you have interest in the study you can continue your study and go for the b.tech course as there is nothing like no jobs after the b.tech or the diploma.

There are jobs everywhere and if you have talent you will definitely get the job with handsome salary. So come out of misunderstanding about the jobs etc.. If you are interested in higher study you can opt for the b.tech other wise you can also appear for the various entrance examination conducted for the job recruitment for diploma candidates.
31st October 2015, 07:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is upto you , don't go away by the thoughts of your class mates.
As degree has more value then diploma, hence you must complete your B.Tech first.

After completing degree you can get a higher salary job and more reputed jobs than a diploma jobs.

More over after a degree, you can also apply for various jobs test, such as banking, teaching, post offices,etc.
31st October 2015, 10:49 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruft View Post
Hey guys. I'm currently studying towards my Diploma in Civil Engineering and I have no idea what to do after I complete my Diploma. I was thinking of going for a B Tech right away but my class mates argue that it will be difficult to get a job since I'll be lacking experience and demanding higher salary. Which actually is a good option? Job or B Tech?
It depends on your financial situation basically. If your economical status is good enough or in other words if there is no urgent need of money, then you continue your higher studies and pursue B.Tech by taking lateral entry to 2nd year of B.Tech. In this way, you can further get job after completing B.Tech.

But, if you wish to do job anyhow to contribute yourself to family's income then you must do the job. Even after doing the job, you can switch for your higher studies. There are many opportunities available. Even, you can apply for Distance learning course for B.Tech if you are unable to attend regular classes.
7th October 2017, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Which option is the best after aeronautical engineering in Diploma? Job or B.Tech
5th July 2018, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma and I working in private company since 2years and written a exam and got free seat and I have no idea to do btech or job
27th April 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

What is the better choice after diploma in mechanical engineering, job or B. E...?
3rd May 2019, 05:01 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

To the best of my knowledge, it would be better to pursue B. Tech in civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering. Because with the degree course holder you are allowed for a better option in the jobs field. As degree as more value than diploma. After
completing degree you can get a higher salary job and more reputed jobs than a diploma jobs.

Also, there will be a job opportunities in diploma in civil engineering, but you will be given very low level positions. And the salary will be very less.

In order to join B. Tech course after diploma, you need to give an entrance exam.. Depending upon your performance in the entrance exam, you will be given admission for B. Tech course across various colleges.
2nd February 2022, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Which are best option? After diploma, Placement through diploma in L&T or B.Tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?